Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Was it a part of anarchy systems collapse issue?
I haven't really been following BGS lately, just did some jobs and combat when my faction was in need.
Honestly, I don't know details, I just hear the people crying in mine and other communities, I was involved in BGS long ago, but for a long time now all I do is pvp.But yes, I understand it's the collapse of anarchy that is the main cause, but not only, there have been other weird things going on and also, odyssey enabled groups who could act fast to heavily sway many systems in their favour in a short period of time, due to wildly unbalanced effects from different activities, leaving long time rivals also having lost years of progress.

I also didn't mean to ignore your post asking for details of the copy paste planets, again those shots aren't mine though, so I don't have details on those, but this post highlights the same issue...

So let me get this straight: FDev needs to roll back Odyssey because too many people are playing it and messing up the BGS.

LOL.

Well that, and the OP never wanted space legs and thought it was a waste of the Devs time, also they're worried that there won't be enough people to PvP with the games being separate. - I took his invitation to read his post history, but I'm sure they'll claim I'm straw-manning.

So let me get this straight: FDev needs to roll back Odyssey because too many people are playing it and messing up the BGS.

LOL.
are you seriously suggesting that what years of work having been lost by hundreds of players whose main playstyle is the BGS, is either not important or made up? And no I didn't state that as a reason to rollback, feel free to go back and read what I said more carefully.

Plus that doesn't even make sense, player numbers are hugely down. I get teh feeling that you knew deep down this post wasn't funny or clever, and that's why you put a capital LOL.

Last edited:
Well that, and the OP never wanted space legs and thought it was a waste of the Devs time, also they're worried that there won't be enough people to PvP with the games being separate. - I took his invitation to read his post history, but I'm sure they'll claim I'm straw-manning.
No, I still totally believe that this should never have been done. But that doesn't mean it can't be done right, or that the game doesn't need saving. I'm not whining that it happened, that would be pointless, I'm trying to make the best of it with everyone else. Like I told you, you clearly think I'm something I'm not, I don't know why you don't engage with me and instead just keep trying to get a snarky trip up in.

While you also agree with someone who clearly feels that huge amounts of lost player time measured in years is unimportant compared to their three weeks of carebearing in odyssey. Please...that's just...meh, can't say on this forum.

Last edited:
I hope they can hand craft at least some important stuff if they won't reroll the planets.
Yep, and the good news is... they don't have to hancraft existing horizon planets.
They just have to make sure that the new planet generation system can generate both legacy (horizon) AND the new odyssey version, then flag some specific planets
as version 1 instead of version 2 to present them as they are/were in horizon.
Seems to me the 'easiest' way to keep everybody happy (not saying that it is easy, but certainly easier that handcrafting all DWE, pomeche, your canyons,...)

Why are you so butthurt about game? Yeah, its kinda more than just a game, but still. This is just turn to complete crazy insane madness. Let them fix bugs and improve performance for ty grandpas pcs, then we will see, ok?

Last edited:
are you seriously suggesting that what years of work having been lost by hundreds of players whose main playstyle is the BGS, is either not important or made up? And no I didn't state that as a reason to rollback, feel free to go back and read what I said more carefully.

Plus that doesn't even make sense, player numbers are hugely down. I get teh feeling that you knew deep down this post wasn't funny or clever, and that's why you put a capital LOL.
  • LOL is an acronym, hence it is properly capitalised. Feel free to look that up when you are brushing up on the proper usage of “we all”.
  • Player numbers on Steamcharts are not bad when compared to past history.
  • Yeah, I’m not losing sleep over the BGS.

Why are you so butthurt about game? Yeah, its kinda more than just a game, but still. This is just turn to complete crazy insane madness. Let them fix bugs and improve performance for ty grandpas pcs, then we will see, ok?
Why you so butthurt that they are butthurt!? Live an let live dude

I'm totally not butthurt, I'm enjoying the quality gameplay of collecting colorful ships atm:
1623445106567.png

No worries.
Elite Dangerous is a fantastic thing. A 1:1 copy of the Milky way and the Most Challenging Yet Fun flight model, ever.

But, I had a dream of what Elite might become. A template for player generated stories like Mass Effect, for instance. Or imagine procedurely generated atmospheres. Procedurally generated geography based on procedurally generated atmospheres and planets. Procedurally generated flora and fauna based on procedurally generated atmospheres and geology. A virtual galaxy ripe for modelling, etc.

However I realize now that it is extremely unlikely that the game will have the significant resources that that vision may require. I hope I am wrong.

But you have a different dream and hopefully more likely to be realized.

o7
:)
That sounds like a good game. A great game. You should make it.

Meanwhile, we'll play the game FDev made.

Here's a 5th one:
1623445432793.png

That's a bit too much, I don't need this many of this kind, can anyone offer something else in exchange?
I only have 1 blue cobra.

Deleted member 192138

D
  • LOL is an acronym, hence it is properly capitalised. Feel free to look that up when you are brushing up on the proper usage of “we all”.
  • Player numbers on Steamcharts are not bad when compared to past history.
  • Yeah, I’m not losing sleep over the BGS.
In three weeks they lost all the players they gained from Odyssey, by the numbers.

Considering a lot of the people I know have been logging in less and less with how Odyssey release has thrown things out for both Odyssey and Horizons, then it seems likely that those numbers are being bolstered by newer players to the game that will be starting to push outwards to find retreating communities and a wall of bugs, without the roots and long term networks that keep people coming back to play Elite.

So maybe you look at the Steam numbers and say "this looks fine compared to last year" - but right now we're less than a full month into the big DLC release that was going to re-invigorate the game and bring in a raft of new players, swell the community, and it's looking like the same amount of activity we had before that release even happened, with even less stability and a hefty downward trend on the numbers.

Oh and Frontier lost 12% of their share value in one day of trading today after they released their year end report to investors. So even if you're sitting in a personal rose garden, that's not the reality.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom