-

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I’d replace the dolphin with the California sea lion, the killer whale with the Humboldt penguin, the beluga with a sea otter and the great white shark with the little blue penguin.

No thanks to the animals mentioned above.
Smaller aquaria fish are more than welcome.

Last edited:
As much as I love those animals (Dolphins are among my favorites [Commerson's Dolphin]), I would choose species typically found in zoos.

DarthQuell's Marine Pack

1. California Sea Lion
2. Green Sea Turtle
3. Harp Seal
4. Nurse Shark
5. Leafy Sea Dragon

Being honest, I would like to have these animals in the game too (except the white shark, it is not kept in captivity). I've been to several zoo/aquarium parks that have dolphins, so I'm kinda used to see them. However, I understand that it is a controversial issue, so if such a pack ever sees the light, I guess it would be towards the end of the life of the game, so that they don't lose many clients if it gets bad publicity.

I would love Dolphins and Whales. Just so many people complain about them. Now, if the supposed rumor about Planet Aquarium is true, I'd totally get it, especially if these types of animals don't end up in PZ. Of course, PA would not be the next Planet game in my opinion because that'd be too much competition for PZ. But what do I know?

I have no issues with marine animals including sharks and whales being in the game. In that, while it's not realistic for zoos to have them, it's also just a game. But I still suspect they won't make them, or even any fully marine animals - instead well get Planet Aquarium in 2-4 years.

Taking Sharks and Whales/other cetaceans out of the equation, my picks for a marine pack would be:

1. Giant Oceanic Manta Ray
2. Bluefin Tuna
3. Pacific Octopus
4. Loggerhead Sea Turtle
5. Swordfish

Of course this leaves out a lot of smaller fish. Of any pack, even more than Avian, if they do a Marine pack, it's the one pack that absolutely should kick their release model to the side and gives a good 10-20 animals.

I would be seriously annoyed at frontier if they added any cetaceans or large sharks to the game - none of these do well in captivity.

whilst is ‘just a game’ the stated aim of the company is to educate about animal conservation and welfare. Adding these animals would totally undermine both of those messages.

What!? I hope this won't result in them abandoning PZ.
Add my what? as well - I haven't heard any actual rumors as yet. I mean it's a logical game choice, but at some point in the future. Not now. I even mentioned in my most, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it in 2024. Which would mean likely advertising it in 2023 or early 2024 for a late 2024 release. I really doubt it'll be released before 2023 at very earliest, and that's if it is actually a think (which, I do hope it will be, just not yet!)

Add my what? as well - I haven't heard any actual rumors as yet. I mean it's a logical game choice, but at some point in the future. Not now. I even mentioned in my most, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it in 2024. Which would mean likely advertising it in 2023 or early 2024 for a late 2024 release. I really doubt it'll be released before 2023 at very earliest, and that's if it is actually a think (which, I do hope it will be, just not yet!)
That's what I meant. I didn't mean that it was a rumor, I meant like a theory. Sorry, even though I'm Texan, I don't speak right, y'all.

I do hope for Planet Aquarium, but i think the Planet game in between PZ and PA (if they do a 2nd zoo game) will have to be some unique type of game that has nothing to do with zoos or theme parks. What it can be, I have no idea

I hope we won't get 2 separate Games (or if we do at least with a Possibility to somehow connect both Games). I want the Possibility to keep Hippos in my Aquarium and Sharks in my normal Zoo

We don't even have a polar bear with realistic real life zoo requirements because of "welfare" :D I'll eat my socks if we ever get a Planet Aquarium (with those animals listed), let alone cetaceans in Planet Zoo.

I hope we won't get 2 separate Games (or if we do at least with a Possibility to somehow connect both Games). I want the Possibility to keep Hippos in my Aquarium and Sharks in my normal Zoo
If there'll be a separate game featuring marine ones like dolphins, I hope they don't have unkeepable species like those that couldn't last and/or bred in captivities in real life. For example: great white sharks and spear-like noses ones like swordfish and narwhals.

Even if we put this whole unethical argument aside, I am not really sure how these animals would fit into a zoo game. Smaller things like octopi, tropical fish, maybe even smaller sharks, yes, but how many zoos do you know that actually have a dolphin or a big shark? They are usually zoos combined with aquarium of a sort.

ZT2 was its own thing that did not really take real life zoos into consideration (at least not as much as PZ does in some regards), hence why they had extinct animals and animals that are more commonly found in aquariums rather than zoos.

If anything, PZ needs more semi aquatic animals - more penguin species, otters, sea lions, beavers, platypus,... I would even be for manatees and smaller aquarium creatures in form of exhibits, you know, things that fits a zoo game. But I respect your wish, I just dont think it is going to happen.

Last edited:
I can’t say I wouldn’t buy a pack like this if frontier decided what the heck and eventually gave people the option to use such animals but as @FoxyDee mentions I just couldn’t see these fitting into planet zoo. I too would love to see manatees even if this was the only aquatic animal we got which I’m not counting on any really it would be a success to me.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom