What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Finished the 1st habitat in my Alhambra zoo. It's meant to be for Golden jackals but I put dingos instead. It encompasses a "Carmen" (an old Granadinian villa) within the boundaries of the Alhambra fortress.
Looks great. Somehow the first Picture gave me a Idea for a medieval inspired Zoo. But I'm already working on so many Parks. Maybe I'll start once my Orangutan Breeding Center is more finished 🤔

I started building a green wall and enviro-roof zoo - ultra modern and sleek . . . With giant plant and sculpture towers spilling over with tropical foliage and a bluebell drift that will travel throughout the Zoo linking areas. Have only built the entrance course-way and amenities buildings so far.
20210219213953_1.jpg
20210219183925_1.jpg
20210219214246_1.jpg

Finished a Orangutan Enclosure, gave the other Orangutan Enclosure more Climbing Structures, started to build a Rhino Enclosure and got mad because for some Reason the Game laggs incredibly bad today (at least in that Park and it isn't even big so I shouldn't need to pause the Game just to change the Terrain like I want😑)

Does anyone know how I can fix it? It never lagged that bad before

Last edited:
Finished a Orangutan Enclosure, gave the other Orangutan Enclosure more Climbing Structures, started to build a Rhino Enclosure and got mad because for some Reason the Game laggs incredibly bad today (at least in that Park and it isn't even big so I shouldn't need to pause the Game just to change the Terrain like I want😑)

Does anyone know how I can fix it? It never lagged that bad before
Hmm, did you try group some things? Foliage, climbing structures etc. Some people say that might help.
Do you remember when it started to lag?

Hmm, did you try group some things? Foliage, climbing structures etc. Some people say that might help.
Do you remember when it started to lag?
I think this wouldn't solve the Issue because I have Parks with way more Plants and other Stuff. But I'll try if this helps if nothing else helps. It only started today. I think some Time after both Orangutans got into the second Enclosure. Maybe it has something to do with the special kind of Barrier I've used. I'll try if it stops to lagg if I remove the Orangutans from that Enclosure

Edit : OK, that's weird. It seems to be fixed now even though I didn't do anything so far. But for some Reason I've still had the Problem after reloading the Game for the first Time

Last edited:
Recently I started a new park. Today I wanted to start building the south america part of the zoo. The area is supposed to have a riverboat ride going around and trough multiple habitats. I had some problems with the boat tour (especially one was very stupid. I wanted to test the ride but the boats never moved. After searching the internet far and wide, I realised I had my game still paused 🤦‍♂️). Then I finished my first habitat for the giant otters. Problem now: they swim through the stones, escaping all the time. Can't work more on my zoo until this is fixed. 😕

Since I wasn't convinced with my Alpine ibex/Dall's sheep habitat because it was too flat, I decided to create a new habitat for them in other place nearby. It's maybe too big, but I wanted that people can also see them from the train on the backside.

20210221183937_1.jpg

I think I will modify the former habitat and put reindeer there. I guess that if Madrid and San Diego can have them outdoor despite their climate, then they will be fine in the Mediterranean area too.

Since I wasn't convinced with my Alpine ibex/Dall's sheep habitat because it was too flat, I decided to create a new habitat for them in other place nearby. It's maybe too big, but I wanted that people can also see them from the train on the backside.

View attachment 209520

I think I will modify the former habitat and put reindeer there. I guess that if Madrid and San Diego can have them outdoor despite their climate, then they will be fine in the Mediterranean area too.
I like the new Enclosure. Didn't know that Reindeer can survive in such warm Areas. Thanks for the Information

Today I created a summery mood with a winery.View attachment 209543
View attachment 209544
Looks really good. I do absolutely love the Buildings.

Today I've finished the Rhinoceros Enclosure in my Orangutan Breeding Center (yes, other Animals are also kept there even if they are not from Borneo. If not there would only be 2 Species) and a Rhino was born. It's so cute. It has light grey Skin. I wonder if there is a Albino or leucistic Variation or if that's the brightest Rhino someone can get

Got my zoo pretty much set up for the upcoming "Near Threatened" community challenge. African Buffalo, American Bison, Bongos, and Plains Zebras have two large canyons where they can play together, plus dedicated smaller habitats for each one. Discovered that the weeping willows match all four of their biomes and continents, so I had some fun creating canyons where they could all be housed together. Luckily, there's a very small cross over of terrain and plants (willows) that allows them all to get to 100% happiness. The jaguars obviously have to go separate so they don't eat the others, so I've been heavily decorating one square habitat, that I hope to be able to blueprint and repeat as they have kids. I'll probably include some gila monsters too, even though they cant be released for the challenge, just for completion and because I like them.

Had the Idea to build a historic Dodo Enclosure Decoration (maybe I will upload it to the Workshop) and this inspired me to try to create a Mammoth Statue. I've paused the Game for it and build it around the Body of a Elephant XD (thanks a lot for the dead Grass from the Australia Pack, Frontier)

Edit: my Mammoth only needs a few Details now. I'll finish it later

Last edited:
I removed the rocks, modified the terrain and added trees to give shadow for the reindeer. It's not the best habitat in the world, but it fills the gap. Luckily reindeer have a small space requirement :)

20210224190048_1.jpg

I removed the rocks, modified the terrain and added trees to give shadow for the reindeer. It's not the best habitat in the world, but it fills the gap. Luckily reindeer have a small space requirement :)

View attachment 210030
That looks perfect for some type of gazelle or antelope (because of the grass type).

Y'all are so talented. But, I have an exhibit for Otters I'm working on. The entrance to my South American section. Maybe I'll post it here if I ever finish it

Y'all are so talented. But, I have an exhibit for Otters I'm working on. The entrance to my South American section. Maybe I'll post it here if I ever finish it
Just be aware that they've given the unrealistic Need of 4m deep Water to be happy to the Giant Otter for some Reason 😟

Continued the Work on my Mammoth Statue. Just don't know if I can somehow get the Tusks more Mammoth like. I've used that long Branch from the Aquatic Pack Fake Tree Set. I think I will also make a second one in a different Pose and juvenile Versions. I think it would be nice to be able to add a little Sculpture Exhibition that looks like it is intended to be a real Mammoth Enclosure. Maybe I'll also use the Base I've created yesterday to create a Statue of a American Mastodon.
Feel free to tell me if there are any Ideas how to make the Tusks more Mammoth like

Edit: just finished the Mammoth. I will upload them to the Workshop once the juvenile Version is finished too (really hope it will be possible to create a Mammoth Calf😊)
Ok, sadly it doesn't seem to work due to the filigrane Trunk, so I will just upload the 2 Adult Mammoths

Last edited:
I worked on my brown bear habitat. It has a restaurant from which you can see the bears. It was difficult to make a good screenshot because there are many trees outside and many people inside the restaurant. I used the Himalayan brown bear and I still can't believe they put this subspecies instead of the Eurasian brown bear (which would have also covered Asia).

20210221185602_1.jpg

20210221184808_1.jpg

20210220175619_1.jpg

20210220175559_1.jpg

20210221184844_1.jpg

20210221185500_1.jpg

Top Bottom