ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.3

Greetings Commanders,

Welcome to the third and final set of game balancing changes this side of 2021. In the new year, we'll turn our attention to other aspects of the game that you've raised in your suggestions and feedback. As promised, we're making some further balancing changes to other elements of combat which can be expected alongside a GalNet article later today:

Combat Bonds
High-end NPC combat bonds will provide many more credits, seeing an increase from around 80,000Cr to 400,000Cr. Similar to the recently updated bounties values, the HUD will not reflect the new figure after a kill, but the transaction tab will. These may (rarely) appear to be issued by the Pilot's Federation.

Anti-Xeno Combat
Thargoid combat bonds will provide 4x as many credits as before.

The experience gained from Thargoids which contributes to Combat rank has been re-scaled. This means that Thargoid scouts will provide less than before, however each interceptor will offer more than the last, all the way up to Hydras. The exact amount earned will vary according to the number of pilots who contribute to the kill as well as their various combat ranks.

Delivery Missions
The increase in minable commodity prices has had an unexpectedly large effect on delivery missions due to compounding multipliers, allowing large numbers of credits to be earned with minimal risk and effort. To re-focus the earnings on the effort made, the rewards for these have been changed so that the distance travelled and quantity transported has a larger effect on the pay. Payouts remain relatively high and will be monitored for any further necessary adjustments.

Thank you as always for your replies and insights. Your feedback continues to be invaluable and will drive the further changes in the new year. In the meantime, let us know what you think about the adjustments above!

o7
I think the Nerf of delivery missions has gone a bit too far. Prior to updating they were around 1M - 4.5M then they went to max 25M and now down to 0.5M to 1.3M which is not really worth the time 1.5 - 5M would be about right.

I really am not happy with the changes to Delivery Missions. I have really good relations with several factor and could depend on them for fair wages but now its like I did all the work earning allies so I could earn more but it seems that was all just a waste. I feel like I am starting over when it comes to earning credits. I play over 80+ hours a week and I am happy with all other changes.
PLEASE change the Delivery Mission Metrics back.

Greetings Commanders,

Welcome to the third and final set of game balancing changes this side of 2021. In the new year, we'll turn our attention to other aspects of the game that you've raised in your suggestions and feedback. As promised, we're making some further balancing changes to other elements of combat which can be expected alongside a GalNet article later today:

Combat Bonds
High-end NPC combat bonds will provide many more credits, seeing an increase from around 80,000Cr to 400,000Cr. Similar to the recently updated bounties values, the HUD will not reflect the new figure after a kill, but the transaction tab will. These may (rarely) appear to be issued by the Pilot's Federation.

Anti-Xeno Combat
Thargoid combat bonds will provide 4x as many credits as before.

The experience gained from Thargoids which contributes to Combat rank has been re-scaled. This means that Thargoid scouts will provide less than before, however each interceptor will offer more than the last, all the way up to Hydras. The exact amount earned will vary according to the number of pilots who contribute to the kill as well as their various combat ranks.

Delivery Missions
The increase in minable commodity prices has had an unexpectedly large effect on delivery missions due to compounding multipliers, allowing large numbers of credits to be earned with minimal risk and effort. To re-focus the earnings on the effort made, the rewards for these have been changed so that the distance travelled and quantity transported has a larger effect on the pay. Payouts remain relatively high and will be monitored for any further necessary adjustments.

Thank you as always for your replies and insights. Your feedback continues to be invaluable and will drive the further changes in the new year. In the meantime, let us know what you think about the adjustments above!

o7
I really am not happy with the changes to Delivery Missions. I have really good relations with several factor and could depend on them for fair wages but now its like I did all the work earning allies so I could earn more but it seems that was all just a waste. I feel like I am starting over when it comes to earning credits. I play over 80+ hours a week and I am happy with all other changes.

Quote Reply
Report Edit

well, we started small ... PWA is now working again .... it remains to adjust the prices of resources normally so that mining is not so dead. The proposal is simple to return mining 150 million per hour by raising prices. This will not affect the "war" in any way ... Because they go to war from a good life in games

Last edited:

Quote Reply
Report Edit
Delivery missions are ruined and follow on missions which are meant to be bonus missions are an absolute joke

I think the Nerf of delivery missions has gone a bit too far. Prior to updating they were around 1M - 4.5M then they went to max 25M and now down to 0.5M to 1.3M which is not really worth the time 1.5 - 5M would be about right.
I completely agree. I understand a reduction as I have earned up to 40million on just a simple transport yeah it was sweet and allow me to grow but you know I have a perfect allied relationship and work hard to get it so I feel the big payday is close to fair already.

Please DONT change them back. They have been underpaid forever. Oh wait they arent changing them back. YES!

The delivery missions are quite bad at CR payout now. The rep and inf gain is great but if you are allied with all or any of the factions, they just aren't worth the time. I'd even wager winging up for the bigger payouts is a bit.... thin for profit offered.

This is, of course, just my opinion but I won't be taking any on anymore.

Yes, because game has only 3 activities.
Combat, mining, and hauling.
Sure.
Stop beating dead horse, they nerfed too hard "only" 1 kind of missions, you still have exploration, regular trade, trade missions, any combat, mining, passengers, and other missions. I'm sure, that I'm forgot about few things.
Payouts from delivery missions are now too low, but all people, which think, that only mining and combat can give decent money just don't know this game, and they think, that this is literally space ETS.

Last edited:
Indeed, delivery missions (and supply to a certain degree) need to be re-adjusted.
They're rather not worth doing them, not to mention stacking them. And being interdicted 4-5 times during a 100-200 ls flight is not helping when you get only peanuts

Yes, because game has only 3 activities.
Combat, mining, and hauling.
Sure.
Stop beating dead horse, they nerfed too hard "only" 1 kind of missions, you still have exploration, regular trade, trade missions, any combat, mining, and other missions.
Payouts from delivery missions are now too low, but all people, which think, that only mining and combat can give decent money just don't know this game, and they think, that this is literally space ETS.
So you think having 2 out of 3 activities for earning credits is balanced, yea alright...... all hauling missions are nerfed.
Don't know the game......lol......been this since release.....so I'm well entitled to be ed off with yet another balls up.

Talking of game balancing? If you do combat zones, at some point the game decides your fate. It's random, but once you hear the zone commander say something, thats it. I was just in a combat zone thing, greens are clearly outnumbering the reds, then over the coms "the battle has taken a turn for the worse.." or some crap, and then there's 10 more red ships, all on you, and you're blown up. Doesnt matter what ship, or anything. What a load of sh*t. So once you hear that sort of wording, you have to jump away, because the game decided so?

Also, are the AI ships too smart for FDev? The idea of combat zones is you have a place to go shoot some stuff. So with that, if you're wanting to support one of the factions, you can pick up those massacre missions. The idea being, after shooting down 71 ships, you get some cash. But the AI ships jump away. Sometimes with 50% hull damage. Or, for some reason, the galactic imposed speed limit somehow allows them to float away faster than any ship can travel? Change that so they dont jump, or float away. Or is it maybe they'll just keep jumping away? Cant your reign that stuff in?

Talking of game balancing? If you do combat zones, at some point the game decides your fate. It's random, but once you hear the zone commander say something, thats it. I was just in a combat zone thing, greens are clearly outnumbering the reds, then over the coms "the battle has taken a turn for the worse.." or some crap, and then there's 10 more red ships, all on you, and you're blown up. Doesnt matter what ship, or anything. What a load of sh*t. So once you hear that sort of wording, you have to jump away, because the game decided so?

Also, are the AI ships too smart for FDev? The idea of combat zones is you have a place to go shoot some stuff. So with that, if you're wanting to support one of the factions, you can pick up those massacre missions. The idea being, after shooting down 71 ships, you get some cash. But the AI ships jump away. Sometimes with 50% hull damage. Or, for some reason, the galactic imposed speed limit somehow allows them to float away faster than any ship can travel? Change that so they dont jump, or float away. Or is it maybe they'll just keep jumping away? Cant your reign that stuff in?
You cannot see the whole of the conflict zone the fact that you outnumber the enemy within 10km or so of you doesn’t mean that the rest of the war is going that well.

They fixed the ultra smart AI and the weapons they developed four and a bit years ago.
Conflict Zones are where you go to fight a war against warships. The AI there are a little smarter and much better equipped than the ones you meet in a random RES, driving the enemy away can count towards the victory in the war so them jumping away is a feature.
The ones that flee just faster than your ship have had a drive failure, that isn’t a feature but a known bug.

technical silence and removal ... Classic ... Guys, we will have a balance !!! Well, how are we going to nerf you now, and then we will be silent. This is not trolling, this is a statement of fact. Is there at least some official news and ideas about the so-called balancing? Otherwise, the odyssey will be wonderful ... but the game does not end with the odyssey ... it is primarily a space simulator ... A simulator in which I want to mine for normal money, and not as I am now

Greetings Commanders,

Welcome to the third and final set of game balancing changes this side of 2021.

o7
technical silence and removal ... Classic ... Guys, we will have a balance !!! Well, how are we going to nerf you now, and then we will be silent. This is not trolling, this is a statement of fact. Is there at least some official news and ideas about the so-called balancing? Otherwise, the odyssey will be wonderful ... but the game does not end with the odyssey ... it is primarily a space simulator ... A simulator in which I want to mine for normal money, and not as I am now

The OP said in the original post that I quoted from above that this is it for this year.

Mind you it is nice that someone wants to mine for normal money, most seem to want insane money for mining.

Crazy ones are not needed, they are needed corresponding to those stated earlier, I have never met the prices for the promised 600k payite in a month. Hence, there is a clear understanding that the developers deceived me
As I recall that was the maximum price it could reach, I have seen people saying that they have achieved values within 10% of that but as I currently am not currently interested in mining I cannot confirm that.
Actually as I have rarely bothered searching for the best place to sell anything I have mined I would be unlikely to achieve maximum value anyway I usually just sell at the most convenient station and settle for almost 100% profit.

As I recall that was the maximum price it could reach, I have seen people saying that they have achieved values within 10% of that but as I currently am not currently interested in mining I cannot confirm that.
Actually as I have rarely bothered searching for the best place to sell anything I have mined I would be unlikely to achieve maximum value anyway I usually just sell at the most convenient station and settle for almost 100% profit.
maybe someone was lucky ... I didn’t meet more than 430k, although I flew 500-1000 light years into systems with the necessary statuses / states. Secondly, I have never met a station at which even for 430k I can hand over 500 payite at full price ... It is annoying when the words do not correspond to the action ... I mean my faith in the words of the developers.

Top Bottom