Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

yep - yeah
n2tNS8A.jpg

EeZzUxx.jpg

is download open now?
I think steam client should automatically start downloading, but still did not. I purchased Odyssey DLC

My setup - which uses to run fine with a oculus rift - was usually above 60 fps with my nVidia GTX 1080.

First look in Odyssey: walking around showed initial framerates between 20 and 30 fps, but seemed to get slightly better after some time. All textures finally loaded? ...but fps stayed in the around 30ish region and feels laggy.

Yes, i know, it's an Alpha, therefore i hope there will be a lot of performance improvement.

Sure but when u bought a weapon for 50k..(theres no other) u cant leave this point. forexampla a deliverymission ... shuttle to next statio 100Cr... and with zero Credits u are loser No1 - so as i
READ IT AGAIN!!! Don't act stupid and not expect someome to call you out on it. There is plenty of info regarding this phase of the Alpha. I suggest you go read it

is download open now?
I think steam client should automatically start downloading, but still did not. I purchased Odyssey DLC

Only for those who have access...
But presuming you DID buy it through Steam, then do not launch it through Steam as ED Horizons.
Instead launch the vanilla ED without Horizons, and then the ED Patcher comes up with the download option.
You dont need Horizons anyway, its only "On Foot" testing, and there are no movement controls currently mapped.
I finally did figure out how to get the controls mapped though, I had to exit out, and then reload in and was finally able to start mapping the controls.

READ IT AGAIN!!! Don't act stupid and not expect someome to call you out on it. There is plenty of info regarding this phase of the Alpha. I suggest you go read it
He's right though...

They only gave us 50K starting credits.

The only Gun available at start, also costs 50K cr.

The "Apex Interstellar" travel costs 100cr.

So if you buy a Gun, then go take a mission, and have to use Apex Interstellar to get there, you're stuck and can't go cause you have no credits left.

It would be advisable for Testers to try to find a Non-combat related mission to get started, so they can immediatelty earn a few extra credits, then go buy extra gear, weapons, etc for the tougher missions.

3 1/2 hours into dowloading and I still have 2 hours to go!!!!!

27mb per sec reported by my provider and yet I'm only just getting over 3mb per sec. Anyone know how I can get to the speed I pay for?

Top Bottom