Now, the astronomy part....

Deleted member 166264

D
Can someone tell me why I can't see these video thumbnails here but I can on other sites (like Steam)?

Still pretty sure time is just layers stacking on top of each other, that we perhaps can at some point dig through backwards and visit past without changing it.

Call it "atoms of time" if you want to.

Just something that came to my head in philosophy-class at school over 20 years ago, when talking about time and space.

Btw, could there be some connection with speed of light being limited in speed at space but not distance, as gravity is limited by distance but not by amount it could appear in?

This might provide some answers.

Yes but I don´t still see there a connection between gravity and speed of light in space time continuum some way.

Say, could black matter or energy affect these, or could they affect each others in more ways than we think (yes I know gravity bends light).
Maybe they could limit each other, and when we solve this, we get FTL travel?

Speed of light slows the more ‘stuff’ it passes through. I remember reading somewhere about it being slow enough to skate ahead of if you were to shine it through ???? and could survive the experience of the frozen ???? The ? being some gas that’s hard to make into frozen liquid or something. Glad to help science here. I may be completely wrong but intend to help.

Ah, Rubidium is used in cooling lasers which are needed to create Bose-Einstein condensate that can slow, even stop, light.
One of the first confirmed Bose-Einstein condensates was made of Rubidium atoms, but seems that the light stopping (and starting again!) stuff is sodium (damn this stupid language and its idiotic alternate names for elements like Natrium and Kalium! :mad:):

Last edited:
Top Bottom