Ships Anaconda: turrets or gimball ?

Hi guys,

I bought an Anaconda I'd like to use to hunt pirates in RES or limited conflict. The idea is take bounty and to loot them thx to collector limpets. I was wondering if I should stick to my gimballed weapons or switch to turrets with this ship. As she is a big baby ;)

And what kind of lasers should I use between beam, pulse and burst.

Thx !

You will have problems unless you engineer the power distributor. Without engineering it will really struggle to supply the power that lasers need, especially turrets. I think your best chance without engineering is to use all gimballed pulse lasers.

If it's materials you want, go to a low resource extraction site, where the NPCs are all low rank and easy to kill and low bounty money. If it's money you want, go to a High RES and help the police there. An unengineered Anaconda will struggle to survive in any combat arena other than those two because it's too slow and doesn't have enough fire-power.

Fully engineered, you can park an all-turreted one in a low RES overnight with 5T of cargo in your hold. when you check it in the morning, you have 50 mil in bounties and it's still holding off the pirate attacks as long as your point defence got enough of the hatch-breakers. Once the cargo has gone, they don't attack anymore, like fishing when the fish get away with your bait.

Last edited:
Ok thx, so I stick to Gimball for now. I mix Pulse and multicanon weapons.

So when engineering, I should go full pulse turret, no kinetic weapon?

You lose a lot of DPS with turrets so I'd stick with a mix of gimballed and fixed weapons like this https://s.orbis.zone/f291 there is a lot of engineering required though and the class 3 MC could have a corrosive experimental to reduce the targets armour hardness, perhaps the rest of the MC's could use the incendiary experimental to assist shield stripping.

One thing to remember with any ship build is the weapon hardpoint location, e.g. the Anaconda has the 2 x medium + 2 x large on the top the huge, large and 2 x small are on the underside at the rear so will be blocked by the hull if the target is above you and won't fire that's why I use fixed on these hardpoints.

You dont 'need' prismatics...

There are also disadvantages to prismo's. Like the big mass and huge powerdraw. They also lack regeneration. Biggest is not always best.

Hi guys,

I bought an Anaconda I'd like to use to hunt pirates in RES or limited conflict. The idea is take bounty and to loot them thx to collector limpets. I was wondering if I should stick to my gimballed weapons or switch to turrets with this ship. As she is a big baby ;)

And what kind of lasers should I use between beam, pulse and burst.

Thx !
Sounds like your kinda new, go with gimballed till your ready.

You dont 'need' prismatics...

There are also disadvantages to prismo's. Like the big mass and huge powerdraw. They also lack regeneration. Biggest is not always best.

Yeah. Use Prismatics either for PvP or if you expect short term high intensity combat.

For long term combat like RES or CZ use Bi-Weaves and build in resistances.

Well in fact I am not new but I didn't play much 'till last month. So, yeah it's the same :D

So Bi-Weaves? Surprising, I saw prismatic recommanded for big ships on some YouTube videos. At last Bi-Weaves is easier to find. "Build in resistances", is this an engeneering option?

Thx !

Well in fact I am not new but I didn't play much 'till last month. So, yeah it's the same :D

So Bi-Weaves? Surprising, I saw prismatic recommanded for big ships on some YouTube videos. At last Bi-Weaves is easier to find. "Build in resistances", is this an engeneering option?

Thx !
On a big ship I use Prismatics

Thx !

Yeah, you get resistance from engineering. If you are expecting to fight NPCs then I generally go for Thermal Resistance on the shield itself with the Force Block experimental then on a 'Conda I would use 3x Resistance Augmented/Force Block shield boosters (Then 4 Heavy Duty/Super Capacitors leaving you a slot for a Kill Warrant Scanner).

It's better to think about what sort of combat situation you expect when you think about what shield to use. The longer you're going to stay in a combat environment, the more recharge time you're going to have (all the time in between actually being shot at), and so the more extra value you will get from Bi-Weave shields. In that configuration above on an Anaconda then if you spend 4.5 minutes recharging over a combat session (not unreasonable if you're stacking a few massacre missions as you can happily fight for an hour or so) you will have had more value out of the bi-weaves than prismatics because you'll have recharged enough extra to make up the difference in starting strength.

And every point of resistance you add to shields makes every point of regeneration (or shield cell bank) more valuable. Big ships can hit 57-60% on all three resistances meaning that every point you recharge actually gives you 2 points of incoming damage back.

If you're going to be in a high intensity but relatively short or one off combat, then the extra base strength of Prismatic shields will pay off more. Especially if you're going into PvP where you will encounter more weapons that do absolute damage (rail and plasma, which NPCs do use but not to the same degree), and you're more likely to be under consistent fire because players are better shots and better at keeping you in arc than NPCs suppressing the extra regeneration, and so building for absolute base strength is valuable if you want to either fight back or escape an interdict to deliver your merits.

Last edited:
Well, I never tried PVP I mostly play solo or with friends. Progressing is already difficult don't want to try my luck in full open where someone just decide to vaporate my ship just because why not.

So if I understand correctly, Bi-Weaves should be better for me.

Thx !
Prismatics with shield cell banks and heatsinks or biweave. It makes little difference. I think the prismatics are better for CZs and Biweave better for RES bounty farming.

I prefer all lasers because you don't have to keep running back for ammo. If you're only going to play short sessions (30 mins) then multicannons and lasers work well, but for optimum earnings rate, it has to be an all laser load-out. Avoid beam lasers because they can get you assault charges when they land on the wrong ship.

So I'll try with Bi-Weaves first, at last no farming to test this! I was also wondering for a full laser build. I guess it is full pulse, not burst?

So I'll try with Bi-Weaves first, at last no farming to test this! I was also wondering for a full laser build. I guess it is full pulse, not burst?

If you go for full laser build just take my PvE CZ Corvette and adjust it to Anaconda (same base idea works for both ships). https://s.orbis.zone/f39d That has been proven to work excellently in PvE giving me for example Top 10 (not Top 10%) in a Conflict Zone Community Goal.

Top Bottom