200,000 CQC Kills

Deleted member 110222

D
Fighting you is funny.

One day I'll get back into playing it. Been a bit depressed by real life lately so taking a break from games in general.

Trust me @MUSKETEER, I know exactly what it's like to be in your position as that was me on flight combat games on Xbox 360. I'm not hating on you as that would be hypocritical of me.

Hey Musketeer, are you using silent running all the time or what. Is it heatsinks why are you so hard to target

Edit : I don't know if it's the subtle FA-off movement but damn that spiral you guys do is hard to target

Because 100,000 was not enough

uJNZGfQ.png

Quite a journey, 9 CQC leaderboards wins with my old squadron - The Winged Hussars, gained hundreds of haters :p

Special thanks to CMDR Blastard from CQC Discord without whom TWH wouldn't have got so many points every season.

uY5YNeT.png
Not something I'd brag about but I'm more than once in this statistics. 🤔 Damn good, congrats.

What I would like to see is a CQC arena where we could bring our engineered ships from in game. Some ice rings thrown in. Would be nice to log in for a quick 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 with your mates without having to waste time travelling to the usual PvP places in game. Maybe have arena for small ships and arena for medium ships etc... If they threw in a server too that would be amazing so that we dont have P2P issues. It would probably go some way to making open play a better experience for many.
In the first year of the game I proposed 'Arenas' (in ED) where CMDRs could take ships purely for completely legal PvP. All repairs/rebuilds would be fully covered by the TV companies broadcasting the battles across the bubble.
And different Arena's on offer could vary in nature along the lines you mentioned...

Sorry to say but Arena matches with current main game PvP ships as they are now would require 30--60 minute timer per match, lol?. Main game PvP is broken because the game is made to be safe - Elite Safe: Horizons (TM)

Honestly 20-30 minutes of jousting isn't interesting to watch. I saw one of the matches in the last PvP League not that long ago (I believe it was in the finals I randomly found it on Twitch) and it wasn't interesting to watch at all (from the perspective of someone who didn't take part) - I think about 60-70 people were watching the finals (can't tell for sure). I don't even remember who played or who won... Now imagine matches between even less experienced players.. hell.. I would rather watch an episode of some Argentinian telenovela for 60 minutes than a PvP match between some randoms.

I think to make main game PvP fun the ships would have to have like 80% less shields/hull than they have now. Shields are just too strong compared to weapon damage. Yes.. it makes the carebears feel safe and happy, but ruins the PvP.

Just my 2p

Last edited:
Sorry to say but Arena matches with current main game PvP ships as they are now would require 30--60 minute timer per match, lol?. Main game PvP is broken because the game is made to be safe - Elite Safe: Horizons (TM)

Honestly 20-30 minutes of jousting isn't iteresting to watch. I saw one of the matches in the last PvP League not that long ago (I believe it was in the finals I randomly found it on Twitch) and it wasn't interesting to watch at all (from the perspective of someone who didn't take part) - I think about 60-70 people were watching the finals (can't tell for sure). I don't even remember who played or who won.. Judging from the Twitch comments some people (probably directly involved) were discussing it. Now imagine matches between even less experienced players.. hell.. I would rather watch an episode of some Argentinian telenovela for 60 minutes than a PvP match between some randoms.

I think to make main game PvP fun the ships would have to have like 80% less shields/hull than they have now. Shields are just too strong compared to weapon damage. Yes.. it makes the carebears happy, but ruins the PvP.

Just my 2p

The topic of "hitpoint inflation" has been discussed at length by Cmdr Truesilver whom I respect very much but he is sadly not playing the game anymore.
I agree that PvP balancing in game needs a lot of work. I have heard rumours that FD will be focusing on this in the near future.
I always refer back to pre engineer days (around version 1.2) as the golden age of PvP in ED. Things were finely balanced.

As for matches taking 30-60 min this may not necessarily be the case. Some feedback cascade, reverb mines, focused plasmas, team focus etc. Currently CQC feels like a neat arcade which has little to do with in game PvP. It is almost a separate game in itself. I would like an arena which is related and can be used as a direct comparator for in game PvP. It would also facilitate fast matchmaking between players, wing fights, squadrons etc... I dont expect people to watch 30 min fights if they don't want to, as long as the participants are happy its all that matters. I have had some amazing 15-30 min fights lately vs top Cmdr's like Pipko, Yamato, etc... For me a quick 15-30 second fight in CQC is equally unattractive. So perhaps CQC can have 3 modes: Arcade, Open PvP or Pre engineers. Small, Medium ships whatever...

As for the PvP league ( or "FDL league" as I have called it since season 2 when my team last took part) there has been the odd interesting match. I think the first round of this year final with the fight ending in a 1v1 showdown and Cmdr Touride exploding due to running out of oxygen with a broken canopy was a good watch. It is not the players fault that there is The One Meta ship called FDL, hitpoint inflation, dwindling PvP playerbase and lack of official support. Did you know that frontier devs used to come to watch season 2? Just before they came up with the failed idea of "Icarus Cup" which never took place.

Then again some complained that the silent meta was boring. So emissive was brough in with engineers. If that wasn't enough night vision was the final nail in the coffin for hybrids, hull tanks and black friday skin owners. I could go on forever...

Anyway, each to their own. Just as you are proud of your achievement in CQC so are the people who took part in the PvP league. Currently there is no comparison between the two and sadly no official recognition for the people in the second group.

Just my 2p ;)

Last edited:
I think to make main game PvP fun the ships would have to have like 80% less shields/hull than they have now. Shields are just too strong compared to weapon damage. Yes.. it makes the carebears feel safe and happy, but ruins the PvP.

Just my 2p
Well, we move into the discussion of how well planned/balanced Engineering is there I fear. My view is it was a lazy design, dramatically and needlessly raising combat performance, seemingly just to give some purpose to shallow grind loops... It also introduce just yet more paper-scissors-stone outfitting IMHO, which also is a negative for PvP (& PvE) IMHO.

Honestly 20-30 minutes of jousting isn't interesting to watch. I saw one of the matches in the last PvP League not that long ago (I believe it was in the finals I randomly found it on Twitch) and it wasn't interesting to watch at all (from the perspective of someone who didn't take part) - I think about 60-70 people were watching the finals (can't tell for sure). I don't even remember who played or who won... Now imagine matches between even less experienced players.. hell.. I would rather watch an episode of some Argentinian telenovela for 60 minutes than a PvP match between some randoms.

Just my 2p
Man after my own heart.

I've not played CQC nearly as much as I'd like to but every time I did play it I felt it represented the best Elite could offer for PVP. Almost reminds me of what pvp used to be like before engineers.

I'm hoping FPS doesn't go the same bullet sponge way.

Top Bottom