ANNOUNCEMENT Game Balancing Pt.3

Indeed most MMO act like this

Hmm. Crazy. I did play Dungeons and Dragons online back in like 2008 with an ex-girlfriend. Fun as hell! Loved that game, and never did the DEV NERF anything. Actually, all they ever did was add newer areas and improve the game. Added better weapons, new mission locations, etc. Never, not once, did they remove anything that was not a BUG.

Wow, had no idea D&D was still around, but it is. Dungeons and Dragons Online. Think I might jump back in and see if they are now into the "Rebalancing Act"

Last edited:
WHY do they keep messing with this game? I feel like ED is still some sort of Early Access game.
Because some things could be too good, so it needs nerf. Stop with "buff everything, 0 nerfs, I must have billions in week" madness. I'm sure, that you wouldn't complain after any core buff. Why? They shouldn't change anything. So no buffs too ;)
Do you want game, where no things will be changed? Go to full offline games, of course pick games, which NO require internet connection :)
Long range missions just looks like "we had it since first days, but we don't buff it, we don't care, that other stuff was buffed after years"
PS:Yes, most MMO's act like this. Deal with it.

Because some things could be too good, so it needs nerf. Stop with "buff everything, 0 nerfs, I must have billions in week" madness. I'm sure, that you wouldn't complain after any core buff. Why? They shouldn't change anything. So no buffs too ;)
Agreed. It drives me mad when people want everything in the entire game buffed when ONE THING is OP. That is absolute bad balancing decision to buff everything up to the ONE overpowered thing in the game and if people think that's ok then they aren't intelligent.

Do you want game, where no things will be changed? Go to full offline games, of course pick games, which NO require internet connection :)
Long range missions just looks like "we had it since first days, but we don't buff it, we don't care, that other stuff was buffed after years"
PS:Yes, most MMO's act like this. Deal with it.

Just in case I read that language correctly, and I assume English might not be your first? I am not asking for anything to be "Buffed", just left alone and stop nerfing things. I've never used the word "Buffed" and never even heard the word "Nerf" used in a game until ED. Just use common sense, how hard can this be?

Just in case I read that language correctly, and I assume English might not be your first? I am not asking for anything to be "Buffed", just left alone and stop nerfing things. I've never used the word "Buffed" and never even heard the word "Nerf" used in a game until ED. Just use common sense, how hard can this be?
Any person looking at it from a point of reason could obviously see that mining made way too much money. You could afford a fully combat rigged Cutter without discounts in a day before and that's over 1 billion credits. Like people complain now but back in the day it took months of work to even afford the big ships let alone outfit them. Where we're at now is a good balance I think. Maybe bump up combat payouts another percentage point cause that still feels underwhelming in profit compared to lasering rocks for a hour.

Any person looking at it from a point of reason could obviously see that mining made way too much money. You could afford a fully combat rigged Cutter without discounts in a day before and that's over 1 billion credits. Like people complain now but back in the day it took months of work to even afford the big ships let alone outfit them. Where we're at now is a good balance I think. Maybe bump up combat payouts another percentage point cause that still feels underwhelming in profit compared to lasering rocks for a hour.
I guess my point is who cares? It took me weeks of grinding VO to afford my Cutter, before the nerf. I guess I could have just really cranked out the VO to get the Cutter but man, that was still a lot of work. My Cutter is over $1B, and would be insane trying to grind one now. This is a game, can't we just make it fun? Does it need to be such a pain? And let's not even talk about ENG that Cutter. That was another insane grind. I guess that's why it's called "Elite" 😀 Plus, I hate the Cutter. Vette is way better, IMO.

I guess my point is who cares? It took me weeks of grinding VO to afford my Cutter, before the nerf. I guess I could have just really cranked out the VO to get the Cutter but man, that was still a lot of work. My Cutter is over $1B, and would be insane trying to grind one now. This is a game, can't we just make it fun? Does it need to be such a pain? And let's not even talk about ENG that Cutter. That was another insane grind. I guess that's why it's called "Elite" 😀 Plus, I hate the Cutter. Vette is way better, IMO.
vette is not better in everything than cutter BUT As for the pve fight, the vette is definitely the best! The most flexible ship in combat builds. But as for pvp, medium ships have absolute power there ... not all, but quite a lot. There are exceptions though .... courier or vulture ....
And yes, before the nerf, my cutter cost 600 mults if I'm not mistaken. Now this is a 750 weight truck

vette is not better in everything than cutter BUT As for the pve fight, the vette is definitely the best! The most flexible ship in combat builds. But as for pvp, medium ships have absolute power there ... not all, but quite a lot. There are exceptions though .... courier or vulture ....
And yes, before the nerf, my cutter cost 600 mults if I'm not mistaken. Now this is a 750 weight truck
Sorry, just meant that, IMO, the Vette is the PvE ship, for pure slaughter purposes, plus, the thing just soaks up fire and spits it back out! IMO, the best PvP ship(s) would be the FDL and, if you're a really good combat pilot (which I am not, the Krait MK. I've yet to find much use for my Cutter, but it's only about 75% "finished" (is a ship every really finished?) Ha! I thought I was going to use the Cutter for PvE Combat, maybe CZ stuff, but man, the Vette! Love it! Can't say enough good things about it! I have a feeling, my $1B Cutter, and still growing $$$ pit, is probably going to end up a very expensive mining ship. I did discover that the Clipper is not too shabby at PvE Assassination Missions. I took a mission the other day and decided to give the Clipper a shot (literally) and found myself facing a "Pirate Lord" in a Vette and put a serious KABOOM on him. He tried to flee and I was able to jump after him and pull him out of SC (freakin' 12,000 Ls away!) and finish him off. I kind of like the Clipper now 😁 The next ship I want to put through it's paces is my Anaconda. I've been lazy and using it for module storage, but I bet it's a pretty good PvE ship too! MY personal, all around Daily Driver ship is the Krait MKII, with the Python just about equal, however, the Python is a bit slower, but I love it! Didn't think I would cause I don't like sitting off-center (FDL!) but, in the Python you really don't get that off-center feeling that badly. Lastly, I would just say...the Mamba is a pretty good ship, PvP wise, but man... I wish I could just RIP OFF those stupid front end protrusions things! Who the heck thought those would be a good look, from the inside?!!! 😖

Last edited:
Sorry, just meant that, IMO, the Vette is the PvE ship, for pure slaughter purposes, plus, the thing just soaks up fire and spits it back out! IMO, the best PvP ship(s) would be the FDL and, if you're a really good combat pilot (which I am not, the Krait MK. I've yet to find much use for my Cutter, but it's only about 75% "finished" (is a ship every really finished?) Ha! I thought I was going to use the Cutter for PvE Combat, maybe CZ stuff, but man, the Vette! Love it! Can't say enough good things about it! I have a feeling, my $1B Cutter, and still growing $$$ pit, is probably going to end up a very expensive mining ship. I did discover that the Clipper is not too shabby at PvE Assassination Missions. I took a mission the other day and decided to give the Clipper a shot (literally) and found myself facing a "Pirate Lord" in a Vette and put a serious KABOOM on him. He tried to flee and I was able to jump after him and pull him out of SC (freakin' 12,000 Ls away!) and finish him off. I kind of like the Clipper now 😁 The next ship I want to put through it's paces is my Anaconda. I've been lazy and using it for module storage, but I bet it's a pretty good PvE ship too! MY personal, all around Daily Driver ship is the Krait MKII, with the Python just about equal, however, the Python is a bit slower, but I love it! Didn't think I would cause I don't like sitting off-center (FDL!) but, in the Python you really don't get that off-center feeling that badly. Lastly, I would just say...the Mamba is a pretty good ship, PvP wise, but man... I wish I could just RIP OFF those stupid front end protrusions things! Who the heck thought those would be a good look, from the inside?!!! 😖
the key to pvp: any ship with sufficient weapons and the correct engineered assembly and 3-4 lines of maneuverability. The vaunted FDL and mamba have maneuverability and speed, but as soon as they start to lose their shield, they immediately start to run away with all their might ... I am frankly for hula tanking ... there is more variability .... there are many undervalued ships! But huge slots do not have much advantage. 1 huge 4 medium or 1 huge 2 medium 2 small hardpoints .... this is a mockery ... as for me why sit on engines with one huge barrel when an experienced guy just won't be on your shaving flights and will just turn around and shoot you down shields and push plasma into the bulkheads .... I mean that people have forgotten a little what the elite is, apparently ... We have 1 ship! An open game for everyone to fly on fdl or mamba ... this is not the elite, this is rubbish =)

