The Community

So what you're essentially saying is delay the PC version because of the console versions. How does it go? Misery loves company?

The fracturing the community part, that's some bottom-tier gaslighting as well. Just threaten to uninstall like everyone else.

So what you're essentially saying is delay the PC version because of the console versions. How does it go? Misery loves company?

The fracturing the community part, that's some bottom-tier gaslighting as well. Just threaten to uninstall like everyone else.

No. Releasing a beta period on PC in-line with the currently communicated release date, and not switching on live service until all platforms are onboard for the update, is absolutely the best way forward for everyone... in my opinion.

Regardless of whether we are important or not is irrelevant. It is just that if the game is ready on 1 platform but not another it makes zero sense to delay on the one it is ready for.... Esp is they are not getting any sweet Sony or MS money to do it.
If it were not a shared universe I would agree, however this is not the case.

How much bgs will be affected by on foot gameplay? How many worlds will be tagged in our absence?

At least when gta5 came out on different platforms at different times no one had to share the same sandbox, already dirtied up by everyone else already playing in it.

If they want to keep us separated they should separate the cross-platform bgs and tags.

I'm actually starting to think FDev wants us fighting amongst ourselves so we aren't point the finger at them

This sounds like a good old fashion case of "if i cant have it, NOBODY CAN!" stop eating sour grapes OP. The business case for what they decided has taken far more into consideration than your thinly veiled entitlement feelings.

No. Releasing a beta period on PC in-line with the currently communicated release date, and not switching on live service until all platforms are onboard for the update, is absolutely the best way forward for everyone... in my opinion.

There's already no cross platform play so it makes no difference. Just have self control and do something other than watching Odyssey streams.

I still don't understand how you can say that an not mean a delay on release of the DLC for the PC. Look I know you don't want to actually say "dagnammit FD, hold off releasing the PC version of the DLC until both versions for the consoles are ready, then release all three together" because that is just silly and will result in a lot of players being really really (second one added for emphasis) upset with the person who suggested it.

I still don't understand how you can say that an not mean a delay on release of the DLC for the PC. Look I know you don't want to actually say "dagnammit FD, hold off releasing the PC version of the DLC until both versions for the consoles are ready, then release all three together" because that is just silly and will result in a lot of players being really really (second one added for emphasis) upset with the person who suggested it.

Releasing a beta period on PC in-line with the currently communicated release date, and not switching on live service until all platforms are onboard for the update, is absolutely the best way forward... in my opinion.

You're free to disagree, that's fine. People can have opinions that differ. Wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed?

Releasing a beta period on PC in-line with the currently communicated release date, and not switching on live service until all platforms are onboard for the update, is absolutely the best way forward... in my opinion.

You're free to disagree, that's fine. People can have opinions that differ. Wouldn't life be boring if everyone agreed?
So you are talking about a delay then :D

I don't like idea. As I didn't order "alpha".

Well you would still be able to purchase and play Odyssey in-line with the communicated timeframes. So... no.
So just what are you asking for then? Either FD releases the PC version of the DLC as advertised or it is DELAYED and released with the console version. Extending any Alpha or Beta periods is exactly the same as delaying the release of the final version.

But as a beta and presumably it would need to be limited in what it shows so as not to spoil future storylines.

It's a delay in all but name now just own it.
Don't forget that both the Alpha and Beta versions don't play in normal playspace. If you remember with last beta's FD take a snapshot of the active server and we play the beta on a copy of server, not the live server. So anything that is done in Beta doesn't transfer over to the live server.

Don't forget that both the Alpha and Beta versions don't play in normal playspace. If you remember with last beta's FD take a snapshot of the active server and we play the beta on a copy of server, not the live server. So anything that is done in Beta doesn't transfer over to the live server.

Indeed you wont make any progression in 6+ months of beta testing and by the time it comes out official you will be so burned out that all those poor forgotten console commanders will land on every single planet first and get the much desired first walked on tag.

Then they should offer us something in recompense since we are not able to preorder and get the pioneers suit, we weren't able to preorder and get the Cobra 4, we will NEVER have VR. Maybe it's just a little bit here and there but it adds up and we're getting sick of it. Maybe a Playstation exclusive crappy small or medium ship would help to satiate us😉

Last edited:
Then they should offer us something in recompense since we are not able to preorder and get the pioneers suit, we weren't able to preorder and get the Cobra 4, we will NEVER have VR. Maybe it's just a little bit here and there but it adds up and we're getting sick of it. Maybe a Playstation exclusive crappy small or medium ship would help to satiate us😉
I dunno :) "The last of us" 1/2 I would play, but I don't have device, so don't care. I think you have that option too - play PC or wait :D

I dunno :) "The last of us" 1/2 I would play, but I don't have device, so don't care. I think you have that option too - play PC or wait :D
if all my progress would transfer I would. As it isthough, I'd stop playing before I'd ever consider starting over.

Its not about the wait. I can't express this enough because none of you seem to get it. It's about 6 months of missed opportunity for being first in anything there is to discover on top of all the exclusives that PS will never be a part of.

@boppa_ There is no point pleading this here. you need to take it to the elitePS reddit. To much PCMR entitled shadiness for anything that will ever resemble unity in this community.

Top Bottom