COMPLETED CG Fight for the Neo-Marlinist Order of Mudhrid against the Empire (Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I'm current the top on board with inara stats (163,789,122), tier 1's not reachable unless FDev's drop the bar which I think they won't,
but it was worth the try, really wanted that double mod enzyme missle :/
After two days of working for the empire (105 million earned there), I've since swapped to the Marlinist side, and currently just past the 57 million mark. I'm hoping that many others do the flip and help us reach tier 1, because I really want that DE missile rack.

Weekend is over and only 19 bn done.
Which means this CG is done as well. It's the first i remember in the last 2 years that does not reach tier 1

Oh well, too bad - i have 2 accounts hovering in top10%

A Question (as have only done about 6-8 CGs, so look to those with more knowledge):

Is this the usual level/requirement for Tier 1 (as it was halfway through the weekend and neither had reached Tier 1)?

I ask as I am wondering whether it is an unrealistic Tier 1 level, or could it be the fact the Odyssey Alpha is on and the FDev didn't realise not as many would be playing?

Thank you.

Nope, it's way higher than normal

As some would say, it's rigged against the NMLA
Or as others would say - for this one people really have to make a choice since only one of them is doable

But the truth is, it's the highest Tier1 requirements for a Combat Bonds CG i remember.

Nope, it's way higher than normal

As some would say, it's rigged against the NMLA
Or as others would say - for this one people really have to make a choice since only one of them is doable

But the truth is, it's the highest Tier1 requirements for a Combat Bonds CG i remember.
Ok, appreciate the quick reply - although I am not sure that having made the choice to fight for the NMLA puts me at too much of a disadvantage for the Empire mission.

At the moment it is at 3million to get in the top 75% - in fact the numbers are higher on this CG, until your reply I thought I had just backed the wrong horse. :p

Thank you. <O

Yes it will if FDEV adjust the tiers tomorrow, which I hope they will.
I hate when they adjust anything depending on how things are going.
It always feels like we're bunch of kindergarten kids and teachers change the rules so everyone is happy and no kid cries in the corner.

If they need to adjust numbers depending on amount of participating players every time, then something is terribly wrong with how CG mechanic is thought out.

If they need to adjust numbers depending on amount of participating players every time, then something is terribly wrong with how CG mechanic is thought out.
It's pretty rare they change the numbers - and that's usually on Friday or Saturday. Don't think I've ever seen them change later than that. The first day is usually a good indicator of where things are going, and this week has been nothing except predictable :)

I hate when they adjust anything depending on how things are going.
It always feels like we're bunch of kindergarten kids and teachers change the rules so everyone is happy and no kid cries in the corner.

Like you, I would prefer things to be left as 'the story' originally dictates - shizzle happens sometimes. But then again, when there was a CG not long ago, the FDev changed the Tiers to make the CG harder.

Maybe if they made the CGs more fluid - with changes to the story even during the period of the CG it would be more realistic and they could keep the chllenge at the level they intend it to be all along (of course that means if this is supposed to be as hard to get to Tier 1 - then so be it). <O
It's pretty rare they change the numbers - and that's usually on Friday or Saturday. Don't think I've ever seen them change later than that. The first day is usually a good indicator of where things are going, and this week has been nothing except predictable :)
I think we were on Saturday and both CGs hadn't got to Tier 1 - 4 days in and this CG hasn't even reached mid-way to Tier 1 :rolleyes:.

It has been an enjoyable CG nonetheless (my first combat zone one! :)) and I will take it as it comes - if the FDev did put the bar a little high, they are only human after all (I think anyway lol). <O

If they need to adjust numbers depending on amount of participating players every time
Well, they do have the stats, and most of the times tier 1 is low, and gradually gap gets bigger and bigger by tiers, this time, tier 1 is set at 20%, which is mostly a value for tier 3 or 4.
Could roughly say we have about 10~15k active participants, about 500~1000 are dedicated, 4000 do it for a day or 2 , and the rest dip in for one run or two.
So, if the 1000 dedicated participants can't grind through this tier 1, I suppose FDev intended for NMLA participants to not get their reward.

Should just compare the recent same type CG Jupiter/Fed CZ, 600 bil max, 41.9 bil contribution(6%), tier 1 set at 5%, 4798 participants.
Current one, 300 bil max, 21.3 bil contribution(7%), tier 1 set at 20%, 2038 participants, 2.5 more days to go.
So half the participant and already hitting the same effort when there's still 2.5 more days to go.

I really doubt FDev's gonna cut the requirements, even if they're gonna do it, maybe to 10% tier 1, which would only benefit about 200 players, yeah nay?
If it's me, I wouldn't lower the bar.
And about modded Enzyme racks, don't worry, it might come out again, NMLA campaign can't be finished with just this one fight? We barely started.

Well, they do have the stats, and most of the times tier 1 is low, and gradually gap gets bigger and bigger by tiers, this time, tier 1 is set at 20%, which is mostly a value for tier 3 or 4.
Could roughly say we have about 10~15k active participants, about 500~1000 are dedicated, 4000 do it for a day or 2 , and the rest dip in for one run or two.
So, if the 1000 dedicated participants can't grind through this tier 1, I suppose FDev intended for NMLA participants to not get their reward.

Should just compare the recent same type CG Jupiter/Fed CZ, 600 bil max, 41.9 bil contribution(6%), tier 1 set at 5%, 4798 participants.
Current one, 300 bil max, 21.3 bil contribution(7%), tier 1 set at 20%, 2038 participants, 2.5 more days to go.
So half the participant and already hitting the same effort when there's still 2.5 more days to go.

I really doubt FDev's gonna cut the requirements, even if they're gonna do it, maybe to 10% tier 1, which would only benefit about 200 players, yeah nay?
If it's me, I wouldn't lower the bar.
And about modded Enzyme racks, don't worry, it might come out again, NMLA campaign can't be finished with just this one fight? We barely started.
My point is - whole mechanic CGs are based on should work regardless of how many players show up - if it doesn't and requires manual adjustments, then it's not designed properly.

FDEV simply slapped the tiers on as if it was a bounty hunting CG with it's vastly higher payouts.
yes, this CG was atypical as it didn't follow the standard of low tier 1, the same size for 2 and 3, 4th being 1+2+3 and 5 and more 4x2. But even then, the Jupiter division managed to get 41 billion and the limit contribution was double, but also they almost got the double of players contributing. But also, this week many players have spent a lot of time testing Odyssey.

If we compare with that, 5% for Tier 1 would mean this one was already completed.
If we compare it with the actual value that one needed for Tier 1, 30 billions, this one would still have a chance to complete.

At 60 billions for Tier 1, no chance whatsoever.

And no matter how much i want the enzyme missile, i hope they dont alter the numbers, it feels kinda wrong.

whole mechanic CGs are based on should work regardless of how many players show up
But it was never set as an algorithm, always manual fixed numbers, lot's of human error, sometimes close to the stats with evaluation, most of the time big off course.
Sometimes it's just a declaration of ideology, like "Are you willing to turn in your material, for the contribution of the galaxy, with so little in return?"
So yeah... you could count the current CG as an ideology, if you want the rack, you'll need to push to a point where it ain't funny, and you'll need a lot of supporters, are you in for it?

I guess there's nothing better than baiting those who's willing to support NMLA just for the sake of their own personal gains, and I'm one of those that got baited :D

So yeah.... better luck next time, maybe the enzyme rack will end up on a more ethical choice next time.

If we compare with that, 5% for Tier 1 would mean this one was already completed.
If we compare it with the actual value that one needed for Tier 1, 30 billions, this one would still have a chance to complete.

At 60 billions for Tier 1, no chance whatsoever.

And no matter how much i want the enzyme missile, i hope they dont alter the numbers, it feels kinda wrong.
I totally disagree. Being punished for not having a large enough player base for the game just feels... wrong.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom