Unlock Cobra MK4 for folks who preorder Odyssey

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I really hope someone has a brain spasm and takes FD to court over not having the CM4. Just thing what they will win (if they win that is and that is a really really BIG IF). They get a a few bytes of data representing a ship that even those who have them don't fly them. Sure they can sit and beat their umm chests (few, cleaned that lol) that they won an internet argument but once they get the legal bill they might not be smiling much at all.

But please someone try it, you can use it as a test case for the inevitable tantrum when someone realises that those who pre-ordered Odyssey got a kewl suit that they can't get. Oh the outrage that one will bring.

Not really seeing any incentive for FDev to change the CIV's availability here. Seems like a lose/lose situation where inaction is the path of least resistance.

Because no money was exchanged for the CG therefore it's NOT a legal contract. If you sell someone something for MONEY and tell them only so many will be sold as part of that contract, then go and sell them or give them to everyone after the fact this is a breach of contract because MONEY was involved. One side of a legal agreement can't just change the contract to their benefit, it stops companies doing things like increasing the price of a car and charging you more after you sign the contract.
Are you sure? MacOS users had total access to the game removed without any suggestion that legal action could be invoked.

Frankly, this is the main role of the Cobra IV, to provide a subject for a bit of argy-bargy on the forum.

If fdev had wanted to unlock the CM4 then the time was when they removed Horizons "CM4 was exclusive for Horizons pre-orders, and now Horizons has gone we're letting everyone have it!". They didn't, so they probably won't. Ever. Unless they do. Typical fdev :ROFLMAO:

If FDev cave and give me a Cobra IV I don’t even want it’ll be like that U2 album forced onto my iTunes against my will, I’ve still never forgiven Bono and Apple (the axis of evil if ever there was one!) for that.
Fdev recently showed they can do exploration CGs only looking for certain planets - maybe they'll do a Trade CG that only counts in a CM4 when they unlock it for all. Or if they want to be extra cruel they can make it a BH CG 😈

If FDev cave and give me a Cobra IV I don’t even want it’ll be like that U2 album forced onto my iTunes against my will, I’ve still never forgiven Bono and Apple (the axis of evil if ever there was one!) for that.
You're quite safe, you're given the opportunity to get one.

I think the U2 album was subsequently removed by the evil axis. Did you discover a better music service or is it a case of you still haven't found what you're looking for?

Last edited:
Although I'm not fussed (and preferred it was done for charity, as with Special Effect livestreams) many would literally melt in anger if it was made available again.
Yes having a limited number available for sale as a charity event could be a great way to shut some of these requesters up.

Congratulations you are a better person than many.
And bottom of the pile come those who have access to the Cobra IV, but don't really want it.

The CIV was bottom of the list of inducements that made me put in way more money than was necessary

No Elite Dangerous unless we hit the (apparently completely arbitrary) sum of £1.25m.
No macOS version unless we hit £1.5m (I think).

This MK4 Thread s are always like....

unnamed.jpg

This Ship isn't worth all the tension here...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom