Game Discussions The Rise and Fall of RollerCoaster Tycoon

This video shows us what happened to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise from how it went to being a beloved tycoon game franchise to an unloved series that still continues to limp forward this day.
Frontier, if you see this, please buy out the rights to RCT after Atari finishes their ownership of the IP.

Last edited:
I know Frontier has Planet Coaster, but once Atari finishes their ownership of the RollerCoaster Tycoon IP, then Frontier can buy it out and make the next RCT games in a similar style to Planco.

I know Frontier has Planet Coaster, but once Atari finishes their ownership of the RollerCoaster Tycoon IP, then Frontier can buy it out and make the next RCT games in a similar style to Planco.

But for what purpose? It's only a name. One they don't own, and as you point out, is pretty mediocre / tarnished these days.

In all important respects, Planet Coaster is RCT4.

Then what company can buy out the RollerCoaster Tycoon IP once Atari finishes their ownership of it? I think a company that already has experience making good theme park games (apart from Frontier) can buy it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom