Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Yep I get that. And fair enough if you’re just moving money around these days. I’m just trying to understand your perspective.

On the one hand, you’ll swing some light blows at CIG’s lack of delivery. On the other, you’ll come out with classic placatory memes. ('Real work only started in 2016', 'SC is no buggier than many launched games', 'ambitious projects take time and money, this is normal' etc)

You have the defensive shields up when it comes to SC’s more obviously deleterious mismanagement, and the potential for the game add up to far less than the sum of its parts.

If you are still putting money into SC, I hope it’s disposable ;)

I think i put more into World Of Warships micro transactions over the years.

I'm sorry i can't be what you want me to be.

Yep I get that. And fair enough if you’re just moving money around these days. I’m just trying to understand your perspective.

On the one hand, you’ll swing some light blows at CIG’s lack of delivery. On the other, you’ll come out with classic placatory memes. ('Real work only started in 2016', 'SC is no buggier than many launched games', 'ambitious projects take time and money, this is normal' etc)

You have the defensive shields up when it comes to SC’s more obviously deleterious mismanagement, and the potential for the game add up to far less than the sum of its parts.

If you are still putting money into SC, I hope it’s disposable ;)
Meh...I've been shuffling store credit around for years. No-one with any sense pays cash for ships these days ;)

Last edited:
Quick question, if i get a better Power Distributor will that stop my upgraded Beam Lasers seemingly sucking power away from the Pulse Lasers on my Fer-De-Lance? when the Beam Lasers are firing the Pulse Lasers stop, i assume the Beam Lasers are sucking power away from them.
The answer is yup and yup. Can't remember offhand the size of the PD for the Ferdie clown shoe...but fit an A class PD and get it engineered. That should sort the power distribution out a bit...engineering especially.

Last edited:

dayrth

Volunteer Moderator
That is actually pretty cool. Considering all the chaff that CIG trumpet from the rooftops, why haven't they made a big thing if this?

deliver a game for a fifth of what CR can do it for with his own proprietary development model!
Will happily take your money and drip feed you broken, buggy software for the next 10 years, while spending more time on cafeterias, food/drink cycles for NPCs and simulating Mole's demonic cow's methane production.

It's not a scam if you tell people up front :ROFLMAO:

because he loves the game too much

Loves it so much he bought a new Porsche just to get to the office 5min earlier each day.

open alpha

Let me look that up in Tech Talk Dictionary. One moment... ah.. yes.. it says - Completely Frakking Broken. Right then.

Quick question, if i get a better Power Distributor will that stop my upgraded Beam Lasers seemingly sucking power away from the Pulse Lasers on my Fer-De-Lance? when the Beam Lasers are firing the Pulse Lasers stop, i assume the Beam Lasers are sucking power away from them.

Yes but I think you already found that out from Mole. Class A is right / best and Beams are power hungry. Can engineer as well if you got that one unlocked for weapon focussed but shouldn't need to, if overheating try a Thermal Vent on one Beam. Good choice btw, FDL is awesome ship, I never get tired of boosting though the mailslot with one just to hear the engines. A lot of people hate the drift, I love it.

Yes but I think you already found that out from Mole. Class A is right / best and Beams are power hungry. Can engineer as well if you got that one unlocked for weapon focussed but shouldn't need to, if overheating try a Thermal Vent on one Beam. Good choice btw, FDL is awesome ship, I never get tired of boosting though the mailslot with one just to hear the engines. A lot of people hate the drift, I love it.

So how likely are there any takers for their groundbreaking 'tech' in times of perpetual alpha?
Seems to me they'd have much more success selling their data on how to Pavlovian condition their backers into throwing money at a jpg.

Darn it. I knew it. Sova-khaaan!
400px-khan.jpg

The video is great!

Star Citizen is a pre-alpha and everyone is meant to be testing

Oh really???

WAi3REV.png
h2MR13t.png

And if i knew nothing about CIG or Star Citizen i'd be like WOW!!!! That looks awesome! I should totally get it.

If i was a real idiot, i'd ignore all the warnings about alpha and the price of spaceships in the store and get myself a starter ship.

And thus it explains why people continue to buy in.

Top Bottom