Lost it all

I like to sit by the nav beacon in shinrarta dezra with my fully engineered anaconda and fighter crew and accidently must have hit a good guy no problem i got blown up and ended up at a penal station but when i did the buy my ship back page i misunderstood something and ended up with not a weapon and most modules gone it took forever to get this stuff and its all gone. I honestly dont think i will be playing elite dangerous again!

Sorry to hear that but ED is complex and you really need to have your head screwed on and double check stuff if things go wrong and you end up in a situation like that.

I've wanted to slap myself around a few times over the years for some horrible stuff-ups but I lived and learned.

I'm onto my second Cmdr now having started from scratch after shelving Pingmonster on the PC.

But hey; it's still only a game. Have break and come back when the urge takes you.

Learn from your mistake, get over it, login again and begin engineering another combat ship ... a build even better than you had before !

i don't disagree with you, but when you check a button you should be forewarned that hitting that button will cause a not-so-happy result, and is that not what it's all about fun!!! besides, don't get old! I drive a mile up the road to work and realize I forgot my wallet turn around to go get it back on my way I go only to have to turn around because I forgot my phone! Don't get old!

i don't disagree with you, but when you check a button you should be forewarned that ......

specsaversS.jpg

;)

Don't use age as an excuse, I am 70 and many older than me on here. Shame to get into a hissy-fit over not reading what you were clicking. Don't you think that you are rather old for throwing toys from a pram.

Over a year now I've played. 2 ships I've lost of My own stupidity. Both at the letterbox. As a noob you learn the hard way and move on..or not as Op suggests.
Shame.
Since those 2 stupid losses I learned to fly and fight and engineer ships to survive interdictions and others to pve pvp etc. Only 1 ship lost In all that combat. There's a reasoning to that. I'm careful. Mindful of rebuys and insurance and so on so forth.
Git gud

i don't disagree with you, but when you check a button you should be forewarned that hitting that button will cause a not-so-happy result, and is that not what it's all about fun!!! besides, don't get old! I drive a mile up the road to work and realize I forgot my wallet turn around to go get it back on my way I go only to have to turn around because I forgot my phone! Don't get old!
Skipping a rebuy should be like quitting Facebook - not easy, but doable if you really want to.

thats bad dude. i also made a mistake once, and during ship switching sold my engineered conda.... thats bad.

some buttons in this game are more dangerous than PVP Players. like dying in D&D without a saving throw.

but it helps not: ship and money are gone. rest of your archievements are still there.
i one invested all my money in ships an blown myself up to restart from scratch in a sidey, but with all ranks and rep i gatherd. like new save with benefits.

just do it.

I am also 62 and can understand. Just be honest with yourself that you messed up. Take a break, get some perspective and come back when you feel it. You can recover.. sometimes that is half the fun.

Top Bottom