ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey PC Launch Date

which is a grind

Yes, you don't have to grind and you don't have to engineer everything and unlock all the guardian tech etc. but that's basically how Frontier designed the game. Even Powerplay is a grind although you get to choose the type of grind, you're not limited to just hauling or just combat.

My fear is that Odyssey will be introducing another long-term grind. All new materials, all new engineers, all new unlocks to add to the current grinds and make one huge grinding extravaganza.

But I won't care too much if they optimize it properly lol. I gave up on the alpha, it felt like my PC was gonna melt.

Maybe ask FDEV to give you a 'creative mode' like NMS ? ;)

I'll be honest, i think that release date is risky as not having a Beta, although the Alpha could be a beta as it was tested by users rather than developers, and no volume testing has yet been done across the whole game.
I am fed up of companies releasing games which are bug ridden and not optimised, this can do more damage to a reputation than delaying a release a few weeks.
I have played the Alpha, but graphics need a lot of work (human movement) and 3 weeks from Alpha to release is just poor practice, especially as FD still don't know what is wrong in Phase 4.
I thought FD was better than this.

I've experienced betas that were far rougher around the edges than Odyssey's alpha, though I prefer taking may 19th PC release as the beta phase and the gold release will be when console versions will launch :)

Maybe ask FDEV to give you a 'creative mode' like NMS ? ;)
I'm not really familiar with NMS but I remember a while back I was excited because there seemed to be assets for buildings uncovered, leading to speculation we'd be able to build our own surface bases.

On the one had I would LOVE that. On the other hand it would be probably be such an enormous grind I'd pull the rest of my hair out trying to accomplish anything.

I have a explorabeluga that is engineered to f for jump range, useablity and flexibility

it has a fighter bay, soon 4 SRV bays and a 50yr jump range, full mining and research capabilities, depending on if any new ship modules come with EDO.

and it cost $300m and a ton of mats :ROFLMAO:

Coriolis link here

PS: if anyone can tell me how to get the heat down a little it would be appreciated :ROFLMAO:
don't mean to be rude here but Your build makes little sense to me. Beam laser? 6A shields? if You happen to pick a fight with this ship I am sorry to brake it out to You but heat won't be your biggest problem.

don't mean to be rude here but Your build makes little sense to me. Beam laser? 6A shields? if You happen to pick a fight with this ship I am sorry to brake it out to You but heat won't be your biggest problem.
laser is for things like guardian structures that need powering up, stellar anomalies for "poke" testing" . Shields are for bouncing off planets and anomolies.

Final build links here for Coriolis and EDSY
^ from another thread with links to my final build, heat well under control, shields take a bounce pretty well and ship feels good to fly

So the Odyssey launch Livestream is on Twitch on Thursday 20th May at 15:00 BST. Why is that a day later than the launch? IIRC during Horizons launch there was an all-day stream on the day of the launch. Or has the launch been postponed? I guess during the 11 hours server downtime we'll have to play someone else's games instead of watching Elite stuff.

Also, the Twitch schedule one Twitch shows cancelled Supercruise news sessions, like on Tuesday 18th, but these still appear on the stream schedule post in this forum.

So the Odyssey launch Livestream is on Twitch on Thursday 20th May at 15:00 BST. Why is that a day later than the launch?

11 hour downtime! Unless you want to sit there for 11 hours watching a blank screen it's not surprising that the actual twitch takes place the following day because it will be the following day by the time you are able to play!

Thank you FDEV for continuing to invest resources in this product, and for pushing your team to explore new types of game play within the franchise.

Top Bottom