PvP complaining

so I theory-crafted a wonderful krait MKII I am very proud of, after weeks of experimentation, I go to nanomam to see what I can do.

I win a few fights, so I try to take on an elite meta-FDL. of course my shields were stripped in well under a minute, despite my boosting and maneuvering, he successively landed his plasma volleys. This is amazing to me, as when I experimented with PA's on a chieftain, I found them almost impossible to land. (???)

Clearly he was a professional FDL pilot. or... am I accusing him of using some kind of aimbot? ...I suspect the latter -_-;;

then I interdict a federal gunship. From what I see, it should be less maneuverable than even a clipper -- and yet it maneuvered on par with a vulture, both in keeping it's distance and in terms of keeping it's nose on me -- I took fire the entire fight, unable to evade. I did not realize FA off could impart so much agility unto a ship -_-; Unfortunately, despite having 3 module reinforcement packages (~370 points,) and his fine ability to keep significant distance, and my popping as much chaff as I could, my FSD was very quickly destroyed. I spent the next couple of minutes zooming away trying, suffering constant FSD malfunctions. Even after reboot/repair, it simply wouldn't work. Fortunately for him, he managed to stay on my tail whilst continuing to fire (fine distributor, to boost enough to stay on my tail for so long whilst still managing the pips to fire and bring my shields down again.)

oh, and he quickly took out 2 of my elite condor SLFs, both equipped with chaff while he was at it.

So, what, am I accusing him of an agility hack, (amongst others?) ...basically. I am extremely impressed with his ability to punch through hundreds of points of module reinforcements, through chaffing, to wreck my FSD, especially, that it was incessantly malfunctioning (for 1-2 minutes straight. I guess it was indeed knocked down to 2%. Must have taken ~450 points of damage to that module in a relatively fast period of time.)

As I recount the event, and review his ship's capabilities, I am moderately convinced he was hacking. So, when I log in again I will submit a report for the last 'killed me' contact.

But what is to be done? I cannot prove it. Maybe I am wrong. I'm not going to report the FDL, perhaps he really was so good. (in which case I suggest the FDL be nerfed moderately to significantly.) .....and having lost another 10 million to the rebuy screen, I'm looking forward to another ~hour of grind to restore my coffers.

I just, I think I need to make a more resolute decision to quit. Forum-goers insist that ~1% of players cheat, but I think it is significantly more than that and enough to completely ruin the game.

If something can't be done, then the game simply doesn't work.

finally -- there is no good way to rationalize purchasing Odyssey if solo grind climaxes into situations such as this.

So you brought your first PvP ship to a party, "theory-crafted" yourself a wonderful (in theory) ship, and it got dismantled by someone with experience.

That doesn't mean they were cheating.

The fact that there's a video out there of a completely different dude cheating doesn't mean that these dudes were cheating.

Not long ago you posted a thread about trying to take on a wing of three very agile ships in a turretboat T10 (lol) and you were asking if they were cheating too.

So you had chaff? Great. Chaff don't do jack against fixed weapons, which PAs and rails always are.

What alarmed me:

• I did not realize FA off could impart so much agility unto a ship
  • and my popping as much chaff as I could
  • Even after reboot/repair
  • took out 2 of my elite condor SLFs
You lack a lot of experience. Pvp dont use slf. Pvp use fixed weapons. pvp fly fa off. Reboot in a pvp is admitting to the rebuy screen.

(your ship should have been much faster. You could have gotten away if you took the time)

so I theory-crafted a wonderful krait MKII I am very proud of, after weeks of experimentation, I go to nanomam to see what I can do.

I win a few fights, so I try to take on an elite meta-FDL. of course my shields were stripped in well under a minute, despite my boosting and maneuvering, he successively landed his plasma volleys. This is amazing to me, as when I experimented with PA's on a chieftain, I found them almost impossible to land. (???)

