Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

The Mandalorian helmet is a subscriber perk...subbies get lots of cool cosmetic stuff. Most of the coolest stuff isn't free though...Ci¬G marketing snakes and all that. Prices aren't extortionate or anything, 4 or 5 bucks for a nice set of armour etc. It's cosmetics though, so I have no disagreement with it any more than I have with ship paints or kits in ED... Lots of it is included with your subscription though, as well as a ship of the month which you can use for that month. Think it's a 600i and a 600 touring this month, can't remember. I drop in and out with the subbie thing...if there's something cool cosmetic wise I want, I'll drop $10 for a months subscription :)
I am pleased that CIG are taking the opportunity to licence other parties' IPs so people can play them in game. I so want a Eddie Stobbart skin for my T9 (originally wanted for my T7, but that is now repurposed in white to do station rescues).

At least, I assume CIG are properly licencing the Mandalorian stuff because Disney can get very protective of their stuff 🤔

I am pleased that CIG are taking the opportunity to licence other parties' IPs so people can play them in game. I so want a Eddie Stobbart skin for my T9 (originally wanted for my T7, but that is now repurposed in white to do station rescues).

At least, I assume CIG are properly licencing the Mandalorian stuff because Disney can get very protective of their stuff :O
I don't like the fact that Disney takes financial advantage from a scam. They should exercise more scutiny towards their licensed stuff.

This whole "wipe your progress over and over" approach is a real arrow in the knee of my enthusiasm...
There hasn't been a wipe in a while. But the game is in alpha. Don't expect it to remember your state while you're playing it (like where you were or what items you had on you, etc.).

I don't own the game, FYI.

I haven't had a reset at all yet, and i have bought a lot of expensive ships with in game money, its been at least a year, maybe more since this level of persistence between patches came in.

Standard caveat that you did own $350 worth of ships, with all their earning power, before earning expensive ships in game...

It's one thing for our dear S. Belmont to clamber up the starting rungs from scratch. The journey to major earning power is a bit longer, without putting $ down ;)

Oh crap, that's right - this game gets wiped on a consistent basis, doesn't it?

Oi....

What's the cheapest Cobra-III like ship? I'm not talking design (it doesn't need to look like a Cobra), but rather size and flexibility. I'm assuming one can bypass SC's version of a Sidewinder and buy directly into a better ship as their starter ship.

This whole "wipe your progress over and over" approach is a real arrow in the knee of my enthusiasm...

Wipes have been on hiatus for a while, so you can have a toy around with the systems and keep what you earn for now. Just don't expect to keep it forever is all.

I'd definitely recommend trying the free fly first before buying absolutely anything. See if your rig can run it, marvel at the amount of energy they've wasted on the ship sale showroom alone. Chat to people and find out what might be a fun ship to aim for, and a fun way to get there. Try some of that out.

But for lord's sake, try before you buy...

(PS, if you don't have an SSD don't even bother trying at all. It'll run like poop ;))

They are actively working on upgrading the way the game tracks persistence, which is still CryEngine, they don't directly say that but what they do say is its a mess and incredibly inefficient. iCache is what they are calling it and once everything gets switched over there will be a reset.

Standard caveat that you did own $350 worth of ships, with all their earning power, before earning expensive ships in game...

It's one thing for our dear S. Belmont to clamber up the starting rungs from scratch. The journey to major earning power is a bit longer, without putting $ down ;)

Perhaps, tho i haven't spent anymore money with them for at least as long as this persistence has been in.

Oh crap, that's right - this game gets wiped on a consistent basis, doesn't it?

Oi....

What's the cheapest Cobra-III like ship? I'm not talking design (it doesn't need to look like a Cobra), but rather size and flexibility. I'm assuming one can bypass SC's version of a Sidewinder and buy directly into a better ship as their starter ship.

If you want a ship that do most things decently, like a CM4, you need a ship that's in the triple figures.... or earn one in game and be prepared for an eventual wipe.

You can't sell it?

No, its bought with the money you earn in game, UEC (United Earth Credits) its a currency, like $ / £ / Rubles, the same as ED, you earn money and you buy stuff with it.

Once you bought something you're stuck with it, you can't sell it, you can't disregard it, it just clutters up your inventory.

CIG don't license jack. Had to be taken to court to pay for their engine.

The helmet is not official as it's not called a Mandalorian helmet. It merely looks like one, which is allowed.

CryTek took CIG to court over a disagreement of the licence, CryTek lost.

Whoah, got my name cleaned at Security post Kareah. That was awesome, somebody (AI or player) destroyed my ship when I arrived at Kareah, but I managed to get out before it. No-one came inside the station so could proceed with the hacking stuff without interruptions. Heart still beating, this game really has its moments!

Now, new attempt to go to the ship dealer.

The best "Jack of all trades" ship is the Cutlass Black. its $120 stand alone or $138 as a package, so yeah, @Agony_Aunt is right about that https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/drake-cutlass/Cutlass-Black

It is a favourite in the game, you see them everywhere, and too expensive in my view, its not that it isn't worth it compared to other ships, it is, but $120 for a "high end Starter" if you think about that as the deluxe edition of a AAA game its ridiculous, the Avenger Titan is a very good alternative but even that at $70 is too expensive.

You can earn these ships in game, and its not too difficult or does it take too long but then you have to contend with the possibility of resets.

I would almost like to steam ahead and go straight to Cutlass Black, but on the other hand, I really want to test Avenger Titan and use it as a stepping stone. It is possible to fit ROC inside Avenger Titan?

Edit. By the way, I feel like I'm playing a real game. Earning money and buying a better equipment. Doing missions, and doing what needs to be done if situation requires, like that cleaning my crimestat sidetrack, which was very cool.

Just saying this, because before this week that I have played SC, I too had an opinion about SC that is was not a real game. Because nothing really worked. And yes, I have tested it many times during the years.

But IMHO, now it finally is more about good experiences and less about fighting with bugs. YMMV.

Last edited:
I would almost like to steam ahead and go straight to Cutlass Black, but on the other hand, I really want to test Avenger Titan and use it as a stepping stone. It is possible to fit ROC inside Avenger Titan?
No, the Titan isn't big enough to put any vehicle inside it, you will need the Cutlass black for that.

If you like i can donate 1.2m to you, i don't know how much the Cutty is but that with what money you have should get you most of the way there. i honestly don't mind :)

Top Bottom