Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is really funny. Of all the worst possible choices to make after wedging this busted update out there and riding it 3 weeks the worst of those is now to pull it back and deal with all the patches profile data and purchased assets that now would need to be discarded and undone, unless they also have snapshots of all player data from prior to the deployment. Oh and I'd need a dump truck of popcorn for the discussion after three weeks of progress is rolled back especially for players that started with Odyssey, as if they have not been crotch kicked hard enough.

You may as well ask the sun to come up in the west.

Disclaimer, to avoid people strangely trying to insert themselves into every 'we' ever. 'We' in this case, is my squad, most people who frequent my discord (about 200 skilled, active players), everyone I know who plays BGS to any decent level, and a whole bunch of random people I've discussed it with. Every 'we' does not have to cover every population, otherwise every statement of 'we' ever made would by necessity include the whole human race.

But I expected nothing less from this forum. :)

This is really funny. Of all the worst possible choices to make after wedging this busted update out there and riding it 3 weeks the worst of those is now to pull it back and deal with all the patches profile data and purchased assets that now would need to be discarded and undone, unless they also have snapshots of all player data from prior to the deployment. Oh and I'd need a dump truck of popcorn for the discussion after three weeks of progress is rolled back especially for players that started with Odyssey, as if they have not been crotch kicked hard enough.

You may as well ask the sun to come up in the west.
I dont' think so, they could just disable the menu option, freeze odyssey and transfer the incremented Horizons stuff when ready for release again, but you might be right. I'm just lamenting the loss of so much of what we had. I don't even want to log into horizons, after 7000 steam hours (4000 in flight), and I'm gonna make some noise about it. :)

I just want the few open players all in the same place again, and this ongoing debacle is killing the game, more people uninstall every day.

I think you missed the thread title ...
"Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready..."
OP doesn't speak for me, or for anyone other than him/herself

Also, ninja'd
You're right I did miss that, so good spot. Obviously I can't read the OP's mind, but clearly everyone is going to have to wait for it be ready regardless of whether its rolled back or not, so you can just as easily read it as a personal view point than speaking for all, i.e. we 'can', rather than 'we all want to or demand to'.

Edit: Now Superceeded by the Op's clarification!

Disclaimer, to avoid people strangely trying to insert themselves into every 'we' ever. 'We' in this case, is my squad, most people who frequent my discord (about 200 skilled, active players), everyone I know who plays BGS to any decent level, and a whole bunch of random people I've discussed it with. Every 'we' does not have to cover every population, otherwise every statement of 'we' ever made would by necessity include the whole human race.

But I expected nothing less from this forum. :)
people will always find a way to "NOT ME, IM DIFFERENT" even tho it ain't targeted to them, i guess we get used to it with time

I dont' think so, they could just disable the menu option, freeze odyssey and transfer the incremented Horizons stuff when ready for release again, but you might be right. I'm just lamenting the loss of so much of what we had. I don't even want to log into horizons, after 7000 steam hours (4000 in flight), and I'm gonna make some noise about it. :)

I just want the few open players all in the same place again, and this ongoing debacle is killing the game, more people uninstall every day.

I get where you are coming from. I do. But you're yelling at clouds for blocking the sun. The only way past is through.

Deleted member 192138

D
At this point I'm just not going to touch Elite and play other games. After creating and contributing to probably over 20 issues on the tracker at this stage, for what was meant to be a full release, I'm frankly too disgusted at the business approach that pushed to get this out there along with the promises made that optimisation issues, backwards planetary tech and all the rest of it were just the alpha build and would be sorted by the time it was pushed out to us - nah. Still unusable UIs, when they were working fine in Horizons.

Washing my hands for now. Maybe Frontier will have fixed it up in months time but I'm not going to waste energy trying to make this work. If Frontier wanted to do QA testing, a proper beta phase, actually implement any of the issues players raised for the alpha - nope. Asking to get things fixed isn't worth the energy. If all you're doing is scanning the same proc-gen placed space plant asset and having fun, all power to you. Hope you think it was worth the cash you dropped on it for that plus an Instagram filter on the sky box.

Most people I play with are basically on an indefinite break at this point and none of us are in a hurry to turn that around.
Can you explain the issue for those of us who might have missed it in the video?
Much as I'd like to be the most evasive PvPer in Elite, there's no way myself and Salty spent minutes trying to shoot each other with PAs and not land a single volley. The targeting reticule was completely scuffed and had no relevance to vectors. On top of this, the instance was totally borked and whilst we were boosting at each other, on the other player's clients it looked like we were reversing away at full speed.

