Now, the astronomy part....

Btw, could there be some connection with speed of light being limited in speed at space but not distance, as gravity is limited by distance but not by amount it could appear in?

Gravity isn't limited by distance, it's strength is determined by the ratio of surface area of the sphere at the point it's measured/strength at source, so the further away it gets the weaker it is, but it never reaches zero.

I was going to tweet Prof Rudy Rucker, he’s real good at explaining this stuff.
Please do that, I would this thread to contain interesting things we can find about astronomy in general. I am no astronomer myself, I am merely dabbling in it, but everything helps.

So far I liked Levesque a little more than Kaspi in presenting things; it's not just about having the information, it's also about disseminating it, especially for people who are trying to grasp some concepts (like me). Many times I had to pause the presentations and search for additional explanations on some of the things presented, but I don't mind that.

So if you have something related to astronomy in general, or anything else scientific in particular, drop it in here. Let's keep this alive.

Last edited:
So if you have something related to astronomy in general, or anything else scientific in particular, drop it in here. Let's keep this alive.

Alright, why have we not already solved both energy and climate crises with solar panels in between Earth an Sun (or at surface of the Moon, no atmosphere, lots of energy).

I understood energy could be transformed from space or even from the Moon surface through some kind of beam directly to Earth, or through links orbiting it.

Also, more solar panels surface area we can get as close to the Sun as possible, more "shadows" it would create on Earth, preventing some portion of heat radiation reaching Earth and perhaps slow down warming of the climate (with also energy production aspect).

We could also build a telescope satellite using our Sun as a lens, to see at 360 degrees angle around Sun even at the surface of planets thousands of LY away, with tech we have already.
Why on earth we have not done that for SETI by now?

During long voyages through the dark confines of space, I ran into this article - pretty mind bending stuff about the black holes.

I will also drop this explained image of a black hole visualization by Jeremy Schnittman, the NASA astrophysicist who realized the visualization of a binary black hole system in the article above.

Black hole by Schnittman

Top Bottom