Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

why are some systems reading higher payouts! when they are in fact lower than the buy prices.Also what with the ??? market price/demand

narcot's buy 9246 / sell at 9164 ?? @ alpha caeli price.
obviously i know not to sell there but these is not the only market blunder Case i saw.

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.11.27 - 16.32.52.42.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2020.11.27 - 16.32.52.42.png
    687.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I have once again escaped the noob zone!
Back in a Cobra doing odd jobs all over: no home base, no goal, no destination. Space hobo!
Any pirates try to interdict me, I'm taking note of their faction and immediately seek a mission to give them a kicking.
Tanya remembers, Tanya gives payback! :D 👊
(Tanya has also got a Kumo Burger van for sale, contact Speedcuffs@NivenCarrier.galweb for details).

Just bagged my first H mass black hole. I've been doing a survey of them all around this area (mostly F masses, since there's thousands of them) but I started cross-checking with EDSM to see if there were any missing from the database under the AA-A ident and there were, but it seems even those that aren't in the database have been visited, so I was starting to lose hope there were any left. They all seem to have been discovered by the same CMDR so I'm assuming they were doing a systematic scan themselves, and the one I've discovered myself is the highest numbered on the list so far, so I'm hoping they might've only done so many and then moved on.

I'll check a few more out tomorrow from further down the list and see if they're still actually undiscovered, or if I just got lucky cos the other guy missed one out. If it appears they are discovered I might have to try a different tactic, or move to another sector (there looks to be good pickings in at least 2 others near me, so I'm gona check them all eventually).

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just WHAT did they do to painite!? Down to a 1/3 of the price it once was! OMG!!!1!!11!

:D

Ah well, nothing lasts forever.

Aaaanyway, I've just arrived back in Dianguandri on my carrier. The odd thing was, I selected planet AB1 which had the "carrier locked" icon above it and I expected it to say I couldn't go there due to max overload, carrier infestation, jump denied. It let me select it anyay and I'm now there.

Hmm... maybe someone left the locale as I entered it...

Last edited:
I'm not bothering much with mining until the prices settle out.

I've seen non-Painite stuff selling for very high prices, though.

I get the feeling that targeting a range of materials, rather than just Painite or just LTD or whatever, will be a good idea.

Besides, I can't stand using the PWA right now. It just drives me bananas.

Instead I've been trading and messing about.

Aaaanyway, I've just arrived back in Dianguandri on my carrier. The odd thing was, I selected planet AB1 which had the "carrier locked" icon above it and I expected it to say I couldn't go there due to max overload, carrier infestation, jump denied. It let me select it anyay and I'm now there.
This☝
I've done this several times now.
I think if someone's jumped their carrier out, the galmap doesn't update immediately.
Even if a system/planet has the no go icon, I still give it a try.

Aha! Finally sussed it!
Now got two launchers on the desktop, no more logging in and out all the time.
Seems to be working okay.

Tanya did thirty odd jumps to Cubeo because... I forgot economical plotting was on.:cry:
Had a look at paintjobs for the Cobra, found a freebie I was not aware of, 'Frontier 25' or something. Very nice, done yourself out of a sale there FDev!

Currently bouncing around out in the Synuefes taking video. While out there I thought I'd VO mine a bit. Finding icy rings is MURDER out here!
Just found one 500,000ls from the system star so oh well...I'l go make a cuppa and eggs.

I finally arrive and not only no VO hotspots, no hotspots AT ALL?!?!
Whaa! Fdevs! Awful! GRRRR!
RAGEQUIT!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO:

unlocked another two engineers, unfortunate they are both 22,000 ly away:(

setting up base to be in eurybia, has it seems to have best of both worlds, mining and high tech SYSTEMS ,abit more indictions but my t7 can live with that .renamed t7 to "ILLULANKA" a fire breathing Dragon.althought the sig still calls it Armoured transporter.

Last edited:
unlocked another two engineers, unfortunate they are both 22,000 ly away:(

setting up base to be in eurybia, has it seems to have best of both worlds, mining and high tech SYSTEMS ,abit more indictions but my t7 can live with that .renamed t7 to "ILLULANKA" a fire breathing Dragon.althought the sig still calls it Armoured transporter.
The last egnineer I unlocked was in Colonia. I don't care for material hunting but I still feel like I should go out there.

Found a painite (singular) hotspot in the bubble that has no carriers clogging up the planet. Took a number of metals off ignore and my cargo hold is filling up nicely. Once it's replete, I'll see what price the work.

It's a lot more fun than concentrating on just one commodity - which I had been doing.

I decided to make friends with a couple of extraction and refinery stations, to see what happens to the missions. Delivery missions are strongly affected by the price of the commodity involved, so with metals going up in price the delivery missions should also. But I'm not allied at any such stations, yet, so I can't really tell :)

Big Monch was happy to run a few missions. I haven't done any in quite a long while.

Screenshot_0865.jpg

Sweet. I see my Queen gave me a whole 51k. Though I immediately made a net loss of 150k as I transferred my fleet to Cubeo*. Though, as I've said, I'm not bothering to build up my rank again because the rewards aren't worth the grind.

*I consider three ships to be a fleet. Two is just backup.
Busy not having the game installed currently. Caught the Forza bug again.

Once shooting stuff is more profitable, I'll be back.....or once I've jumped gens.
Forza Horizons is alright. I have both that and Asphalt on the xBox Game Pass. They kinda complement each other since Asphalt is just a straight up arcade racer. Though I haven't even loaded Asphalt since I got it. Good game though. Lots of content like Forza and you can download it free on your phone and such outside of Game Pass.

Trying to decide whether to do the CG or not.
Enjoying the hobo lifestyle in the noob Cobra though.

Interdicted by an amateur ganker in a Vulture (again!). Must have thought I was an easy meat freebie epic, unarmed, shieldless, Harmless ranking.
How embarrassing for them.
Let them win the interdiction, danced around them for a while, a quick 'GG, Bwahahahah!' then hi-waked.:ROFLMAO:

Three cheers for the Epic new content! \o/

Top Bottom