Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

No, the Titan isn't big enough to put any vehicle inside it, you will need the Cutlass black for that.

If you like i can donate 1.2m to you, i don't know how much the Cutty is but that with what money you have should get you most of the way there. i honestly don't mind :)
I appreciate the offer, but no thanks, I'm having a good time earning my wings! And no, I don't mind if reset gomes tomorrow eighter :) Just playing the game, it is not about the goal, but the journey. Exactly like in ED.

Nah. As Xink said, it was an out of court settlement. Declaring either side the 'winner' without further info is daft.

If you've got that further info then do lay it on us ;)

CryTek tried to get their own case dismissed without prejudice, why would they do that if they think they are going to win?

CIG and CryTek settled out of court but not before CIG hit back with a request for dismisal with prejudice.

CryTek took CIG to court over a disagreement of the licence, CryTek lost.

I thought it was settled without a judgement out of court?

CIG won the court cases v the terminally ill and the physically disabled who wanted a refund, because they couldn't pay for lengthy Arbitration beforehand, Arbitration which CIG controlled the timeline of completely so they couldn't wait either. Yay CIG!

Again, no they cannot. IP doesn't work like that. Similarity does not infringe on IP. Calling it a "Mandalorian helmet" would be.
The sand wormies was stopped as they infringed the IP, same could apply here, I don’t know if any action would be applied from Disney and neither do you, so let’s not speculate.

The sand wormies was stopped as they infringed the IP, same could apply here, I don’t know if any action would be applied from Disney and neither do you, so let’s not speculate.
Any sources for that? No? Just talking out the cow methane hole then. Ok.

I don't like the fact that Disney takes financial advantage from a scam. They should exercise more scutiny towards their licensed stuff.
Chris Roberts has plagiarised everything from Dune to Star Wars to other space genre games and back again...his designers make that subtle little change so it's not exactly the same but merely similar...saves on the law suits :D

Last edited:
CryTek tried to get their own case dismissed without prejudice, why would they do that if they think they are going to win?

On the face of it, for the reasons they stated:

• Information revealed during discovery suggested the case was not ripe. (The intimated reason was that SQ42 was not on track for release. This has proved to be the case ;))
  • They sought to pause the case until it was. (Hence the 'without prejudice' bit).

CIG and CryTek settled out of court but not before CIG hit back with a request for dismisal with prejudice.

Sure, CIG 'hit back', but the judge didn't grant their request, so not sure why it's relevant.

What's more relevant is that the judge had cleared various of Crytek's claims to proceed to court, and they were moving through discovery on that basis.

---

The short story is that either of them could have ended with the upper hand in the settlement. Or the equivalent of a 'score draw'. We genuinely don't have enough info to know for sure.

But certainly what you're presenting there is not evidence of a CIG win ;)

Because their argument hinged on the fact that CIG was developing two games instead of one. They wanted to wait until SQ42 is released and try again.

I have to admit, the audacity of accidentally outmaneuvering someone because you cannot be bottomed to actually deliver the second game you promised to the people who gave you 400M, is a distatesfully brilliant development.

Crytek said in their "request for dismissal without prejudice" that during Discovery they found out that INFO REDACTED FROM COURT FILING which meant that their case (CryEngine licencing issues for Squadron 42 and Star Citizen) would not be ripe for quite some time. Hence they wanted to dismiss their own case with the option of filing a new one at a later time.

Following the out-of-court settlement, these are probably unrelated coincidences:
  • Squadron 42 wasn't ready for Q3/Q4 2020 (beta, let alone launch) as roadmapped/publicised by CIG throughout 2019 and 2020
  • Squadron 42 no longer has any estimated release timeframes
  • CIG licenced CryEngine again from Crytek

Top Bottom