Game Discussions Black Desert Online

Deleted member 110222

D
Me and a fair few guildies from ESO picked this up today as it's only four quid on Steam for the next few days.

Guys this game is amazing! The combat is just WOW.

And what a beautiful game! The land is spectacular!

And yes, the character designer really is as complex as the legends say.

Frankly worth it. Very solo-friendly game, too.

The first 10-20hours of BDO is just amazing, the combat the look of the game, everything.
But after you reach lvl 50 you will soon realize its a horrendously p2p grindfest. Don't get me wrong, it is still worth playing for the initial fun experience but if you want to be competitive prepare your wallet or be ready to grind like there is no tomorrow. Or, unfortunately, both.

I was very tempted by this but I think I'm going to wait for the Amazon MMO New World.

For 4 quid it's a steal but time is more my issue these days. I havent played an MMO proper since I quit EVE online 5 years or more ago. My wife may well be unhappy with another MMO in my family life :)

Deleted member 110222

D
The first 10-20hours of BDO is just amazing, the combat the look of the game, everything.
But after you reach lvl 50 you will soon realize its a horrendously p2p grindfest. Don't get me wrong, it is still worth playing for the initial fun experience but if you want to be competitive prepare your wallet or be ready to grind like there is no tomorrow. Or, unfortunately, both.
We've all seeny griping about getting things too quickly in ED.

Time to put myself on the opposite of the spectrum. :p

The grind was lil bit too much for me, and wasn't really in to paying as well. But yes if you are not scared by slow grinding play the BDO is one of the kind. The farming/housing/combat is just superb. I`m not a huge MMO player but BDO felt kind of unique, same as EVE.
I wish you good luck on your BDO adventure! May I ask what class you play?

For $5 I decided to go ahead and grab it. Some of the video clips reminded me of Dragon's Dogma (a favorite game from days past), so even if I only do a little exploring and PvE, it'll be worth it. I've spent more on McD junk food that was cold and stale, so what do I have to lose?

Deleted member 110222

D
The grind was lil bit too much for me, and wasn't really in to paying as well. But yes if you are not scared by slow grinding play the BDO is one of the kind. The farming/housing/combat is just superb. I`m not a huge MMO player but BDO felt kind of unique, same as EVE.
I wish you good luck on your BDO adventure! May I ask what class you play?
I've opted for Ranger. Good old bow and dagger.

And elf ears.

Deleted member 110222

D
For $5 I decided to go ahead and grab it. Some of the video clips reminded me of Dragon's Dogma (a favorite game from days past), so even if I only do a little exploring and PvE, it'll be worth it. I've spent more on McD junk food that was cold and stale, so what do I have to lose?
Honestly at the current price it's worth it just for the character creator.

Me and a fair few guildies from ESO picked this up today as it's only four quid on Steam for the next few days.

Guys this game is amazing! The combat is just WOW.

And what a beautiful game! The land is spectacular!

And yes, the character designer really is as complex as the legends say.

Frankly worth it. Very solo-friendly game, too.
I've played the hell out of it when it first came out, lured in, like many others, by an amazing character creator. :LOL:

I've never played a grindier and more frustrating, yet at the same time more beautiful and addictive game as BDO.
I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I'm also really glad I got rid of it.

Deleted member 110222

D
I've played the hell out of it when it first came out, lured in, like many others, by an amazing character creator. :LOL:

I've never played a grindier and more frustrating, yet at the same time more beautiful and addictive game as BDO.
I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I'm also really glad I got rid of it.
That's quite understandable.

It's not for everyone but as I have said, personally I am addicted to giant grinds. I find it to be perversely therapeutic.

Unrelated but I still have you on my ESO friend list. 😂

Not mine. Basically a simple log in once a month to not get kicked. That's it.

Other than that it's the definition of social guild.
You must be the luckiest player out there. Any time I hear somebody talking about guilds in MMOs, it's nothing but nightmares and horrors.

Unfortunately this game did not like my laptop for some reason, so I requested a refund, which Steam gave me. That's okay, I have so many games already that I haven't even started them all, let alone finish them.

Top Bottom