COMPLETED CG Fight for the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid against the Empire (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The rail you get for fighting on the Imp side seems a lot better a deal. Just saying.
You "only get" one double mod railgun, you get to have a single mod/exp normally.
You "only need" one double mod enzyme missile, you don't get to have a modded enzyme missile normally.

That's my point of view :D

I wil simply fight for both sides - independently from political and historical and humanistic opinions - because this story will go further independently
My thoughts exactly...or they were...
It certainly looks very likely that the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid faction will loose this war, which means you need to be in the top 10%. If you only play in open, like I do as I refuse to play in solo or PG, then from my experience today this seems almost an almost impossible feat.
Doesn't matter if it was 8am, 11am, 1pm, 4pm or 9pm every last single WZ has about 3+ cmdrs fighting for the Epsilon Fornacis Empire Group and even on the rare occasion I found an empty WZ it didn't remain empty for long. I had a few close calls after being sucker punched, and being out numbered, by cmdrs fighting for the opposition...great fun though!!!
So for anyone managing to get in the top 10% the engineered enzyme missile rack will almost certainly be a "I played in solo mode" badge of honour :ROFLMAO:

Nothing wrong with that. Just because you play in Open, doesn't mean you are great either.
Nope, just means I play in open. I never said people who play in solo weren't great ;)
Solo is just so much easier with zero resistance.
Although I could be wrong. Managed to get 6m in bonds since I posted my msg :)

But I wanted to tell that storyline is fixed and will continue independently from our actions or results. Be it solo, open or PG.
I play solo until I reach top 10% in both CG, (already done) and then I play open. I don't care who is great and who is not.

Nope, just means I play in open. I never said people who play in solo weren't great ;)
Solo is just so much easier with zero resistance.
Although I could be wrong. Managed to get 6m in bonds since I posted my msg :)
The flip side to that is that in solo you're limited to whatever you kill yourself. I've been playing in a full wing both days and currently sitting at top 10 commanders for the empire with 105 million, and top 10% for the Marlinists with 37 million. There is no way I would had been able to achieve those numbers in just two days by myself on solo.

2D46B3424681E9F1E735DE104DE245D817510DCC

The flip side to that is that in solo you're limited to whatever you kill yourself. I've been playing in a full wing both days and currently sitting at top 10 commanders for the empire with 105 million, and top 10% for the Marlinists with 37 million. There is no way I would had been able to achieve those numbers in just two days by myself on solo.
Well said, and the beauty of this game!

Choose what you want to play and don't feel you need to prove it means more than someone else's choice. <O

seems I will sadly be losing out on this cg's rewards :/
real life has been kicking me and I only managed to rack up 7mil
oh well not that much of a loss
That is a shame, but RL is just that and this is a game designed to make life enjoyable (not take it over! :p ).

A shame as it looks like both CGs are struggling to make Tier 1; I have real concerns for this CG lol (although the Empire should do it in time) - we could use the help Cmdr <O

Hope things go well; stay safe! (y)

That is very true...but you could do the same in a PG. A full wing in open is certainly very handy for the speed to can get kills and also for protection.
While you have to kill the ships yourself in solo you can still make top 10% without breaking a sweat and with no risk....just takes a little longer than when in a wing.

Would have been good, from my perspective, for Fdev to offer the reward to the top 10%, if played in solo, and top 50/75% if played in open where there's much more risk and it's a much harder task. Seems illogical to have a CG that "pushes" people into solo.

Nice work on the top 10 spot, hope you hold onto it :)

seems I will sadly be losing out on this cg's rewards :/
real life has been kicking me and I only managed to rack up 7mil
oh well not that much of a loss

To be clear my 'like' was to show support and not liking the circumstances that have happened.

Its like the old Family Guy episode where Peter is on FB and sees someone say 'Aunt Edna has just died' and then 'likes this post'.

Hope all works out OK and youre back soon.

Seems illogical to have a CG that "pushes" people into solo.