Let me ask a reasonable, IMO, question here... they want to "balance" things, make mission payouts more inline with effort, if I understand this correctly, is always their claim. OK, so look at these missions in the screen shot I just took. WHO is going to travel 20,000 Lys or even 5000 Lys, for a paltry payout that you can make in any haz res zone in a combat ship within a few hours? Really, there's someone in such need of 45,000 million credits or 3 Biotech or 31 Gold, that they are actually going to travel for DAYS to get 20,000 Lys for this "Balanced Reward"?! Check that one mission... you have to travel nearly 23,000 Lys for $50M, and that's really 46,000 Lys, because you don't receive the reward until you return to the mission spawn location. What?! Who does these? I guess, I could see if you were headed that way, maybe have a Fleet Carrier, or just know of some fast travel wormhole... Come on! You want "Balanced" missions? Then how about making a 46,000 Ly round trip worth say $5B? Should that trip not, at least, be worth a few Billion credits?

View attachment 205112
Take a few of these, add the remainder of the 20 'jobs' as Colonia Courier missions, use the Neutron highway (if you must) to get there in just a few hours, or take it wasy and spend the time to jump without boosts...

Pick up between 100-300 million in exploration data payout each way, plus job payouts... Easy money.

I've taken 20 courier missions to Colonia frequently (and deliberately) - apart from the mats from the contract killers, always good - it is a fun trip... but, of course, not to everyone's idea of fun.

the key to pvp: any ship with sufficient weapons and the correct engineered assembly and 3-4 lines of maneuverability. The vaunted FDL and mamba have maneuverability and speed, but as soon as they start to lose their shield, they immediately start to run away with all their might ... I am frankly for hula tanking ... there is more variability .... there are many undervalued ships! But huge slots do not have much advantage. 1 huge 4 medium or 1 huge 2 medium 2 small hardpoints .... this is a mockery ... as for me why sit on engines with one huge barrel when an experienced guy just won't be on your shaving flights and will just turn around and shoot you down shields and push plasma into the bulkheads .... I mean that people have forgotten a little what the elite is, apparently ... We have 1 ship! An open game for everyone to fly on fdl or mamba ... this is not the elite, this is rubbish =)
That's why I prefer a well built Krait MKII or Python for PvP. They are just better rounded ships. Although, I do have a pretty hardened FDL. I might not be the best one to use it in Combat though, but in the right hands, it can be pretty devastating. I am not one to use SCB and heatsinks, I like to just "Tank" my ships, and make them has tough as possible. They call it an "amature" build I think, but I can't be bothered with trying to know when to fire SCB and Heatsinks and all that. I am just not that experienced in PvP. I do my best to get well rounded resistances and as much shield Mjs and hull as possible and hope for the best. As far as weapons... the standard, Advanced PA's and Hammers for me, although right now, my FDL has 1 Huge PA, Efficient and Oversized, and the rest MC's with various EXP effects. If I could request ONE thing from DEV, it would be either a "seeker" PA or at least gimbled. I am the worst at fixed weapons! The Hammers though... nice! My "go to" weapons would be Imperial Hammers and Packhounds, with Beams close behind. But again, I am NO PvP Combat pilot by any stretch. Working on it but just can't seem to find fights. I fly around Deciat and SD and nothing. I've even egged on ships that look to be gankers and nothing. I remember being in Deciat, in my Vette, with some dude in a Cutter checking me out and I message him and say "What are you looking at? Move along before you get hurt!" He had a ship with some girly name, there was something about the name of his ship, and I told him I should kill him for just naming his ship that... and he high waked out. WT? I am not the type to start pulling people out of SC for a fight, however, I just recently learned that "ENEMY" tagged ships are fair game... so, I might start being a little more aggressive ;) I have enough credits to burn through some rebuy screens. Only way to get better is by fighting, and maybe dying a few dozen times, until one day I am NOT the one that dies. Ha!

Take a few of these, add the remainder of the 20 'jobs' as Colonia Courier missions, use the Neutron highway (if you must) to get there in just a few hours, or take it wasy and spend the time to jump without boosts...

Pick up between 100-300 million in exploration data payout each way, plus job payouts... Easy money.

I've taken 20 courier missions to Colonia frequently (and deliberately) - apart from the mats from the contract killers, always good - it is a fun trip... but, of course, not to everyone's idea of fun.
I'd love to visit Colonia. Do you know of a mission giving location that has a bunch of Colonia bound missions? I'd do those! :)

I'd love to visit Colonia. Do you know of a mission giving location that has a bunch of Colonia bound missions? I'd do those! :)
I pick mine up from Coats Terminal in Buzhang Ku (but gather most Tourist Economy Stations may)
Allied with most factions will get best pay, but: Up to 3.8 mill for a single Courier mission, one way passenger missions are tat (IMO) but 'return trips' less common but normally well paid (relatively). Remember that carrying passengers means heavy cabins so massive jump ranges go out of the window!

NS boosts are possible from around 4KLy from the bubble, remember to pack an AFMU for FSD repairs. Fit a scanner and SRV bay and get off of the plane (go up or down by a few 100's LY) and from around 5KLy out you should be hitting lots of first discovered too!

I pick mine up from Coats Terminal in Buzhang Ku (but gather most Tourist Economy Stations may)
Allied with most factions will get best pay, but: Up to 3.8 mill for a single Courier mission, one way passenger missions are tat (IMO) but 'return trips' less common but normally well paid (relatively). Remember that carrying passengers means heavy cabins so massive jump ranges go out of the window!

Could these missions work with fleet carrier while doing Colonia / exploration run?

Would it cover even the fraction of the fuel costs of a carrier?

(especially with multiple alts onboard of a carrier)

Could these missions work with fleet carrier while doing Colonia / exploration run?

Would it cover even the fraction of the fuel costs of a carrier?
I think so (being careful as I've never tried to!) as long as they arrive within a week, and are not on the FC owner account as transferring Tritium along the way might get tedious at 16/32t a pop :)

Stack enough return trips and it could come close to paying for Tritium but I'd be tempted to say only in part.

Ok, I agree. They shouldn't mess with economy, no changes, this is full product, not alpha or early access.
So we should back to times, where few thousand credits were crazy money from exploration, to times without hundreds millions from nearly all possivle activity (be honest, reach 100m or much more is possible with trade, with mining, with combat, only 1 thing cannot reach 100m in hour-exploration (no, ceos-sothis isn't exploration :p )

Ok, I agree. They shouldn't mess with economy, no changes, this is full product, not alpha or early access.
So we should back to times, where few thousand credits were crazy money from exploration, to times without hundreds millions from nearly all possivle activity (be honest, reach 100m or much more is possible with trade, with mining, with combat, only 1 thing cannot reach 100m in hour-exploration (no, ceos-sothis isn't exploration :p )
Elite Dangerous Classic game mod should be introduced especially for you. In which you will conquer space on a sidewinder, you will be killed with one sneeze, where the conda will seem like something supernatural. And the rest will continue to explore, fight, trade under normal conditions.

Fairy tales.

Top Bottom