Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

Well, they did answer that earlier. But some people aren't good readers :D

(And as we get towards the 900th repeat of the same question not everyone bothers responding any more :ROFLMAO: )
exactly, and this gives a serious bad rep to every1 with real that isnt solved still, that has been affectef by said server issues but still isnt solved, because they assume every message they now get are the same issue that gets repeatedly asked, while mine is entirely different.

Indeed. 1st page, 1st post, towards the end. Yes, devs post so yes, official news.
"I’m a lifetime expansion pass holder – will I receive Odyssey free of any additional charge?"

"Yes."

Do not answer the question of Suit Skin and Music. :)

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

exactly, and this gives a serious bad rep to every1 with real poopoo that isnt solved still, that has been affectef by said server issues but still isnt solved, because they assume every message they now get are the same issue that gets repeatedly asked, while mine is entirely different.
In the case of the LEP, this is the kind of information that should appear in the first PO post without having to ask the question.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Greetings Commanders,

We believe a fix is now in place for all new Odyssey pre orders.

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

1. Right-click on Elite Dangerous in Steam
  2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  3. Uncheck the "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey" DLC
  4. Go to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
  5. Click "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

We appreciate your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

o7
As Lifetime expansion pass owners we have also paid do we get also access now and get the special pioneer suit

Got a link to those screenshots?
In hindsight, the screenshots I saw were exactly like the ones from Steam's news article...just with a few numbers removed (saw the pictures in the CQC Discord server). So, there's an argument to be made that my initial sentiments were in error, and that alpha is not yet available. I would've held off on the pre-order had I of known I would not be allowed to play Odyssey immediately.

So my wife just Gifted the deluxe alpha to me on Steam.
Its not downloading.
I came here to the forums and found this thread and followed the steps detailed in the beginning.
It did not work.

In hindsight, the screenshots I saw were exactly like the ones from Steam's news article...just with a few numbers removed (saw the pictures in the CQC Discord server). So, there's an argument to be made that my initial sentiments were in error, and that alpha is not yet available. I would've held off on the pre-order had I of known I would not be allowed to play Odyssey immediately.
I assumed that was what pre meant, the last time I bought something on pre-order, a Kindle book, it showed up when it became available some months later.
For the alpha subscribers available will mean something different.

Its not downloading.
I came here to the forums and found this thread and followed the steps detailed in the beginning.
It did not work.

It has been blocked from downloading I think because of the problems with the original launcher, I have the same thing on PC, paid for it but can't download it yet, I expect in a day or two at the latest it will be available, meanwhile the steps in the beginning are only for people who downloaded the faulty launcher when it was available, they already downloaded with the faulty launcher but then couldn't get into the base game. So unless you jumped in at the every beginning I don't think you won't have the download available or be able to download it.

Greetings Commanders,

We believe a fix is now in place for all new Odyssey pre orders.

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

1. Right-click on Elite Dangerous in Steam
  2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  3. Uncheck the "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey" DLC
  4. Go to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
  5. Click "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

We appreciate your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

o7

What about your Frontier Store page? I tried to order the game, but its still there in my basket, & I haven't received any notification that the payment has gone through.

Its not downloading.
It did not work.
This thread is a fix for people who pre ordered at minute 1 of it going live on steam, but after downloading some data, it was braking the launcher for people and we could not go into the game. Those are steps to revert it.

What about your Frontier Store page? I tried to order the game, but its still there in my basket, & I haven't received any notification that the payment has gone through.

Let me get that.

I received confirmation by email shortly after ordering, if it's still in your basket it doesn't look like your order has gone through. Once confirmed I went back to the Frontier store page and checked.

The Frontier store page now shows me as having paid for Odyssey, there are 3 Odyssey links on the "downloadable content" page with download links, two don't work of course because they are content that doesn't require download, the third will download the "Elite Launcher" executable, but it appears to be the same one I already have, if I download and run it the Odyssey link doesn't appear in the launcher, so I think what they have done is remove the launcher with Odyssey on until they fix the problem, once it's done downloading the "Elite Launcher" executable should then give me the download and the link in the launcher.

So it's paid for by me, but still not available, I will wait for an updated notification on the forums.

[
imma just drop my issues here...

so my friend just gifted my a gift code to get elite dangerous on their costs, but during the registration progress for the frontier store things started to work weird... it kept sayin the captcha was wrong, untill eventually it said the login credentials were alrdy known by frontier, so i checked my mail to find an email tht said my acc has been created, so i should login.. Now, when i try to log in, the site loads really slowly, and eventually i get the constant error message saying there's something wrong with the recaptcha, and that i should try again.. but i get this even when the recaptcha is filled in and considered valid, that i'm not a robot? I also sometimes just get no response, except for a refresh of the log in page with no progress being actually made for loggin in..

What can I do about this? My browser console gives up the following error codes when I initially try to log in to my account and the page just reloads itself:
Code:
Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.
(anonymous) @ B8651920.116875156;dcadv=4799106;sz=1x2;ord=425519665354.3187:1
B8651920.116875156;dcadv=4799106;sz=1x2;ord=425519665354.3187:144 Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.
(anonymous) @ B8651920.116875156;dcadv=4799106;sz=1x2;ord=425519665354.3187:144
B8651920.116875156;dcadv=4799106;sz=1x2;ord=425519665354.3187:144 Failed to execute 'write' on 'Document': It isn't possible to write into a document from an asynchronously-loaded external script unless it is explicitly opened.
(anonymous) @ B8651920.116875156;dcadv=4799106;sz=1x2;ord=425519665354.3187:144

Hope you guys can help me out!
plz any1 save me from this hellish situation if u can!!

Top Bottom