Discussion Joystick gremlin profile!

Good evening,

Anyone having a complete profile or recommended plugin for Joystick Gremlin for easy mapping for VPC-MongoosT MT-50CM throttle? As Elite Dangerous always resetting my mapped button because their stupid 32 button limit is frustrating and need to remap almost every ***nig time I restart the game. You should learn from DCS they can have more than 32 DX button/device without issue.

Kind regards
/e33et

Last edited:
This stems from a Windows DirectInput only supporting up to 32 buttons. This has been upgraded to now support upto 128 buttons per device. Unfortunately it's now up to FD to take advantage of that.

This stems from a Windows DirectInput only supporting up to 32 buttons. This has been upgraded to now support upto 128 buttons per device. Unfortunately it's now up to FD to take advantage of that.

Yeah I hope so, Fdev seems to be late to implenent proper support, why have more than 32 button in the game but doesn't allow to use them becuase of old stupid 32 button limit API like DCS does or even Star Citizen.

C'mon Frontier it's 2021 and you are stuck with 32 button limit per devices, shouldn't be that hard to update your API if Windows support this already. Hope to get some response from FDEV

Use mapped keys for buttons then bind in ED.
At least in ED they allow key-combos which dramatically increase the input options.

It's a work around, I know, but hey...

Clicker

Use mapped keys for buttons then bind in ED.
At least in ED they allow key-combos which dramatically increase the input options.

It's a work around, I know, but hey...

Clicker
But their old standard 32 button/devices limit is still a headace if you not want to use Joystick Gremlin as an third-party. They should follow the Windows Joystick API that support a lot more than 32 button/device!

...and if you don't use JG, then all your controllers (ie stick and throttle) have 32 DX buttons and 8 DX axes each...how many do you need?

...and if you don't use JG, then all your controllers (ie stick and throttle) have 32 DX buttons and 8 DX axes each...how many do you need?

If you search for Virpil MongoosT 50CM or 50CM3, u got up to 128 buttons + 5 SHIFT mode, so that is the issue with the ED joystick API, because it can't remeber my presets if I've go over the 32 DX button limit, and that is sad cause it's a great game/sim otherwise.

Last edited:
Top Bottom