Clearly he was a professional FDL pilot. or... am I accusing him of using some kind of aimbot? ...I suspect the latter -_-;;

then I interdict a federal gunship. From what I see, it should be less maneuverable than even a clipper -- and yet it maneuvered on par with a vulture, both in keeping it's distance and in terms of keeping it's nose on me -- I took fire the entire fight, unable to evade. I did not realize FA off could impart so much agility unto a ship -_-; Unfortunately, despite having 3 module reinforcement packages (~370 points,) and his fine ability to keep significant distance, and my popping as much chaff as I could, my FSD was very quickly destroyed. I spent the next couple of minutes zooming away trying, suffering constant FSD malfunctions. Even after reboot/repair, it simply wouldn't work. Fortunately for him, he managed to stay on my tail whilst continuing to fire (fine distributor, to boost enough to stay on my tail for so long whilst still managing the pips to fire and bring my shields down again.)

oh, and he quickly took out 2 of my elite condor SLFs, both equipped with chaff while he was at it.

So, what, am I accusing him of an agility hack, (amongst others?) ...basically. I am extremely impressed with his ability to punch through hundreds of points of module reinforcements, through chaffing, to wreck my FSD, especially, that it was incessantly malfunctioning (for 1-2 minutes straight. I guess it was indeed knocked down to 2%. Must have taken ~450 points of damage to that module in a relatively fast period of time.)

As I recount the event, and review his ship's capabilities, I am moderately convinced he was hacking. So, when I log in again I will submit a report for the last 'killed me' contact.

But what is to be done? I cannot prove it. Maybe I am wrong. I'm not going to report the FDL, perhaps he really was so good. (in which case I suggest the FDL be nerfed moderately to significantly.) .....and having lost another 10 million to the rebuy screen, I'm looking forward to another ~hour of grind to restore my coffers.

I just, I think I need to make a more resolute decision to quit. Forum-goers insist that ~1% of players cheat, but I think it is significantly more than that and enough to completely ruin the game.

finally -- there is no good way to rationalize purchasing Odyssey if solo grind climaxes into situations such as this.

Do you know what the actual capabilities of min maxed PvP ships are in the hands of experienced PvPrs? In all my years playing Elite, I've only come across a "suspect" player once, and even then it was borderline possible. You seem to have made up your mind that there's rampant cheating in the game even though you have no proof other than anecdotal stories with no videos of the fights.

Do you know what the actual capabilities of min maxed PvP ships are in the hands of experienced PvPrs? In all my years playing Elite, I've only come across a "suspect" player once, and even then it was borderline possible. You seem to have made up your mind that there's rampant cheating in the game even though you have no proof other than anecdotal stories with no videos of the fights.
Honestly I wanna see the guy's build.

Seriously, OP, post your build and we might be able to tell you why it fell apart. We get a lot of people on these forums complaining about their "fully engineered" ships dying but then it turns out they're doing stuff like overcharging beam lasers and wondering why their distro sputters out in seconds.

so you guys enjoy gaslighting.
I know the game well enough to know a gunship is not a vulture.

Your threads tell me two things.

1. You don't know it anything like as well as you think you do.
2. You never will because as soon as something happens that you don't expect, you refuse to accept it could be due to your own sub-optimal skills and lack of understanding and start with the hackusations.

I used to play another online game which was full of people like you. They were amusing too.

I'm sure you're sitting there right now thinking 'No I know I'm good at this' and the thing is mate, that's exactly why you never will be.

2. You never will because as soon as something happens that you don't expect, you refuse to accept it could be due to your own sub-optimal skills and lack of understanding and start with the hackusations.

I used to play another online game which was full of people like you. They were amusing too.

I'm sure you're sitting there right now thinking 'No I know I'm good at this' and the thing is mate, that's exactly why you never will be.
This is spot on!

I think the OP is grossly overestimating his own ships capabilities knowledge and skill level, and as soon as something doesn't go the way he expects, in his mind there's no other possible explanation but hacking. I've seen that type of attitude before in other games too!

The post right above mine by @Screemonster tells him exactly what to do - as a minimum post his build (including engineering) and better still, post a combat video.

There are loads of players on here who are happy to give help to people but when all they have to go on is somebody posting 'oh noes teh hax!' especially when that person seems to have a fairly loose grasp of the game (at least when operating at the fairly rarefied altitude of experienced PVPers) they aren't going to be able to offer much, which then only serves to reinforce OP's belief than something other than just a better player is to blame.

I doubt he will though because they hardly ever do. Some people seem to find it easier to question others than themselves.

Unity hackers would say that :D

Edit: Chill Winstons he isn't actually a hacker but was accused of being one when he killed a player in a game we played together years ago.

Top Bottom