Open letter to FDEV

View attachment 209883

... is this our rep? 🤔 Could be... ;)
More like...
Nuclear-Bomb-Explosion-in-City.jpg

I think...

Well, in the case that I hypothesised, where someone was an original backer, where they have spent hours playing (by proxy helping to develop) the game, spent money on game extras, I suggest it has little to do with their opinion on a You Tuber and more to do with 'why am I not good enough to be told this information when I ask it?' but as someone who must face that phrase a lot, I can see why you might credit it with more weight than I believe it deserves.
The hypothetical person who played Elite for 7 years (including Alpha), has no connection at all to a YouTube channel that has spent years building up an audience. Two completely unrelated subjects.

Example: Why does Charlie Hall the article writer for Polygon get information from Frontier when he asks a question? It's certainly got no connection to how long he has actually played the game or whether or not he is a backer of the game. It's simply because Polygon has an audience.

A gaming YouTuber with a medium to large channel isn't a "journalist" regardless what they may think of themselves. But likewise they certainly aren't simply a "game player who has been elevated". YouTubers and companies realise this. Some community members do not. But that's fine, they are entitled to have feelings on that subject. Those feelings won't change the reality though.

'Why hasn't my Q been answered?' is different to 'Why has their Q been answered?' but some of the feelings get transferred to the wrong target and some 'middle' people arent the person the questioner wanted the answer from or through and makes them feel ignored personally, whereas same info through a Mod (CGs) or CM posting is perfectly fine.

We have had the AMA and they are coming back in a more organised format, you'll never have the DB one to one from KS days again, but they have tried and are trying.

OA is on this thread trying to engage and just getting bombarded, from my POV people can wear 2 hats, Id eventually just think 'Whats the point' and not bother myself as well. Wouldnt you?

The hypothetical person who played Elite for 7 years (including Alpha), has no connection at all to a YouTube channel that has spent years building up an audience. Two completely unrelated subjects.
Yeah. I know.

I never said hypothetical player was right to feel aggrieved at the situation, I said that I can understand it. Understanding something does not mean you agree with it. I understand lots of stuff I don’t agree with. It’s also not about his relationship with the You Tuber was my point, it’s about his relationship with Frontier.

I also understand that anyone with an audience will have an elevated position when it comes to dealing with companies. I know why, I also have a worthless opinion about it.

The conversation I was originally responding to, was that about CCs getting a hard time on forums. I understand what creates some of that animosity. Again, I don’t say it is the correct way to behave but I have some understanding of what generates it.

Yeah. I know.

I never said hypothetical player was right to feel aggrieved at the situation, I said that I can understand it. Understanding something does not mean you agree with it. I understand lots of stuff I don’t agree with. It’s also not about his relationship with the You Tuber was my point, it’s about his relationship with Frontier.

I also understand that anyone with an audience will have an elevated position when it comes to dealing with companies. I know why, I also have a worthless opinion about it.

The conversation I was originally responding to, was that about CCs getting a hard time on forums. I understand what creates some of that animosity. Again, I don’t say it is the correct way to behave but I have some understanding of what generates it.
Oh I totally understand the animosity. Although I don't always agree with the way it's expressed. But that's just me. :D

I have one beef with ED content creators, or at least the top dogs who got a golden ticket a while back for the grand tour of FDev.

That was Willy Wonka 101 and they all failed miserably. An audition and a Braben cry for a way out wrapped into one.

If one of them had passed the undoubtably sly and well hidden tests of character, they could have separated from the chaff and watched Braben fly away in a spaceship leaving them as the only person passionate enough to move ED forward into the greatness it could achieve, but no. They all must have fallen to temptation and been weeded out one by one until dear David was forced to accept there was no successor to place the hopes and dreams of ED players around with world with.

Top Bottom