Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

@Ian Skippy - i think you just need to chill. We are here chewing the fat and taking the mickey out of CIG and its true believers.

We do it here because a) we are here anyway (most of us) as players of FD's games and therefore already members of this forum, b) it is a place where the mods will shut down any of the faithful (or skpetics) that try start flinging around insults just because you said something bad about their favourite space game (as opposed to the reddit sub where fans as insult skeptics with gay abandon but if a skeptic insults one of the faithful its an insta ban), c) unless you gave CIG money you can't post on Spectrum (and the mods there will happily ban anyone saying bad things about SC or CIG as well).

If someone takes a bullhorn and screams in public on the sidewalk, it is OK to comment on them.
I do not think it's a funny situation at all. These people often spend their livelihood on these cults and cut themselves off families and friends to pursue their worship outside of any contradiction or criticism. By pointing fingers like that you contribute to that effect - do they deserve it, that's not for us to judge. (and that goes for ANY cult - they tend to really mess up people minds, more than one might think).
That "cult deprogrammer" that was interviewed in the video i posted before told he's got about a 70% success rate, and that's with going for a radical intervention involving family & friends for several days. That means 30% of them are true believers and will never get back to reality no matter what, but also 70% of them had their mind temporarily clouded by the cult propaganda (and never under estimate the tools at their disposal..) but got back to our reality.
Again, we can point out the sad mind state of those subreddit members who contribute to the "dream" everyday by posting "dreams.jpg" (or ".txt", w/e) but I dont think it's of any interest as it's a well known situation by now and there's nothing new on this front - and Bootcha covered it entirely in his video series.
And yes if you go into their little comfort area and expose yourself as a skeptic, they'll perceive you as "the enemy" - that's precisely how cults work.

If someone takes a bullhorn and screams in public on the sidewalk, it is OK to comment on them.

You probably spend more time than I do watching SC streams. Do you ever comment in them? Participate in chat?

To my knowledge, I've never seen you active chatting in a stream, but I'd bet you've seen me in a twitch stream chat.

You probably spend more time than I do watching SC streams. Do you ever comment in them? Participate in chat?

To my knowledge, I've never seen you active chatting in a stream, but I'd bet you've seen me in a twitch stream chat.

Why is that relevant to what he is saying?

But to answer the question for myself, i rarely watch streams in general. Once in a blue moon, even ED streams.

However, i do comment on videos.

At this point i'd like to give a shout out to DG360. His style at times is a bit offputting (a bit loud/brash), but I can comment on his videos and when he disagrees with me he does so politely, clearly stating his opinion, and if he agrees he will say so as well. He's not a blind fanboy although he is hopeful, while having some concerns. He also used to be a fan of ED (and still has hopes that one day ED will make the game he wants - although i've also discussed that with him before and have agreed it is unlikely, he's a bit like you, wants a more PvP oriented game, more player on player interaction. He thinks SC will give him this).

Why is that relevant to what he is saying?

But to answer the question for myself, i rarely watch streams in general. Once in a blue moon, even ED streams.

However, i do comment on videos.

At this point i'd like to give a shout out to DG360. His style at times is a bit offputting (a bit loud/brash), but I can comment on his videos and when he disagrees with me he does so politely, clearly stating his opinion, and if he agrees he will say so as well. He's not a blind fanboy although he is hopeful, while having some concerns. He also used to be a fan of ED (and still has hopes that one day ED will make the game he wants - although i've also discussed that with him before and have agreed it is unlikely, he's a bit like you, wants a more PvP oriented game, more player on player interaction. He thinks SC will give him this).

Ian is making the point that it is sad to talk smack about someone behind their back. ECity counters that they stream and are putting themself out in public.

Why not comment directly to the person instead of behind their back?

Ian is making the point that it is sad to talk smack about someone behind their back. ECity counters that they stream and are putting themself out in public.

Why not comment directly to the person instead of behind their back?

In my case, i have no interest in interacting with Jorunn. He's a lost cause. I'm sure he will continue to believe in Magic Roberts even if CIG shuts down and CR rides off into the sunset. He will probably try and start a Kickstarter campaign to get access to the source code and assets and then he will make the SC that everyone wants!

Also, as noted, i'm not on twitter and have no desire to sign up for it.

I used to directly engage with people over on /r/sc, but the constant insults (that moderators did nothing about) when offering criticism got stale. Very few were willing to have a polite vigorous debate on topics. Mostly it was just "you don't understand game development you hater Derek Smart alt account" and then went downhill from there.

More funny stuff

3vag62f7cwe61.png

You see, we were all just confused when Sean Tracy said it was coming in 6 months. He didn't really mean it was coming in 6 months!

Anyway, looking to see the leaked videos from Evo on the new updated version of ToW.

In my case, i have no interest in interacting with Jorunn. He's a lost cause. I'm sure he will continue to believe in Magic Roberts even if CIG shuts down and CR rides off into the sunset. He will probably try and start a Kickstarter campaign to get access to the source code and assets and then he will make the SC that everyone wants!

Also, as noted, i'm not on twitter and have no desire to sign up for it.

I used to directly engage with people over on /r/sc, but the constant insults (that moderators did nothing about) when offering criticism got stale. Very few were willing to have a polite vigorous debate on topics. Mostly it was just "you don't understand game development you hater Derek Smart alt account" and then went downhill from there.

Isnt that kinda the point?

You have no interest in interacting with Jorunn. You have no interest in using Twitter.

But you are into linking to Twitter with a tweet by Jorunn.

There are more snowflakes in my oven than there are Sandwurmies in Star Citizen.
Hey! You take that back, FUDster! The worm was not a joke!
Also, did someone mentioned a snowflake?
1612248764557.png

Wait, that's not the quote I was looking for. Here is the one:
1612248823041.png

I'm pretty sure those snowflakes you put into oven are screamin on top of their lungs. But they don't have a mouth.

You see, we were all just confused when Sean Tracy said it was coming in 6 months. He didn't really mean it was coming in 6 months!
Oh, I haven't realized that CitizenCon is just for Evocati to attend. Totally makes sense though! Kudos to CI-G for taking less than two years to clarify.
1612249400368.png

1) Jorunn is not a CIG employee.
2) You are not 'correcting misinformation', you guys are mocking a dude in your own safe little echo chamber where everyone already is on the same page. If Agony or any of you wanted to correct anything, you'd respond to him on Twitter.

There is no true intention of actually improving anything here, or doing anything constructive whatsoever (apart from our friendly The Agent, who I believe actually wants to make an effort). This is just Schadenfreude at the expense of other people who truly do not deserve that. At least just own up to that and drop the Holy Crusader act.

Here's the thing: We legitimately don't know what's grass-roots hype and what's astro-turfing, because CIG has engaged in this cross-community marketing scheming well before now. Pixel Lemonade posted a glowing review of SC alpha 2.6. Who the is Pixel Lemonade? Legitimately no-one knows, prior or since. Hey remember INN? That group of fans that was super hyped about the game that we found out that was being funded by a shell entity of CIG directly into the pocket of the INN director, and the only reason we found out about it was because the rest of INN went on strike in protest because they weren't getting paid? Or perhaps let's talk about the totally organic rise of Rexzilla the Star Citizen streamer and his ZDF that were doing cosplay livestream events of gameplay, all while he loudly proclaimed that Star Citizen was a legitimate game and that "he go all in" on the game, only to suddenly drop off the map and find himself going back to Battlefield streaming on Facebook gaming?

Or let's talk less innocuous events, like the Newsweek article on the minelayer before backers knew. Or all the ing "leaks" to Hater115 as part of a cultivated soap opera magazine weekly.

I'm sorry, but at this point, who can I rule out as a paid influencer? Because CIG has pretty much paid someone in every aspect to shill for this project.

The word "random" is doing a lot of work here. He is co-host of The Yacht Club show, where he identifies on the website that his rank is Wing Commander, meaning he has spent $10,000 on Star Citizen.

The Yacht Club
So did I initially... although most here tend to just ignore that fact when it suits them...or do I just get a pass because I refunded the Wing Commander account?

Anyway, like I said...ignore Jorunn, even other concierge backers just turn a deaf ear when he appears in concierge chat. It's not that I don't like the guy or anything, he's actually quite a nice chap. I've met him in game a few times, even spent some time chatting when I wasn't melting his friends with my mining laser, I genuinely like him...but his faith in Chris Roberts and Star Citizen is not only misguided...it's also endless :D

Last edited:
I regularly come across interesting, funny, ridiculous or facepalm-grade stuff on the web. When I show some of these to my wife, we generally have a laugh/chat about it together. I can't remember a single instance of her telling me "WHY ARE YOU SHOWING ME THIS? YOU SHOULD BE TELLING WHAT YOU TOLD ME TO THE AUTHOR INSTEAD OF LAUGHING AT THEM BEHIND THEIR BACK!". If that makes us horrible people, it's cool, I can deal with it.

This thread isn't marriage (although it does feel at times like watching my kids), but I like to think of it - and to a lesser extent the whole "General Gaming" subsection of these forums - as one of my many small social circles. I don't think anyone here believes they will change anyone else's mind, it's just a bunch of people sharing what they find interesting/pretty/funny/ridiculous with friends for a chat/laugh together. Personally, I enjoy that. And while I do laugh at them, I'm not going to e-mail CR, Jorunn or Sovapid's victims to tell them what I think about their various statements.

Top Bottom