Titan Arum (Tropical)
Hopea tree (Tropical)
Rafflesia (tropical)
Red ginger (tropical)
Tiger Orchid (Tropical)

Buildings & Facilities:
-Southeast Asia Themed building set
-Southeast Asia Themed Seating and bins

If I had to choose four SE Asian animals that I think are likely to appear in the game they would be;

- Malayan sun bear.
- Binturong.
- Clouded leopard.
- Siamang.

There are many others I think we would all like but IMO those four seem like the most obvious. The sun bear appears to have an as-yet unfinished file in the game as per the dev-leak, the binturong is unique but easily adapted from the red panda rig, the clouded leopard is popularly requested, and the siamang is, AFAIK, the most common gibbon species in zoos (though I'd also say the Northern white-cheeked gibbon is pretty likely).

Clouded Leopard, Sun Bear, Gibbon of any species, Amur Leopard (if we don't get the African Leopard by then) or the Yak if we do have an African Leopard - no need in my mind to have two very similar leopard species.

Exhibit animal - the Indian Cobra is an absolute MUST.

If I had to choose four SE Asian animals that I think are likely to appear in the game they would be;

• Malayan sun bear.
  • Binturong.
  • Clouded leopard.
  • Siamang.

There are many others I think we would all like but IMO those four seem like the most obvious. The sun bear appears to have an as-yet unfinished file in the game as per the dev-leak, the binturong is unique but easily adapted from the red panda rig, the clouded leopard is popularly requested, and the siamang is, AFAIK, the most common gibbon species in zoos (though I'd also say the Northern white-cheeked gibbon is pretty likely).
I would love this, with one condition. I don't want any gibbons until we have full brachiation animations. Otherwise they'll just feel like chimpanzees, like how the orangutans are basically orange gorillas at the moment.

In the absence of a gibbon species, I think these animals would have a decent shot at making it:
  • Gaur or Banteng(Decently requested by the community and it would be nice to have a cattle-type of bovine, which we don't have. The Gaur has a Vulnerable conservation ranking, while the Banteng is Endangered, adding to their appeal)
  • Babirusa (This is another animal I see requested a lot. It also has a Vulnerable conservation ranking, and is a pig/swine, which we only have one of currently. It's also incredibly unique looking)
  • Proboscis monkey (Incredibly unique looking and also Endangered. Gets us a primate without them having to make brachiation animations. I think they know by now the community would throw a fit over gibbons without them)

I would love this, with one condition. I don't want any gibbons until we have full brachiation animations. Otherwise they'll just feel like chimpanzees, like how the orangutans are basically orange gorillas at the moment.

In the absence of a gibbon species, I think these animals would have a decent shot at making it:
  • Gaur or Banteng(Decently requested by the community and it would be nice to have a cattle-type of bovine, which we don't have. The Gaur has a Vulnerable conservation ranking, while the Banteng is Endangered, adding to their appeal)
  • Babirusa (This is another animal I see requested a lot. It also has a Vulnerable conservation ranking, and is a pig/swine, which we only have one of currently. It's also incredibly unique looking)
  • Proboscis monkey (Incredibly unique looking and also Endangered. Gets us a primate without them having to make brachiation animations. I think they know by now the community would throw a fit over gibbons without them)

I've said before that I'd love the proboscis monkey (or the douc langur), but I'm a sucker for any kind of monkey really. They could release a DLC with nothing but four species of monkeys and I'd still buy it. Every zoo goes ham with their primates, after all.

There are so many potential options for a Southeast Asia Pack that choosing just five animals is really quite difficult. These are, ultimately, the five species I think I would choose, with reasoning behind each:

1. Sun bear - This one seems very likely to be included; I certainly would love to see these animals as my local zoo actually has a pair of them that were rescued from the wildlife trade in Cambodia and moved over from an over-capacity rescue centre. They are good climbers and one of the most beautiful of the eight species.

2. Asiatic golden cat - Choosing a smaller cat is very challenging - I honestly would not mind seeing either a fishing cat or a clouded leopard in place of this species, but its continuing presence in captivity and its broad range of colour variants (at least six co-occurring in parts of its wild range) means it takes my top spot.
3. Spectacled langur - While I would like to see a gibbon at some point, I actually have a preference for an Asian monkey; I nearly chose the red shanked douc but these are much scarcer in captivity than the spectacled langur, which is kept in Europe, America and Australia, is endangered and has an almost comic appearance.
4. Vietnamese sika deer - The only other habitat species I am certain in wanting its inclusion; they are commonly kept in European zoos, have beautiful fallow-like markings, are able to be kept in walkthrough enclosures and would be the first Extinct in the Wild animal to be included in the entire game.

5. King cobra - Choosing the exhibit species is a difficult proposition, with certainly the tokay gecko another close competitor; however I have chosen the cobra on account that there have been no snake species included in any DLC pack yet and the cobra is such a charismatic reptile.

So...the Sun Bear we already know were getting.
I really want the White-Cheeked Gibbon or at'least any other type of Gibbon. To me they are a must have in PZ. They are just too cool to watch and listen to not have them ingame.
The other two animals I'm not sure what I want.
I also want to see the King Cobra for an exhibit animal, because it's so awesome!!!

Last edited:
Now that we know the sun bear would come. I would say that the most probable configuration is:
Sun bear
Clouded leopard
Gibbon
Malayan tapir

King cobra

That would really be ideal for me, although I wound not be mad if there would a binturong instead of clouded leopard. Both of them are fine with me.

Something like a South East Asia Pack, I think could be the one to break the pattern of 4(+1) animals, if we can accept most of them are based on existing rigs.
Because of that I go with 6+2

Sun Bear
Bintorung
Small Clawed Otter
Sulawesi Black Macaque (Macaca nigra - goes under several english names)
Lar Gibbon
Lowland Anoa

King Cobra (We already got cobra scenery)
McCord's Snake Necked Turtle

Even though most of these are easy to see what they are based on, they still feel/look fairly different from what we got in game already. The gibbon would probably be the most complicated of these. Perhaps that could make bigger packs easier to make for Frontier.

(Just realized it is not the most colorful bunch of animals)

I have a hard time believing they'd make a pack specifically for a particular region of a continent... at least, not until they've made a full continent pack for every continent.

Now that we know the sun bear would come. I would say that the most probable configuration is:
Sun bear
Clouded leopard
Gibbon
Malayan tapir

King cobra
Ugh... I hope not... that's literally nothing but clones... not saying I don't want this list, but all at once? There needs to be more "new" animals...

Still hoping for a Raccoon Dog and Sichuan Takin for an Asian Pack... and Babirusa, but the Sun Bear is likely the obligate clone, so I'm not sure if I want another.

Gibbon
Clouded Leopard
Babirusa
Proboscis Monkey
Malayan Tapir
King Cobra

Great Hornbill
Golden Pheasant/Argus Pheasant (if they ever implement flying birds)

Assuming they continue with the 4 habitat animals and 1 exhibit animal I would like in a South East Asia Pack:

Habitat -
Sumatran Clouded Leopard
Endangered
Golden Cheeked Gibbon Endangered (There have been successful reintroductions to the wild in Vietnam with this species so it would be a good species to promote conservation (and they are soooooooo cute))
Silvery Gibbon Endangered
Sun Bear Vulnerable (The only reason this is on my list is because of the supposed leak (the other animals turned out to be correct) but if we are getting what is essentially a reskin I would much rather have the Sumatran Tiger, Sumatran Orangutan or Malayan Tapir instead of ANOTHER bear)

Exhibit -
Reticulated Python
Least Concern

Personally I would rather have a more generalised Asian pack than a specific South East Asian pack because then they could include the animal I am most desperate for; The Amur Leopard, and the Asian Short Clawed Otter (Or preferably both of these plus the four on my list and maybe the King Cobra as well as the python)

Personally I would rather have a more generalised Asian pack than a specific South East Asian pack
I agree. While I like a lot of animals from SE Asia. For some diversity I'd like to see an Asian Pack covering multiple parts.
That being said, would love a SE Asia DLC, some of my favorite species are from that region.

I might as well leave my idea

-Sun Bear
-Siamang with proper brachiating
-Bear Cat
-Malayan Tapir or Babirusa ( not a big fan of clouded leopard )
-King Cobra

Unless we would get an Asian deer in a different DLC down the road, I would prefer one here instead of the tapir. (I think many deer species are more different from each other than the Baird's and Malayan tapir are from each other. One tapir is enough for me.) But I agree, the binturong, and a small old-world primate, are a must for such a pack! Clouded leopard would be nice too. Though I'd be surprised if we got three Carnivorans (Sun bear, Binturong, and Clouded leopard) all in one pack.

Top Bottom