My perspective - mute it if you're fragile. [REDACTED: Content does not comply with forum rules, i.e. profanity.]
Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1040718300

Last edited by a moderator:
fracturing the playerbase.
The player base won't be fractured entirely forever. they plan to Unify Horizons and Odyssey after the console releases (and I Imagine after they Decombobulate the mess they made at launch. I have a strong feeling they knew this DLC was going to be a dumpsterfire hence why they segregated the experience between horizons and Odyssey.

Deleted member 192138

D
The player base won't be fractured entirely forever. they plan to Unify Horizons and Odyssey after the console releases (and I Imagine after they Decombobulate the mess they made at launch. I have a strong feeling they knew this DLC was going to be a dumpsterfire hence why they segregated the experience between horizons and Odyssey.
How long? 6 months? A year?

I play Elite for PvP. If the pool of players is split so I can't instance with them, or I have to coordinate extra time to organise and switch between game modes and all the rest of it ...

Sorry, I'm going to play something else. A lot of PvPers are too. A game where we can actually get action and don't have to jump through ever increasing hoops to make something happen. No PvP community for half a year plus, invested in developing skills and gameplay in something else, no community left to come back to - don't really see a lot of us returning any time soon for empty gameplay.

Just means the only PvPers left will be gankers that will pull any target in an engineering system. That is the effect of a split player base. Won't just be PvPers that stop bothering - anybody in player groups that want consistency of input/output (BGS comes to mind) as well as players that want to be able to just fly with each other with stable instancing - will be having similar thoughts the more the bugs build up. It just hits PvPers harder because our gameplay is entirely dependent on being able to instance with each other.

Quite a funny thread.

So, let' see: "This weekend my family will get into the car and we go off to visit my parents".

Based on some statements above, it should be just a matter of minutes before somebody tells me that he doesn't know my parents and feels insulted that i would think he would also be there... :D

I was about to give the new patch a try today, but I think imma just uninstall until one of the following happens...

Odyssey works as well as Horizons
Odyssey is rescinded and we go back to Horizons until above criteria is met, so at least the playerbase isn't totally fractured.

Even shooting weapons is broken...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfW47GxwPmA

Disclaimer, to avoid arrogant people thinking that I am trying to speak for them by inserting themselves into every 'we' ever. 'We' in this case, is my squad, most people who frequent my discord (about 200 skilled, active players), everyone I know who plays BGS to any decent level, and a whole bunch of random people I've discussed it with. Every 'we' does not have to cover every population, otherwise every statement of 'we' ever made would by necessity include the whole human race.
Aash,

Most people on this forum don't use plasma accelerators, so they wouldn't know how ridiculous trying to use them now is. I think you already know that.

There is a silver lining to this Odyssey debacle though, and that is more Commanders are realizing that Elite Dangerous development is not the focus of Frontier Developments anymore. That Frontier is about corporate growth. That out- sourcing is favored over core designer retention. That Frontier knows full well what the majority of the player base would like, but does not listen and gives us a mediocre first person shooter instead. That Frontier falsely advertises a DLC as finished when it is early access. That Frontier uses and abuses our good will by having us test the game and charging us for it. That Frontier does not actually tell us its Actual Roadmap because it would probably crush many of our souls.

I have over 5000 hours in this game and played it for hours every day from August 2017 until May 16, 2021.

:(

Quite a funny thread.

So, let' see: "This weekend my family will get into the car and we go off to visit my parents".

Based on some statements above, it should be just a matter of minutes before somebody tells me that he doesn't know my parents and feels insulted that i would think he would also be there... :D

You might have a stronger point if your statement was "Please, WE all want to visit my parents, everyone get in the car" ;)

Last edited:
Aash,

Most people on this forum don't use plasma accelerators, so they wouldn't know how ridiculous trying to use them now is. I think you already know that.

There is a silver lining to this Odyssey debacle though, and that is more Commanders are realizing that Elite Dangerous development is not the focus of Frontier Developments anymore. That Frontier is about corporate growth. That out- sourcing is favored over core designer retention. That Frontier knows full well what the majority of the player base would like, but does not listen and gives us a mediocre first person shooter instead. That Frontier falsely advertises a DLC as finished when it is early access. That Frontier uses and abuses our good will by having us test the game and charging us for it. That Frontier does not actually tell us its Actual Roadmap because it would probably crush many of our souls.

I have over 5000 hours in this game and played it for hours every day from August 2017 until May 16, 2021.

:(

I noticed even the NPC Vulture was having a hell of a time landing one last night. At least my rails still work!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom