Tritium mining is a bad joke out in the black!

Tritium mining is such a bad joke mining out in the black.
5 hours today exploring trying to find a hot spot or even a multiple over lapping hot spot which I didn't.
So dropped back to a single hot spot and just spent the last 3 hours mining and have only collected 160 units!
In them 3 hours I've only found one asteroid with 33.65% and only a couple of 28% nearly all others are well under 15%
How soul destroying does FD want to make this game!

I have had similar experiences and would have to agree. The only viable way is to stock up on Tritium from the bubble before going out. Mining yields should be buffed. To be honest I fail to understand why the carrier is not capable of just scooping from the stars.
Same here, I must have missed watching Sci Fi films and shows where space ships had to stop and go and mine so they could carry on with there journey!
Maybe this game is set in the 1900's and not the future. I'm surprised were not mining for coal!

I have had similar experiences and would have to agree. The only viable way is to stock up on Tritium from the bubble before going out. Mining yields should be buffed. To be honest I fail to understand why the carrier is not capable of just scooping from the stars.

It's supposed to be expensive to run and fuel cost is supposed to factor into it. That's the why, not saying I'm 100% on board with it but that's what they wanted.

I have a Krait MKII outfitted to mine Tritium 128T + 6 and so far, in single hotspots, I fill that up in under 1hr? Are you looking for sub-surface and using that? If not you are in for a grind. Still, even in my Cutter where I don't do as much sub-surface I can do double that in 3hrs pretty easily usually almost 3 times. :/

They need to up the tritium rates, since making money mining is no longer a thing, there should be no reason they can't up trit distribution, and the hotspots.

It's supposed to be expensive to run and fuel cost is supposed to factor into it. That's the why, not saying I'm 100% on board with it but that's what they wanted.

I have a Krait MKII outfitted to mine Tritium 128T + 6 and so far, in single hotspots, I fill that up in under 1hr? Are you looking for sub-surface and using that? If not you are in for a grind. Still, even in my Cutter where I don't do as much sub-surface I can do double that in 3hrs pretty easily usually almost 3 times. :/
Trit is the only material so far that's actually consumed instead of sold, they need to change it's drop rate accordingly. It shouldn't take just under 10 hours to fuel a carrier's tank mining. Especially when mining even nerfed painite will give you the money to fuel the tank in an hour via credits.

Trit is the only material so far that's actually consumed instead of sold, they need to change it's drop rate accordingly. It shouldn't take just under 10 hours to fuel a carrier's tank.

I'm with you on that. I'd like to see it back where it was before they mucked with hotspots. Still, I've not run into even an unlucky ring (hotspot) that I had to do 3hrs to collect 160T. That's almost "any 'ol spot in an icy ring" return rate there.

I think the jump cooldown is enough. No need to have players waste so much time mining for 1h after every jump. I mean hell, if you want to argue gameplay reasons like"the galaxy needs to be big" and all that then okay sure. Implement a fuel scoop so we can park it near a star for 1 hour while it fills up and in the meantime we explore the neighbouring systems.

Right?

there should be zero reason to be stingy with tritium drop rates
That I agree with wholeheartedly, as someone who doesn't even own a Fleet Carrier. :)

But the 'nerf' was long overdue, and you'll notice that with Painite brought back to a more reasonable level, there are several other items worth mining now. Still crazy easy to mace ludicrous amount of money in game, but some sembalnce of balance is better than the perpetual exploit level that we had before.

I'm with you on that. I'd like to see it back where it was before they mucked with hotspots. Still, I've not run into even an unlucky ring that I had to do 3hrs to collect 160T.
What they need to do is treat trit hotspots differently. They need to make them Uncommon in terms of rarity, (Common, Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary), so common enough to find without looking too hard but not at every planet. But the hotspot is has high levels of Trit, IE 40%+ or higher. Trit hotspots are coded to never overlap with any other hotspot even another trit hot spot. The idea is they are to be treated as fuel stops and not like the other mining hotspots as a source of funds.

Commodity price wise, their value should be 10k or less. Trit like Hydrogen fuel shouldn't be something you make money with, it's fuel not gold or painite.

That seems like an absurdly low rate of tritium to get per hour. I bet you're doing something wrong man. I can do 100 tons in 50 minutes at a single hotspot, doesn't matter if it's pristine or common or whatever.
Even your rate is still absurdly low, 100 tons in 50 minutes, so 8.33 hours to do it yourself, Get a friend and do it in 4 hours, get a full wing and do it in 2 hours. OR mine a money ore for an hour, BY YOURSELF and you can buy the trit outright. That's not right.

Tritium mining is such a bad joke mining out in the black.

so, you like bad jokes, or why didn't you stock up with tritium for 135k ly before leaving? serious question.

How soul destroying does FD want to make this game!
it's devilish that they put this choice on us players - buy it before leaving the bubble, or mine it out in the black. or mine it in the bubble ... but surely nobody would choose that.

I'm using a Conda with just mining lasers, I don't do sub-surface mining.
For a hot spot the Asteroids are just really low tritium %

so, you like bad jokes, or why didn't you stock up with tritium for 135k ly before leaving? serious question.

it's devilish that they put this choice on us players - buy it before leaving the bubble, or mine it out in the black. or mine it in the bubble ... but surely nobody would choose that.
I did stock up, I've used the 17000 units that I left the bubble with!

Top Bottom