Like one Megaship with limited large landing pads....even PGs the landing pad can be blocked.

Well... Unless Fdev significantly adjust the goal posts for this CG, no one is going to get the engineered enzyme missiles whatsoever :/ Which would make me kinda sad because I'm really interested in testing them out... C'mon Frontier, bring it on :)

That is very true...but you could do the same in a PG. A full wing in open is certainly very handy for the speed to can get kills and also for protection.
While you have to kill the ships yourself in solo you can still make top 10% without breaking a sweat and with no risk....just takes a little longer than when in a wing.

Would have been good, from my perspective, for Fdev to offer the reward to the top 10%, if played in solo, and top 50/75% if played in open where there's much more risk and it's a much harder task. Seems illogical to have a CG that "pushes" people into solo.

Nice work on the top 10 spot, hope you hold onto it :)

The landing pad situation on the megaship is what pushed us to swap from open to PG. I don't disagree with what you're saying. We rather do this on open, but there was no way to maintain any kind of efficient speed on the runs when we were wasting close to an hour at the megaship just to get a pad to land.

As for the top 10 spot, I'm likely not going to hold on to it. My intention was to do one big push for the empire side, then build up the score on the Marlinists side since I expect them to lose, thus more important to keep pushing that score to retain top 10% and get both modules.

The landing pad situation on the megaship is what pushed us to swap from open to PG. I don't disagree with what you're saying. We rather do this on open, but there was no way to maintain any kind of efficient speed on the runs when we were wasting close to an hour at the megaship just to get a pad to land.

As for the top 10 spot, I'm likely not going to hold on to it. My intention was to do one big push for the empire side, then build up the score on the Marlinists side since I expect them to lose, thus more important to keep pushing that score to retain top 10% and get both modules.
I wonder who had the brilliant idea of giving mega-ships one single large landing pad... Even Payne-Scott City is having traffic jams... I was doing the inverse of your strategy, hit hard the imperials to secure a 10% place, and the last two days work towards the Empire as probably 7-10 million would get me into the 75%, that's two or three medium cz runs.

But it seems no one is going to get those missiles, I was curious to see how "augmented" they were going to be.

Well... Unless Fdev significantly adjust the goal posts for this CG, no one is going to get the engineered enzyme missiles whatsoever :/ Which would make me kinda sad because I'm really interested in testing them out... C'mon Frontier, bring it on :)
Same, this thing is far more interesting to see what it does than a railgun that I know what it does.

It's possible FDev will adjust tiers for CG, but also extend it for one week longer.
I'm not going to count on it. Just gonna keep doing this grind in open on PS4 like my life depends on it.

So far its been pretty rare for me to have to switch to open to turn in bonds at the megaship, as they're just aren't that many people on our side. (Which is the only upside to our predicament.)

Despite doing this grind in open, I have yet to be killed by other players. And I have certainly had my fill of PVP in the last 48 hours, I think I've shot down more pilots during this event than I have in the last 6 - 12 months? It's been crazy in terms of PVP, which has actually been pretty sweet. The 9 Martyrs are the best thing to happen to Elite Dangerous since the Thargoids started grabbing people.

As of this post, I am in the top 10% for now with 40,999,686 million in bonds turned in. But I tell you, I have no idea how we're going to get our side up to the tier 1 benchmark. This math man, this math just looks bad. LIKE, REALLY, REALLY BAD. But I think I speak for all of us when I say: We want these enzyme racks! - And with any luck, grand-pa & grand-ma FDEV will make em' ' sweet. Ah yes, I can see it now: Bypassing shields, spreading to other ships upon contact, requiring 400 heat to remove the caustic substance, even allowing for pilots to synth premium ammo for them to increase their damage rate... Truely, this is the war for the "mystery prize."

Really, I just want to do everything I can to signal to FDEV that we want more Thargoid tech. We have so many engineering mats that drop only from the Thargoids and they do literal nothing. And the gods know how badly I want to fly an Orthus.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom