North American Animal pack

This is a suggestion that i hope will make it to the game in some way. This would be a animal pack centered around North America. It would include 8 animals and include some scenery, items, and plants
The animals picked for this pack would be diverse, and drastically diffrent from other animals in the game.
Here is what i picked

North American Animal pack
  • Moose
  • North american Mountain Lion
  • American Alligator
  • White-Tailed deer
  • American Beaver
  • Red fox
  • Black widow spider
  • Cottonmouth snake
Potential Canidates
  • Bob cat
  • Groundhog
  • copperhead snake
  • North american cyote
  • Gray fox
  • Eastern coral snake
  • Raccoon
Potential Canidates people have suggested
  • California sea lion
  • Axolotl
  • Artic fox
  • Wolverine
  • American Black Bear
  • Ocelot
  • Whooping crane
  • Skunk
I personally think each of these animals are diverse and great candiates for a potential pack we will probably get at some point. The people who responded to my thread had wonderful suggestions of what should be added into the hypothetical pack. It seems a lot of people want the california sea lion, which i do hope we get. They are wonderful creatures. I also saw the people were confused as to why I added two exhibit animals. The answer to that question is that most packs have one or two exhibit animals. Thats the answer. Thanks for replying and giving suggestions for the potential pack. I hope the folks at frontier see this because this will make a great pack, and hopefully they use are suggestions.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Alligator and puma would not really be that different from those crocodillians and cats we already have. Something like wolverine or california sea lion would be more unique. Also, why are there 2 exhibit animals? Shouldnt it be more like 7+1 as the Asian Animal pack?

For a north american pack I would really like

1: Grey fox
2: Moose
3: Beaver
4: Canadian Porcupine
5: MOuntain Goat
6: Roadrunner
7: Bighorn Sheep
8: Musk Ox

I also wouldn't mind: Wapiti, Arctic Fox, Skunk, Lynx, Coati, Opossum, Wolverine

Not a fan of: Alligator, Puma, Raccoon, White-Tailed Deer. (of course the first two are the most overused and popular choices)

Horrified and really disappointed by it that I won't even buy the pack: American Black Bear.

Last edited:
The game absolutely needs a puma and American alligator imo. After the alligator if we don’t get anymore crocodilians I’m ok with that but a alligator is the only one missing. In the US try going to a zoo that doesn’t house a puma. The American black bear is a animal I can live with or without. Probably should have been in the base game but oh well. This pack will still sell very well with or without it.

Last edited:
And MAYBE beaver? Lol

I mean, what do you want rather, just another big cat that acts much the same, or an awesome smaller animal that has unique features as it can create dams (hopefully in the game as well)

I can agree a beaver would be a great addition but unfortunately it’s not a guarantee. Neither is a puma but the game still needs one no matter how it acts in game it’s still a vey popular zoo staple imo. I’m guessing animals like a beaver will be a highlight of each pack since they require the most work but won’t be a regular 4 or 8 pack thing.

Just to clarify I would love beaver in this game, the "maybe" is just for the presence of Eurasian Beaver, even if i prefer the American one.

The matter is different tho. It's not which animals i rather want or you rather want, is which animals Frontier want to include or not, so we can just speculate, but think about it (I will take one of your requested animals as an example):

Puma = Another big cat, high requested, they can use cat rigs with some adjustment, it's an animal who would sell the pack to a lot of people
Road Runner = Small birds, not so requested, completely new rigs to do, not the big selling animals of the pack
What animal do you think they will include?

Last edited:
The matter is different tho. It's not which animals i rather want or you rather want, is which animals Frontier want to include or not, so we can just speculate, but think about
(I will take one of your requested animals as an example):

Puma = Another big cat, high requested, they can use cat rigs with some adjustment, it's an animal who would sell the pack to a lot of people
Road Runner = Small birds, not so requested, completely new rigs to do, not the big selling animals of the pack
What animal do you think they will include?
Hopefully the Roadrunner, they are 100.000 times more special than the Puma, and we don't have enough birds. But of course they go with the big crowd, like always, however, Babirusa and Cassowary prove otherwise, so hopefully they do that again.

Although I want more African animals, I really hope that the next pack is North America. It also fits well in the summer season with the idea of visiting the National Parks during the summer holidays and because this pack could include several aquatic animals that bring that refreshing touch which is perfect for the summer.

My choices are:
  1. Moose: so majestic and unique looking. It's also highly associated to USA and Canada. Probably, it is the largest animal living in the forests.
  2. Cougar: another emblematic animal, and another cat which are always popular for many people. Yet, it is different enough from the cats we already have. It also has a huge range, offering us a lot of choices for buiding its habitats. I was surprised to learn they are also found around the city of Los Angeles.
  3. California sea lion: the only reason I can imagine for it not being on the aquatic pack is because it has this spot reserved. I loved them when I visited San Francisco, and they are very common in zoos.
  4. American alligator: the Everglades are also very famous, and this animal represents them like no other. It shouldn't be too difficult to create since we already have 3 animals with similar animations.
  5. Artic fox: a popular and small sized animal, it would represent the northern part of North America. Its colour would make it stand out from the other animals in the pack, so it is a great visual addition for the pack.
  6. Raccoon: yeah, I know this is controversial, but I love them. A small critter and it would be the climbing animal of the pack. We need small animals and I'm afraid that prairie dogs are too small, so I give that honour to the raccoon.
  7. Roadrunner / musk ox: any of the two would be cool. More birds are always welcome.
  8. Axolotl: I didn't forget about Mexico! This animal is so unique that it has to be the exhibit animal in the pack.
  • Polar bear: diving implemented!
Special mention: I didn't put the beaver because I don't think asking for 4 aquatic animals (sea lion, alligator, polar bear and beaver) in one pack that is not an aquatic pack is too much work. The beaver can come with the European Pack, and the differences between both species are very small, so it shouldn't be a huge problem having one or the other. Likewise, the wolverine would also come in a European pack.

Although I want more African animals, I really hope that the next pack is North America. It also fits well in the summer season with the idea of visiting the National Parks during the summer holidays and because this pack could include several aquatic animals that bring that refreshing touch which is perfect for the summer.

My choices are:
  1. Moose: so majestic and unique looking. It's also highly associated to USA and Canada. Probably, it is the largest animal living in the forests.
  2. Cougar: another emblematic animal, and another cat which are always popular for many people. Yet, it is different enough from the cats we already have. It also has a huge range, offering us a lot of choices for buiding its habitats. I was surprised to learn they are also found around the city of Los Angeles.
  3. California sea lion: the only reason I can imagine for it not being on the aquatic pack is because it has this spot reserved. I loved them when I visited San Francisco, and they are very common in zoos.
  4. American alligator: the Everglades are also very famous, and this animal represents them like no other. It shouldn't be too difficult to create since we already have 3 animals with similar animations.
  5. Artic fox: a popular and small sized animal, it would represent the northern part of North America. Its colour would make it stand out from the other animals in the pack, so it is a great visual addition for the pack.
  6. Raccoon: yeah, I know this is controversial, but I love them. A small critter and it would be the climbing animal of the pack. We need small animals and I'm afraid that prairie dogs are too small, so I give that honour to the raccoon.
  7. Roadrunner / musk ox: any of the two would be cool. More birds are always welcome.
  8. Axolotl: I didn't forget about Mexico! This animal is so unique that it has to be the exhibit animal in the pack.
  • Polar bear: diving implemented!
Special mention: I didn't put the beaver because I don't think asking for 4 aquatic animals (sea lion, alligator, polar bear and beaver) in one pack that is not an aquatic pack is too much work. The beaver can come with the European Pack, and the differences between both species are very small, so it shouldn't be a huge problem having one or the other. Likewise, the wolverine would also come in a European pack.
Excellent choices

I am planning on making a dreams vs nightmares post about North America at some point, but because I'm pretty confident an African Animals pack is coming next, it won't be until after that passes.

I think for me, the most important thing about a NA pack is using it to showcase the diverse biomes and landscapes, especially ones found in the United States, just because that has the greatest variation. The animals I'd like to see represent the theme of diversity, while also making sure we get some animals whose absences have been notably felt.

1. California sea lion (Aquatic, Temperate): As the most showcased pinniped in captivity, it was somewhat surprising that this animal was excluded from the Aquatic pack, but this is a perfect example to make up for that. This animal would do a great job of representing the Western Coastlines of NA.
  2. Mountain lion (Taiga, Temperate, Grassland, Tropical, Desert): This is the pinnacle of the diversity theme. Mountain lions are one of the single most adaptable mammals in the world, and though I generally think of them as a NA animal since that's where I'm from, the range all the way from Alaska and Northern Canada to the southern most tips of the Andes. As such, it could fit into many different themed areas in our zoos, but we'll just say for now that it's a great representative for NA's Mountains.
  3. American Alligator (Aquatic, Temperate, Tropical): As the most showcased crocodilian in captivity, it was somewhat surprising that this animal was excluded from the Aquatic pack, but this is a perfect example to make up for that. Haha, does that sound familiar? I think that's justification enough for it to be included, but also, don't discount the fact that it's a great way to show case the Southern Wetlands of the USA!
  4. Black-footed ferret (Grassland): This incredibly endangered animal is up there with the American bison and California condor in terms of amazing NA conservation success stories. I assume this would come after the African Animals pack, and as such would easily be able to use the Meerkat model/rig as a jumping off point. It's a small mammal, which is a huge plus, and might not be to well known outside of NA, so it's a great chance to introduce people to this wonderful little ferret. It also represents the Prairies of NA.
  5. Whooping Crane (Aquatic, Temperate, Tropical, Taiga): Like the ferret, this is another great example of conservation at work in NA. It adds another bird, which is well deserved representation (my Africa pack assumes two new birds, the African penguin and a Guinea fowl will be added, but this is unique enough compared to those two). Ultimately it's conservation status and broader migratory range give it the edge over the roseate spoonbill to represent the Eastern Coastlines of NA.
  6. White-nosed coati (Desert, Temperate, Tropical): Though these animals have a broad range that stretches all the way down to the end of Central America, a significant portion of their habitat consists of arid desert in the Southwestern USA and most parts of Mexico. I know some people would probably rather see a peccary in this spot, but given the fact that we have two pig species already, I had to go with this far more unique omnivore to represent NA's Deserts.
  7. Eastern Moose (Aquatic, Temperate, Taiga): This particular animal is highly requested due to it being included in past zoo sim games such as ZT1 and ZT2. It would be just the second deer species in PZ, and would be able to showcase some fascinating diving behaviors as an fully amphibious mammal. One fun fact they could use is that aquatic plants actually make up a higher % of a moose's diet than a hippos! This particular subspecies is not the largest moose in NA, but it is the best choice to represent the Eastern Deciduous Forests!
  8. Tiger Salamander (Temperate Rainforest): We currently have no salamander or newt species in the game, and this dlc is a prime opportunity to fix that. I know that the alligator snapping turtle would be the most popular choice, but since the theme today is diversity of biomes, this is an amazing opportunity to not only give us a unique amphibian, but also a new exhibit biome that would be specific to just this animal. Super cool! It perfectly represents the Western Temperate Rainforests of NA!
Those are the some of the most diverse options I could think of! Some zoo theming options off the top of my head:

-Prairies: Bison, pronghorn, timber wolf, black-footed ferret
-Rocky mountains: Grizzly, timber wolf, mountain lion
-Everglades: American alligator, diamondback terrapin, mountain lion, whooping crane
-Southwestern USA: Whooping crane, mountain lion, white-nosed coati
-California coastlines: California sea lion, mountain lion, tiger salamander
-Eastern forests: Timber wolf, mountain lion, Eastern moose

Last edited:
I think the most likely habitat animal picks include : Moose, Cougar, California Sea Lion, Wolverine, American Beaver, American Alligator. I think particularly, if they're not included already in some other way, the Moose and the Cougar are practically locks for this pack.

Secondary possibilities: Red Fox, Arctic Fox, Rocky Mountain Goat, Bighorn Sheep, Coyote, American Black Bear, Musk Ox, with the Arctic Fox having a slightly better chance than the others.

Less likely but still possible: Collard Peccary (they are mostly in SA but their range does extend to the south part of NA), Canadian Lynx (I think they'll wait on that until a European lynx), North American River Otter (secondary otter is definitely wanted but I think they'll go with the Asian species), Opossum, Armadillo, Racoon (I think these last three are considered too common of animals to warrant as much interest), Roadrunner (ground based birds may be possible but I'm not sure we'll see it just yet)

I've left out the Bald Eagle as we don't know about flying birds yet, and that would seem a very likely pick for an Avian pack.

I think the North American pack could be the next pack in summer. And perhaps it will be again a 4+1 pack before werden will get an animal only Africa pack again. I think the obvious animals would be:

Puma: Biggest small cat in the World. In fact it's not close to the big cats werden already have Except to the Gepard which ist his closest relative. Because of the red colour it also looks very unique and it is perhaps the flag ship species of North America.

American alligator: This would fullfill the crocodylia family and is in my opinion hopefully the last crocodile we get in the game.

Moose: Hope we get the biggest deer species of the World. Could also be implemented into an European pack but I father want to have a red deer for Europe

Californian sea lion: Also a flagship animal and I was surprised that we die not get it already with the aquatic pack

Axolotl: This would really be a great exhibit animal. Very unique and I think also very popular.

I also would pay more money to get 8 animals plus scenery pieces.

The other 3 picks would be for mehr:

American beaver: would be nice to have a beaver. The beaver castle could perhaps be built as safe animal space.

Ozelot: Could also be implemented into a second South America pack but as it alao lives in Mexico it could be used in this pack, too. Would bring a first real small cat to the game.

Skunk: I would like to have it. Brings a small animal to the game.

I hope we do not get an American black bear or another brown bear sub species.

Why the white-tail deer? Especially over something like the wolverine and in the same pack as the moose. Also, why two exhibit animals?

@becks474 Ocelots, like jaguars, used to be very common in American states such as New Mexico, Texas and Arizona, but due to hunting, population segregation and other man-made issues, it's nearly extirpated. So much so that many people would think it's already happened, but in reality it has not. There is a small breeding population of anywhere between 50-70 ocelots in Texas!

It is a personal dream of mine that the U.S and Mexico will work together to rewild the Southwest of the USA and have multiple established populations of mountain lions, ocelots, jaguars. And there would ideally be large herds of white-tailed deer, big groups of peccaries, more established coatimundi populations and the reintroduction of the American black bear, Mexican gray wolf and red wolf.

I am planning on making a dreams vs nightmares post about North America at some point, but because I'm pretty confident an African Animals pack is coming next, it won't be until after that passes.

I think for me, the most important thing about a NA pack is using it to showcase the diverse biomes and landscapes, especially ones found in the United States, just because that has the greatest variation. The animals I'd like to see represent the theme of diversity, while also making sure we get some animals whose absences have been notably felt.

1. California sea lion (Aquatic, Temperate): As the most showcased pinniped in captivity, it was somewhat surprising that this animal was excluded from the Aquatic pack, but this is a perfect example to make up for that. This animal would do a great job of representing the Western Coastlines of NA.
  2. Mountain lion (Taiga, Temperate, Grassland, Tropical, Desert): This is the pinnacle of the diversity theme. Mountain lions are one of the single most adaptable mammals in the world, and though I generally think of them as a NA animal since that's where I'm from, the range all the way from Alaska and Northern Canada to the southern most tips of the Andes. As such, it could fit into many different themed areas in our zoos, but we'll just say for now that it's a great representative for NA's Mountains.
  3. American Alligator (Aquatic, Temperate, Tropical): As the most showcased crocodilian in captivity, it was somewhat surprising that this animal was excluded from the Aquatic pack, but this is a perfect example to make up for that. Haha, does that sound familiar? I think that's justification enough for it to be included, but also, don't discount the fact that it's a great way to show case the Southern Wetlands of the USA!
  4. Black-footed ferret (Grassland): This incredibly endangered animal is up there with the American bison and California condor in terms of amazing NA conservation success stories. I assume this would come after the African Animals pack, and as such would easily be able to use the Meerkat model/rig as a jumping off point. It's a small mammal, which is a huge plus, and might not be to well known outside of NA, so it's a great chance to introduce people to this wonderful little ferret. It also represents the Prairies of NA.
  5. Whooping Crane (Aquatic, Temperate, Tropical, Taiga): Like the ferret, this is another great example of conservation at work in NA. It adds another bird, which is well deserved representation (my Africa pack assumes two new birds, the African penguin and a Guinea fowl will be added, but this is unique enough compared to those two). Ultimately it's conservation status and broader migratory range give it the edge over the roseate spoonbill to represent the Eastern Coastlines of NA.
  6. White-nosed coati (Desert, Temperate, Tropical): Though these animals have a broad range that stretches all the way down to the end of Central America, a significant portion of their habitat consists of arid desert in the Southwestern USA and most parts of Mexico. I know some people would probably rather see a peccary in this spot, but given the fact that we have two pig species already, I had to go with this far more unique omnivore to represent NA's Deserts.
  7. Eastern Moose (Aquatic, Temperate, Taiga): This particular animal is highly requested due to it being included in past zoo sim games such as ZT1 and ZT2. It would be just the second deer species in PZ, and would be able to showcase some fascinating diving behaviors as an fully amphibious mammal. One fun fact they could use is that aquatic plants actually make up a higher % of a moose's diet than a hippos! This particular subspecies is not the largest moose in NA, but it is the best choice to represent the Eastern Deciduous Forests!
  8. Tiger Salamander (Temperate Rainforest): We currently have no salamander or newt species in the game, and this dlc is a prime opportunity to fix that. I know that the alligator snapping turtle would be the most popular choice, but since the theme today is diversity of biomes, this is an amazing opportunity to not only give us a unique amphibian, but also a new exhibit biome that would be specific to just this animal. Super cool! It perfectly represents the Western Temperate Rainforests of NA!
Those are the some of the most diverse options I could think of! Some zoo theming options off the top of my head:

-Prairies: Bison, pronghorn, timber wolf, black-footed ferret
-Rocky mountains: Grizzly, timber wolf, mountain lion
-Everglades: American alligator, diamondback terrapin, mountain lion, whooping crane
-Southwestern USA: Whooping crane, mountain lion, white-nosed coati
-California coastlines: California sea lion, mountain lion, tiger salamander
-Eastern forests: Timber wolf, mountain lion, Eastern moose
Although not all of these animals would have been my individual picks if put on the spot (I would love to see the alligator snapping turtle, raccoon, and beaver and would never imagine including the whooping crane of my own volition), I've got to say that the level of thought and biome representation put into this selection leaves it standing head and shoulders above every other suggested NA pack I've seen. Seriously, this is such a good analysis. Bravo. I'd love it if this was our actual pack.

Why the white-tail deer? Especially over something like the wolverine and in the same pack as the moose. Also, why two exhibit animals?
I added the white tailed deer becuase there is not really deer in this game per say. I was also short on a list of animals i wanted from america. Lastly i had two exhibit animals on the list because every pack has one to two exhibit animals. Hope this answers your questions!

I added the white tailed deer becuase there is not really deer in this game per say. I was also short on a list of animals i wanted from america. Lastly i had two exhibit animals on the list because every pack has one to two exhibit animals. Hope this answers your questions!
We have the reindeer, actually, but that's true, the deer family doesn't have a lot of representation (one could say the antelopes make up for it.) Also noting we've only had one exhibit animal each pack - actually the arctic pack had none , but I think having one is a given at this point.

Top Bottom