AMA IV - Happy 3307

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
If ships today hit a skimmer, it knocks out the ships shields and you are in trouble (to stop players simply mashing them). What happens to a ship if it hits a players shields on foot? Will the same happen (and the ship loses shields?).

Bruce G

Senior Community Manager
Can they be bought or synthesised and then you can remove the time delay after firing 3 probes? Pilots who use probes carefully need to synthesise less of them. Those that prefer to just spam 50 probes quickly can do that too. While you're at it, remove the need to be going so slowly to fire them - if they miss because I'm going too fast, they miss (could be an engineering mod)
Sounds reasonable, although my personal take is that the annoyance of this nerf after all this time would outweigh the benefit of a small amount of extra realism.

Will we see a richer story line this year now Gal Net is back ? Lots of twists and turns and community goals that result in big changes ?

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Will Thargoids be out and about for the Odyssey FPS side of things? So we can see them in all their alien glory? And shoot them dead?

giphy.gif

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Sounds reasonable, although my personal take is that the annoyance of this nerf after all this time would outweigh the benefit of a small amount of extra realism.
To be fair, while the efficiency targets are so easily achieved (even more so with the new module) it's kind of a moot point.

When will hired NPC crew members be able to sit in the cockpit? In the unlikely event that we're full of human commanders in multicrew they would obviously be kicked out of the chair, but for the 99.99% of time we're not multicrewed it would be a welcome addition to the cockpit/bridge, increase immersion and go some way to justify them taking a 10% cut when they're not actually doing anything.

Will existing planetary installations (the ones without docking pads) get the positive BGS work options being announced for Odyssey? Currently they're kind of a liability as an asset for a faction to own because they're only targets for negative work (like planetary scans, destroy generators or things like that).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom