Hey Frontier, Where Are The Doors/Ramps Into Our Ships?

If it's physical multicrew and teleport to hatch, not ground, can I stand at the door of a courier flying landing gear deployed, taking pot-shots at people down below?

The only ship I've not found a possible exit on is the Vulture - which does seem to indicate that the canopy is lifted away and the front drops (was suggested here in another thread a while back) to exit - which would be fascinating to see...

A few of the small ships have a drop flap at the back (Courier, as noted by @Morbad ) which I assume is the exit. With Odyssey due 'real soon' I've been investigating the 'way out' too :)

ETA: I've yet to find the exit on a Corvette...

Last edited:
The Python has a rather grand staircase out front as part of the landing gear.

AspX has one at the back but it's 20 to 30 feet off the ground. One small step becomes one giant leap.

Pretty obvious as to where the entrance / exit is on the Cobra and Krait. I think I know where the entrance ramp might be on the AspX and maybe on a few others. BUT it would be nice if they gave us a bunch of images of each and every ship and where the entrance will actually be. I'm still trying to figure out where it might be on the Imperial Courier.

Come on, FD, if you can't give us Odyssey for a while at least tease us with where our doors are.
The doors and ramps for all my iCutter's are on the front landing gear. My Beluga has got side doors like an airplane. Gotta check the rest of my fleet when I can be bothered.

But if there is no apparent door I can just imagine I got Star Trek Transporters on every ship with no doors.

Pretty obvious as to where the entrance / exit is on the Cobra and Krait. I think I know where the entrance ramp might be on the AspX and maybe on a few others. BUT it would be nice if they gave us a bunch of images of each and every ship and where the entrance will actually be. I'm still trying to figure out where it might be on the Imperial Courier.

Come on, FD, if you can't give us Odyssey for a while at least tease us with where our doors are.
All the doors are obvious usually front or back and maybe part of the landing gear.

It gets shady on the smaller ships though.
Pug

I'm quite sure being outside the ships will be through "telepresence", just like SRV and SLF. The space-legs addon for cmdrs who bought Odyssey will be a gigantic holo projector mounted on the ship.
And the next expansion after Odyssey might reveal even being inside your ships is also telepresence. We're all just a brains in a facility, and all sensory connections are simulated matrix-style. :ROFLMAO:

I'm quite sure being outside the ships will be through "telepresence", just like SRV and SLF. The space-legs addon for cmdrs who bought Odyssey will be a gigantic holo projector mounted on the ship.
And the next expansion after Odyssey might reveal even being inside your ships is also telepresence. We're all just a brains in a facility, and all sensory connections are simulated matrix-style. :ROFLMAO:
But only the SLF is telepresence, it is why it has a maximum range from your ship while the SRV doesn’t.

I'm still trying to figure out where it might be on the Imperial Courier.

ETA: I've yet to find the exit on a Corvette...

Ejector seats confirmed!

Makes me laugh people saying 'down the ladder', I fly a Cobra so Ill be descending down my majestic staircase not some common ladder. How many movies have you seen where the aliens land and immediately turn around and show their backside as they get down from the ship. None! Its all silent ramps and majestic ladders.

I want to see how they explain the abandoned settlements, half their doors are higher than the SRV and dont have ladders....Serene Harbour had metal staircases and walkways iirc noticed that, but the older ones, what vehicle or entry system are they using? Hover in jetpack?

But only the SLF is telepresence, it is why it has a maximum range from your ship while the SRV doesn’t.
When you die in the SRV the exact same happens as when you die in the SFL. You are presented a black screen and then magically you are back in the ship.
If you say when we're in the SRV we're not in telepresence, then the ship can land itself without any commanders. Why isn't this option available when we are inside the ship?

When you die in the SRV the exact same happens as when you die in the SFL. You are presented a black screen and then magically you are back in the ship.
If you say when we're in the SRV we're not in telepresence, then the ship can land itself without any commanders. Why isn't this option available when we are inside the ship?
Minus the rebuy screen that is what happens when your ship goes bang as well.
If the SRV is a telepresence thing why isn't it limited to 20 ish kilometers max distance from the ship and who flies the ship away and back while you are pretending you are in the SRV?

Why would the option be needed? When we are in the ship we are available to fly it.

Minus the rebuy screen that is what happens when your ship goes bang as well.
If the SRV is a telepresence thing why isn't it limited to 20 ish kilometers max distance from the ship and who flies the ship away and back while you are pretending you are in the SRV?

Why would the option be needed? When we are in the ship we are available to fly it.
Well your ship does take off when you go too far. It might hover 20km or something above the SRV?

To have the option, of course. If the ship's able to land itself, assuming SRV is not telepresence, why isn't that an option to us when we are inside it?

Top Bottom