More Marsupials?

Thank you for the Red Kangaroo and the Koala but there are not enough Marsupials. So here is a list of missing Marsupials and tell me if I forgot one and if you have to choose 2 from the list which do you choose?
1. Giant kangaroo
2. Gray Kangaroo
3. Bennet's Wallaby
4. Two-tone wallaby
5. Wallaby with yellow feet
6. Dark thylogale
7. Spectacled Wallaby-hare
8. Wallaby of Parma
9. Agile Wallaby
10. Black-footed Rock Wallaby
11. Brush tailed rock wallaby
12. Wallaro
13. Dendrolague
14. Marsupial Marte
I choose
Wallaby de Bennet and Dendrolague

Only 2??... i’d add the Tasmanian Devil (which I don’t think you included?) and the Eastern Grey Kangaroo (as long as it was walkthrough) but would be happy to pay for lots more.... Numbat would be another I’d LOVE

Here are a few more to add to your list:

Tree Kangaroos
Quokka
Wombat

It's hard to choose any kind od marsupial, but I guess I'd choose the following 2:

1. Tasmanian Devil (because it's a nice animal and in desperate need of attention)
2. Tree Kangaroo (any species will do)

I've made my push for having the Common Wombat in the game fairly heavily, so them for sure. Any other species of Wombat instead is fine, that's the most "common" so to speak, I just want a Wombat species in the game.

Tasmanian Devil and Grey Kangaroos as well. After that I think I'm fine with the marsupial representation, as the only other Australian animal I'd really want is the Platypus, which of course is not a marsupial.

But if I had to choose just two? Common Wombat and Tasmanian Devil, if only because we do at least have one kangaroo already.

As an Australian myself, you might be expecting a VERY long list, but its not, I am simply going to be putting the marsupials that call out to me and also that I have a soft spot for, and also are important in any zoo I build. (I am just going to include 2 Monotremes as well)
  1. Western Grey Kangaroo
  2. Red-Necked Wallaby
  3. Swamp Wallaby
  4. Tammar Wallaby
  5. Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby
  6. Quokka
  7. Long-Nosed Potoroo
  8. Common Wombat
  9. Southern Hairy-Nosed Wombat
  10. Platypus
  11. Short-Beaked Echidna
  12. Mountain Pygmy Possum
  13. Feathertail Glider
  14. Common Brushtail Possum
  15. Common Ringtail Possum
  16. Sugar Glider
  17. Tasmanian Devil
  18. Tiger Quoll
  19. Eastern Quoll
  20. Fat-Tailed Dunnart
  21. Red-Tailed Phascogale
  22. Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo
  23. Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo
  24. Red-Legged Pademelon
  25. Eastern Barred Bandicoot (the species Crash Bandicoot was based off of)
  26. Greater Bilby (Australian Easter Bunny)
  27. Northern Brown Bandicoot
  28. Parma Wallaby
  29. Agile Wallaby
  30. Tasmanian Pademelon

One or two of the American possums might be good too, you've got the classic Virginia opossum and there's also the wonderfully weird water opossum. Lots of other species too.
opposum-03.jpg
large.jpg

The Sulawesi Bear Cuscus is also interesting, being probably largest among the few "Asian" marsupials (all of them are possums). It's about 60cm long, including the tail.
35f6965741bcca2583b861685f36ca80.jpg

Last edited:
To me Bennett's wallabies is a must have for a zoo game.
They are very common in captivity. You find them in both big zoos and small private owned parks. Great for walk-through enclosures. Great for mixed species enclosures with other kangaroos/wallabies.

You see them in Australian themed areas, but also often in a more random setting, where they fill out empty space.

A really useful species, even though it might not be the most interesting compared to other marsupials.

To me Bennett's wallabies is a must have for a zoo game.
They are very common in captivity. You find them in both big zoos and small private owned parks.
Is it ironic that I've literally never seen one? I do live in Australia, but outside their native range. In the local zoo we've got some Tammar wallabies, which are pretty closely related.

One or two of the American possums might be good too, you've got the classic Virginia oppossum and there's also the wonderfully weird water oppossum. Lots of other species too.
opposum-03.jpg
large.jpg

The Sulawesi Bear Cuscus is also interesting, being probably largest among the few "Asian" marsupials (all of them are possums). It's about 60cm long, including the tail.
35f6965741bcca2583b861685f36ca80.jpg
Why are so many People saying Possum when they mean Opossum? It drives me mad. THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS!!!
Also want to say that the Water Opossum is absolutely beautiful

Why are so many People saying Possum when they mean Opossum? It drives me mad. THEY ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ANIMALS!!!
Also want to say that the Water Opossum is absolutely beautiful
The thing is, the american ones are where the term possum actually comes from, if anything the australasian ones should be called something else. The reason for it being flipped on it's head is due to only having one species in most of the English speaking Americas.

The thing is, the american ones are where the term possum actually comes from, if anything the australasian ones should be called something else. The reason for it being flipped on it's head is due to only having one species in most of the English speaking Americas.
Interesting. Didn't know about this

Top Bottom