Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

This thread is a doozy https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.../is-this-intended-to-be-fun-engaging-gameplay

With the top gem being "I've found there is almost never boring gameplay, just boring people." aka "It's not CIG's fault the game is boring, it's yours!"

And some near self-aware wolves moments like saying it is ok the driver gameplay is boring because piloting ships is also boring instead of thinking all driver/pilot roles are boring and something needs to be done about it.

This thread is a doozy https://robertsspaceindustries.com/.../is-this-intended-to-be-fun-engaging-gameplay

With the top gem being "I've found there is almost never boring gameplay, just boring people." aka "It's not CIG's fault the game is boring, it's yours!"

And some near self-aware wolves moments like saying it is ok the driver gameplay is boring because piloting ships is also boring instead of thinking all driver/pilot roles are boring and something needs to be done about it.

With the right people, two sticks and a stone will suffice. There is no point in spending half a B on it either.

Last edited:
SaltEMike is streaming now.

He's salty as hell.

Emi (his wife) wants him to quit streaming SC.

Don't want to go into his relationship with his wife here, but he's ranting a bit about how SC is always meant to become in 2 years, it was like this 2 years ago and it was like it 2 years before that.

His aim was to never have to work, to build a business streaming.

He says CIG's communications are "(censored)-y and dishonest"

But he's also saying he still has hope SC might be good one day and he's put a lot of effort into positioning himself as a SC streamer.

Sounds a lot like sunk cost fallacy.

Aside: Is it just me, or does anyone else these days take a few seconds to work out if they're watching a SC or ED Odyssey clip?
And perhaps rhetorical, but is that good or bad? For SC or EDO?
Was thinking that in the last EDO screenshot that was shown. It looks very much like SC.

It's a new version of the ROC! The ROC-DS! It is better in every way and has earned universal praise from all backers.

And at only $70 it is a fantastic bargain.
I don't know about Universal praise...I haven't been able to spawn my new and improved shiny ROC-DS so far as all the ground spawn locations I've tried seem to be broken™...damned thing cost me $15 in store credit to upgrade from the one utterly useless Ursa I had left too :censored:

Last edited:
SaltEMike is streaming now.

He's salty as hell.

Emi (his wife) wants him to quit streaming SC.

Don't want to go into his relationship with his wife here, but he's ranting a bit about how SC is always meant to become in 2 years, it was like this 2 years ago and it was like it 2 years before that.

His aim was to never have to work, to build a business streaming.

He says CIG's communications are "(censored)-y and dishonest"

But he's also saying he still has hope SC might be good one day and he's put a lot of effort into positioning himself as a SC streamer.

I feel for Mikey sometimes. Like most SC content creators he's put a lot of wasted effort into promoting Star Citizen only to be repeatedly hamstrung and hung out to dry by Ci¬G. I like his content, specifically Answer the Call on a Sunday... he's changed a fair bit since being reborn from Twerk17. I can see him going the same route as Saurus and giving it up to stream other stuff... which is a hard move as a content creator for a specific game...but his audience is dying, folks are wandering off to watch other games and other streamers as Star Citizen continually wallows in the mire of increasing indifference.

Outside of a waning interest from longer term backers of the project, SC is a big nothing except for the persistent and increasing controversy surrounding it's development.

Last edited:
I feel for Mikey sometimes. Like most SC content creators he's put a lot of wasted effort into promoting Star Citizen only to be repeatedly hamstrung and hung out to dry by Ci¬G. I like his content, specifically Answer the Call on a Sunday... he's changed a fair bit since being reborn from Twerk17. I can see him going the same route as Saurus and giving it up to stream other stuff which is a hard move as a content creator for a specific game...but his audience is dying, folks are wandering off to watch other games and other streamers as Star Citizen continually wallows in the mire of increasing indifference.

Or BadNewsBaron, who proposed to his girlfriend live at CitizenCon, only for him to fail at promoting SC and end up giving it up.

Wrong thread.

But as long as you have energy in WEP they all should be capable of firing. Certainly firing beams shouldn't stop pulses unless you've done something strange with your fire groups.

Anyway, best post it in dangerous discussion, perhaps with a video of it happening.
When i chase another lame pirate NPC i can handle i'll record it.

Servers completely pooed the bed last night, everyone one was in civilian clothes (no space suit) and no one could access the Mobi Glass.

Emergent gameplay right there.

Back to Mike's stream, highly recommend people watch it later when the full thing is done. Not for the problems with his wife's health, but the rest of it. Comparing SC with Ashes of Creation.

Have to drop out now because i've got 3 calls back to back... Friday afternoon, ugh.

:insert "I dont really understand people who watch other people play" comment: :D
I do watch a ton of YouTube videos of games I'm never likely to play...barring someone shoving Sony's ego down their rapidly closing throats. My most recent viewing was a 27 hour movie of gameplay from Ghost of Tsushima...a game I almost bought a PS4/5 to play....same with The Last of us. I've never played those games but enjoyed the playthrough through someone elses eyes....all minus the inane and banale chattering streamers feel is a prerequisite. Contrary to what you might expect, watching an entire playthrough of those games (minus the majority of exploration etc) from start to conclusion didn't spoil those games should I ever get the chance to eventually venture into their worlds...I still desperately want Ghost of Tsushima on my PC...perhaps more so since watching the game movie.

As for games I do play...I prefer a more review based format from select or more neutral content creators via YouTube...like the inimitable Obsidian Ant with both Elite and Star Citizen content. Streamers in general...I find them all to be a bit 'precious' for my tastes. ;)

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Just to steal a post from Jonny Shiloh on SA

------------------------------

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPxLCxriHl0

New episode of Inside Turbulent Citizen is out - but honestly, don't waste your time, for the summary all you really need to do is to go to

Source: https://youtu.be/zPxLCxriHl0?t=973

TRIGGER WARNING: It's Jared!

---------------------------

TL;DW - Turbulent are doing what CIG apparently can't. Finishing off Stanton.
Ayn46yB.gif

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I feel for Mikey sometimes. Like most SC content creators he's put a lot of wasted effort into promoting Star Citizen only to be repeatedly hamstrung and hung out to dry by Ci¬G. I like his content, specifically Answer the Call on a Sunday... he's changed a fair bit since being reborn from Twerk17. I can see him going the same route as Saurus and giving it up to stream other stuff... which is a hard move as a content creator for a specific game...but his audience is dying, folks are wandering off to watch other games and other streamers as Star Citizen continually wallows in the mire of increasing indifference.

Outside of a waning interest from longer term backers of the project, SC is a big nothing except for the persistent and increasing controversy surrounding it's development.
Hear hear. I watch Mike from time to time. He seems like a great guy all around. Shame he seems to think he is stuck with SC for some reason.

He once said to his wife he would play Stellaris (iirc) full time and stream that but not enough people play it

Was thinking that in the last EDO screenshot that was shown. It looks very much like SC.

Was that the one with Cmdrs all crouching, I thought that one was SC as posted on here, completely fooled me lol

but his audience is dying,

This thread helps him a fair bit, he always gets a mention and clicks from here :)

Servers completely pooed the bed last night, everyone one was in civilian clothes (no space suit) and no one could access the Mobi Glass.

I was gonna ask, went quiet here last night so thought must have been a good patch and you all were playing it.

$265K in one day. how many of those idiotic ROC's is that?

Source: https://i.imgur.com/TkCwAbw.png

Link please :)
Some of the sales figures can be attributed to sales of the Hercules Starlifter...supposedly dropping in 3.13.x. I doubt the ROC-DS sold that many in cash sales. Most would just upgrade from the original ROC for store credit + a few bucks...or use existing store credit... or melt something useless and forgotten to buy or upgrade from something else equally useless and forgotten.

Top Bottom