Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Cycle 308 Weekly Objectives

As usual, all conversations with the Feds result in discussion about OOPP; since when are people like SK1701 appointed the OOPP monitor? who gave people like him the authority to tell other people how they should play the game that THEY PAID FOR? And seriously when was the last time Fed haulers and underminers, not PvPers with their meta PvP ships, seen in the open? There's more to Power Play than a real-time shooter. You Feds should stop your hypocrisy and get a life, this is a game, OOPP is not a religion or some "law" to be enforced, and those playing in solo or pg are not committing a crime.

Now I understand exactly why I hadnt come across you before MoMo.

All I can say is thank goodness I pledged Fed, who are committed to at least encountering their opponents in the game.

Last edited:
It's just inefficient. Only so many hours in the day. I also don't want to deal with SK1701 repeatedly icing the beacon and yada yada. There's no benefit to playing in open compared to other modes and until FDev changes that I'll use my UMOP time efficiently in solo / PG
lmao. when we ice the beacon we sit less than 100 meters from it. Youre always welcome to try and force us out.

Malding up in here.

lmao. when we ice the beacon we sit less than 100 meters from it. Youre always welcome to try and force us out.

Malding up in here.
Well that's just it. Why deal with the nonsense when you can just go into PG / solo, accomplish the same thing faster and easier? There's no benefit to going into open and dealing with the bull. So you'll have to continue crying from your own PG as I stop your expansions. Cry is still free

Some competitive games don't need physical contact. Powerplay, particularly the hauling part of it, is better equated to a marathon than a football game, imo. Whether you like it or not, solo and private group play are an intended part of the game by the people who wrote the rulebook. Whining about it won't change that.

By the way, if anybody needs an invite to the Federal PG that Mo Mo and Mageinta keep alluding to, here is a one-click guide to joining!

open.png

Some competitive games don't need physical contact. Powerplay, particularly the hauling part of it, is better equated to a marathon than a football game, imo. Whether you like it or not, solo and private group play are an intended part of the game by the people who wrote the rulebook. Whining about it won't change that.

Allow me to summarise my understanding so far.

Aisling HQ like their haulers to play in PG, which is somewhat questionable from a fair play perspective. And Aisling HQ are quite content to see their non-PG colleagues attempting to play fairly in Open get destroyed and wont venture into Open to help.

I mean, it sounds pretty low to me. I hang out with a bunch of murderhobo gankers all day, and even we are more brave and honorable than that.

I do have a question: People pledged to Aisling, why would you commit to such a crappy group? Federal United Command play fairly, a team, in open-only, and will defend you as brothers against all comers pretty successfully? I mean, there is no contest, right? One group you can be proud of vs one that feels decidedly second best where leaders abandon ordinary members.

Want to know more or maybe join the winning side? Go to Discord.gg/FUC

Last edited:

Aisling HQ like their haulers to play in PG, which is somewhat questionable from a fair play perspective. And Aisling HQ are quite content to see their non-PG colleagues attempting to play fairly in Open get destroyed and wont venture into Open to help.

I mean, it sounds pretty low to me. I hang out with a bunch of murderhobo gankers all day, and even we are more brave and honorable than that.
1. Who is Aisling HQ? Do you mean ADC? ADC has no preference. Play what you like. As a side note, MoMo's squadron, AWC is actually OOPP.
2. PG / Solo are not questionable from a fair play perspective unless you're about to tell me that FDev, the game's creators, who have the stance that "All modes are equal" are also against fair play.
3. ADC doesn't have like this league of PVPers sitting around all day like fuel rats looking for haulers to defend in Cubeo. Taking an instance of someone not receiving prompt PVP defense as some global standard is a bit unreasonable

Basically, you're foolishly misguided and I suspect you've been indoctrinated. I suggest using your head before making future comments.

It is an unfortunate aspect of PP that FDev has refused to touch other than proposing it on the Focused Feedback years ago. It is sad cause a vast majority of the respondents in that FF post were for changing PP to Open Only, but it was derailed either by a few people who were against it (and a lot of them openly said that they didn't even participate in PP) and/or realizing that they would have to put development time into PP which is sacrilegious to them it seems.

Unfortunately, to get FDev's attention on what I view is a game or mode breaking problem, we need to raise our voices and call it out. I wish all powers, including AD, would actually get together and say that PP needs to move to Open Only, but that seems extremely unlikely unfortunately.

If you're genuinely trying to understand what's being said, you're doing a terrible job of it. ADC doesn't tell our haulers how to haul, but we do prefer to share tips on how to avoid ganking rather than sending people to fight to defend haulers. Fighting doesn't really have any tangible benefit when it's pretty easy to teach our haulers how not to get ganked. If people want to play in open and not communicate with us, that's not really our problem. In all your screenshots, I have yet to recognize a username from our comms server. If anything, you might be helping us out by destroying people who aren't prioritizing the right fortification systems, so thanks for that I guess.

Unfortunately, to get FDev's attention on what I view is a game or mode breaking problem, we need to raise our voices and call it out. I wish all powers including AD would actually get together and say that PP needs to move to Open Only, but that seems extremely unlikely unfortunately.
I'd be pretty happy if FDev made PP Open Only, as would many in ADC. It would be very nice if we could intercept and shoot down the 5C running hundreds of thousands of merits of prep to HIP 1572 every week. But it's not right now, so shaming us into acting like it is for your amusement is kind of disingenuous when our enemies take advantage of PG and Solo play to hurt us.

I'd be pretty happy if FDev made PP Open Only, as would many in ADC. It would be very nice if we could intercept and shoot down the 5C running hundreds of thousands of merits of prep to HIP 1572 every week. But it's not right now, so shaming us into acting like it is for your amusement is kind of disingenuous when our enemies take advantage of PG and Solo play to hurt us.

I think it would help sort out some of the 5C issues if they moved to OOPP, barring other issues such as instancing and blocking players which would need to be addressed as well.

The shaming, in my opinion, comes from the fact that there are players in ADC (some are in this thread) that constantly accuse Federal pilots of hiding in Solo/PG for PP activities while they are doing it themselves. It is downright hilarious to see people like Mageinta calling it out while sitting in a PG of his or her own. I can tell you that the feeling of disdain that you have for 5Cers that you cannot see, is pretty much the same when you're in a PP system and you see your opposition continually progressing while not seeing anyone from that opposition.

Is that instancing or Solo/PG? Who knows to be frank. I tend to lean more towards Solo/PG when it comes to AD though from the policy ADC has on it and from the evidence from friends lists or chats that we have. Makes me miss when ALD was the Feds main rival as we would actually see them.

I think it would help sort out some of the 5C issues if they moved to OOPP, barring other issues such as instancing and blocking players which would need to be addressed as well.

The shaming, in my opinion, comes from the fact that there are players in ADC (some are in this thread) that constantly accuse Federal pilots of hiding in Solo/PG for PP activities while they are doing it themselves. It is downright hilarious to see people like Mageinta calling it out while sitting in a PG of his or her own. I can tell you that the feeling of disdain that you have for 5Cers that you cannot see, is pretty much the same when you're in a PP system and you see your opposition continually progressing while not seeing anyone from that opposition.

Is that instancing or Solo/PG? Who knows to be frank. I tend to lean more towards Solo/PG when it comes to AD though from the policy ADC has on it and from the evidence from friends lists or chats that we have. Makes me miss when ALD was the Feds main rival as we would actually see them.
I don't call people out for using PGs. I was calling out SK1701's apparent desire to join my PG to engage in jolly cooperation despite SK1701's alleged disdain for such jolly cooperation. I fully support PG / Solo usage and I have always told people in our discord that PG / Solo is the optimal method when it comes to achieving goals.

I don't call people out for using PGs. I was calling out SK1701's apparent desire to join my PG to engage in jolly cooperation despite SK1701's alleged disdain for such jolly cooperation. I fully support PG / Solo usage and I have always told people in our discord that PG / Solo is the optimal method when it comes to achieving goals.

You said in the past that to kill us, that we would need to play in open... that isn't shaming? I call that shaming, especially when it is a lie.

You said in the past that to kill us, that we would need to play in open... that isn't shaming? I call that shaming, especially when it is a lie.
It's not shaming. It's a true statement. You do need to play in open for other CMDRs to kill you. It's why the most effective way to do powerplay is to play in PG / Solo. Because then other CMDRs cannot kill you, nor disrupt your progress. I don't fault the feds that play in PG / Solo (of which there are many) for doing so because it's effective. And it's why I advocate the same.

It's not shaming. It's a true statement. You do need to play in open for other CMDRs to kill you. It's why the most effective way to do powerplay is to play in PG / Solo. Because then other CMDRs cannot kill you, nor disrupt your progress. I don't fault the feds that play in PG / Solo (of which there are many) for doing so because it's effective. And it's why I advocate the same.

Of course doing PP in solo or PG is the most effective way to succeed. All it does is turn PP into a "whoever has the most manpower wins" mode instead of being a "whoever deploys there manpower most effectively wins" mode; in an environment where all PP powers only use Solo/PG, only the powers with the most manpower succeed while the rest die. So, please continue to advocate for a boring and static PP where only the most populous PP factions can do anything.

I'd like to see your proof on there are many Feds that play in Solo/PG. Just using the example of Mbambiva last week for Winters, a total of 943,735 merits were hauled to that expansion. Of that, 912,530 merits were recorded from commanders within the FLC, which would of all been done in Open. That means at least 96.7% of the merits hauled to Mbambiva were done in Open; the rest may have been not sheeted by FLC CMDRs which would make that percentage higher, or it was done by randoms who could of hauled in any mode.

Of course doing PP in solo or PG is the most effective way to succeed. All it does is turn PP into a "whoever has the most manpower wins" mode instead of being a "whoever deploys there manpower most effectively wins" mode; in an environment where all PP powers only use Solo/PG, only the powers with the most manpower succeed while the rest die. So, please continue to advocate for a boring and static PP where only the most populous PP factions can do anything.

I'd like to see your proof on there are many Feds that play in Solo/PG. Just using the example of Mbambiva last week for Winters, a total of 943,735 merits were hauled to that expansion. Of that, 912,530 merits were recorded from commanders within the FLC, which would of all been done in Open. That means at least 96.7% of the merits hauled to Mbambiva were done in Open; the rest may have been not sheeted by FLC CMDRs which would make that percentage higher, or it was done by randoms who could of hauled in any mode.
I will continue to advocate for people playing the game as it currently exists optimally, yes. I'm going to let you in on a secret regarding FLC tho. Just because their "in house rules" say that must be open only, doesn't mean that the CMDRs are being held to those standards. Why, the pope of Open Only SK1701 has previously stated that they've killed CMDRs in their own PGs in the past. If true, surely this is a violation of the Open Only position Pope SK1701 maintains.

Top Bottom