New 25 essential habitat animals META-WISHLIST

@random goat Really appreciate that you are creating a new meta list. A lot of time has passed since the first one and species that many of us voted for have already been implemented into the game! Or like me, some of us may have shifted some of our wants over time. I for one, am now wanting species that ensure new rigs and animations with the explosion of modding over the past year. For example, as cool as a leopard would be, I also know that with modding breakthroughs these species can now be made by us the players through using other big cats as a base. (I say this though not to discourage others from including a leopard within their list but instead to just explain my shifting wants from Frontier for the official animal roster)

With that said, could you maybe change the rules of this list to allow for a more broad selection of habitat animals? The last meta list was created before we knew that Frontier was capable of creating aquatic species and are now likely capable of flying creatures to some extent. Proof of this can be seen in Frontier’s recently announced Jurassic World Evolution 2 game, that has already advertised its inclusion of both air-borne and fully aquatic species. The same sort of thing could also be said for small mammal species. Today with the official announcement of the Africa pack, we now know that extremely small habitat species are possible because of the Meerkat (which I am SO excited for!) Could you consider loosening this list’s species rules so that users are capable of voting for a broader assortment of animals? I hope none of this comes across as nitpicking, your meta lists and the dedication you have given to them has been amazing! I also think your first meta list has truly effected which species Frontier has been creating for us (which is why I’m making this request as your lists seem to have a real impact!)
Thanks, SpookDoc. Like you, I am mostly looking forward to animals that are morphologically different to what we have now so new rigs are used.

Regarding your second paragraph, I completely understand you and I also envision a potential Aviary pack in the future (based on JWE2 footage). But the thing is that we're still not sure if flying birds will indeed come to the game and, most importantly, in what format. Even though JWE2 trailer hints towards free-roaming flying dinosaurs, it is still next-level speculation whether that's what we'll get in PZ. They might come in preset exhibit-like aviaries with looped animations, or they might not even come at all. It would be unfair that people posted flying birds here instead of another habitat animal and then aviaries turn out to be a different system from the current PZ habitats. I'm sorry but I'm not removing this restriction.

If you're an animal nerd like most of us here, I can assure you it will still be difficult for you to post just 20 habitat animals with the current restrictions anyway :p
Spiderhawk has another thread for aviary animals (link in OP) but it seems it's not updated very often...But in any case, there is still a plethora of ground-dwelling or semi-aquatic birds that you can submit in this very thread! Fully-aquatic "big" fishes, mammals and invertebrates are also accepted here. Small terrestrian mammals will be considered too unless they're obvious exhibit animals (mice, shrew and the like). Anything with the size of a prairie dog or bigger will be added to the list too!

I just wanted to point out a couple of things here - the JWE2 announcement does not prove they can do free-flying birds. The screens we've seen and the UI we've seen could still refer to a similar aviary set-up to the Return to Jurassic Park DLC which is functionally similar to the PZ exhibits. I don't think it's right to assume they've perfected free-flying system, especially considering how different JWE is from PZ, even in the sequel. And the meerkat does not mean the doors are open to any and all tiny animals in PZ; many species of small mammal would likely still require special containment to be viable.

On a personal note, I can't be the only one that thinks leaving certain things to the modders is a terrible idea. None of their creations have the same level of detail as Frontier animals as yet - I'd much rather get a Frontier-made leopard than a modded jaguar.
I absolutely do agree, Mods are great and all, but every no matter what, every animal that frontier makes will be a blessing in its own way. I still stand by the thought that there are no bad inclusions, as every animal would enhance the game, but i do understand the thought behind wishing for new riggs, but more on the level, that it brings more diversity then just another big cat. If you ask me we would neither get a leopard or a cougar for the remaining raster spots, not because i dislike the animals, but because i feel like we dont need more big cats and other animals have priority, eventhough i wouldnt mind their inclusion

Last edited:
  1. Capybara
  2. Marabou Stork
  3. Black and White Colobus Monkey
  4. Red River Hog
  5. Amur Leopard
  6. California Sea Lion
  7. Siamang
  8. Francois' Langur
  9. Southern Tamandua
  10. Greater Rhea
  11. Caracal
  12. Fossa
  13. Eastern Black Rhinoceros
  14. Matschie's Tree Kangaroo
  15. Greater Kudu
  16. Asian Small-Clawed Otter
  17. Guanaco
  18. Ocelot
  19. Nigerian Dwarf Goat
  20. Reeve's Muntjac

I absolutely do agree, Mods are great and all, but every no matter what, every animal that frontier makes will be a blessing in its own way. I still stand by the thought that there are no bad inclusions, as every animal would enhance the game, but i do understand the thought behind wishing for new riggs, but more on the level, that it brings more diversity then just another big cat. If you ask me we would get neither get a leopard or a cougar for the remaining raster spots, not because i dislike the animals, but because i feel like we dont need more big cats and other animals have priority, eventhough i wouldnt mind their inclusion
I think that's totally fair. For a North America Pack for example I'd like the North American cougar, but I'd also happily take the bobcat or ocelot, which are both unique in their own ways.

Burrowed your list @NZFanatic to save myself for some typing, since I saw a lot I wanted too.

1. De Brazza's Monkey
2. Tasmanian devil.
3. Great white pelican. (Would be okay with a general pelican entry, if that helps boost the ranking)
4. Bennett's Wallaby
5. Capybara.
6. Black Tailed Prairie Dog
7. American alligator.
8. Scimitar-horned Oryx
9. California sea lion.
10. Asian small-clawed otter.
11. Emu.
12. Helmeted Guinea Fowl
13. Pacific Walrus
14. Alpine Ibex
15. Hamadryas baboon.
16. Pere David's deer.
17. Moose
18. Collared Peccary
19. Lar gibbon.
20. American Beaver

It wasn't more easy to do this time!

This was really difficult! I ended up copying my previous list of 30 animals, minus the new Africa pack animals, and ended up omitting most of the antelopes I want. So here is my 20 essential habitat animals wishlist!

1. Capybara
2. Red deer
3. Alpine Ibex
4. Tasmanian devil
5. Arctic fox
6. Saiga antelope
7. West Indian manatee
8. Nilgai
9. European badger
10. Przewalski horse
11. Moose
12. Takin
13. Giant eland
14. Maned wolf
15. Red fox
16. Ocelot
17. Lynx
18. Serval
19. Chamois
20. Musk ox

Even more difficult now, that's my list:
  1. Maned Wolf
  2. Red Fox
  3. Alpine Ibex
  4. Red Deer
  5. Moose
  6. North American Beaver
  7. Musk Ox
  8. Puma
  9. Wild Boar
  10. Sea Lion
  11. American Alligator
  12. Pacific Walrus
  13. Tasmanian Devil
  14. Przewalski's Horse
  15. Lar Gibbon
  16. Eurasian Lynx
  17. Hamadryas Baboon
  18. Sloth Bear
  19. Asian Small-clawed Otter
  20. Capybara

It's go time!! Thank you @random goat

1. Capybara (leapfrogging over my #2 for a show of solidarity!)
2. Common Wombat
3. Asian Small Clawed Otter
4. Moose
5. Amur Leopard (or any Asian, or feel free to put in with African if that's how we're going to approach the leopards)
6. Wolverine
7. Crested Porcupine
8. California Sea Lion
9. Sloth (of any variety)
10. Red River Hog
11. Black Backed Jackal
12. Cougar/Mountain Lion
13. Coyote
14. Maned Wolf
15 . Alpine Ibex
16. Platypus
17. American Black Bear
18. Lar Gibbon
19. Tayra
20. European Badger

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
Oohhh

1. Owl. Of any kind. Perhaps Eagle Owl
2. Emperor penguin
3. Ocelot
4. Racoon
5. Walrus
6. Pine Marten
7. Beaver (any)
8. Tenrec
9. Arctic Fox
10. Southern Tamandua
11. Platypus
12. Snowy owl
13. Sea Lion
14. Scottish wildcat
15. Lynx
16. Puffin
17. Honey badger
18. A mink or weasel
19. Asian small claw or European otter
20. Porcupine

That was really much harder than I’ve expected to be…
Frankly I think that it might be easier to make a list of 10 species rather than 20.

I had to omit my beloved Wolverine, Honey badger and Shoebill 😖😭

1. Red River hog
2. Manned Wolf
3. Somali wild donkey
4. Scimitar horned oryx
5. Addax
6. Père David’s deer
7. Amur leopard
8. African civet
9. Serval
10. Coati
11. Stripped hyena
12. Lion tailed macaque
13. Blackbuck
14. Howler monkey
15. Bontebok
16. Giant Eland
17. Caribbean Manatee
18. Giant armadillo
19. Sumatran rhinoceros
20. Tree kangaroo

Last edited:
I’m omitting aviary animals (as per the rules) but I’m also omitting purely aquarium animals (Whales, Fish, etc.) because I would almost fill my whole list up with them cause the picks are obvious there.

1. Moose
2. Cougar
3. Black Rhino
4. Beaver
5. Ratel
6. Green Sea Turtle
7. Fossa
8. Musk Ox
9. Gibbon
10. Caracal
11. Scimitar Horned Oryx
12. California Sea Lion
13. Secretary Bird
14. Maned Wolf
15. Tasmanian Devil
16. Platypus
17. Tree Kangaroo
18. Spectacled Bear
19. Ibex
20. Lynx

ugh just 20 is so tough

Ok after seeing what is left from my top 30 list, looks like I get to make one new addition!

1. Red Deer
2. Alpine Ibex
3. Wild Boar
4. Red Fox
5. (A) Lynx
6. Chamois
7. Moose
8. Puma
9. Roosevelt Elk
10. American Alligator
11. Capybara
12. Coati
13. Ocelot
14. Musk Ox
15. Amur Leopard
16. Gibbon
17. Dromedary
18. Hamadryas Baboon
19. Secretary Bird
20. Fallow Deer

I was going to say since we’ve received some of the original 30 animals on the request list it’s probably time for another. Twenty seems good but not any easier tho. With dlc selling so well and so much hype surrounding this wonderful game hopefully we have another couple yrs of dlc as I’ll buy every one of them. Well here’s my list. In no particular order.
1) Moose
2) Hamadryas Baboon
3) American Alligator
4) Black Rhino
5) Gibbon
6) Puma
7) Secretary Bird
8) North American Porcupine
9) Eurasian Lynx
10) Ibex
11) Wolverine
12) African Civet
13) Manatee
14) Capybara
15) Markhor
16) Howler Monkey
17) Dromedary Camel
18) Beaver
19) Fossa
20) Red Fox

1. Tasmanian Devil
  2. Bennett's Wallaby
  3. Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby
  4. Emu
  5. Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat
  6. North Island brown kiwi.
  7. Fossa
  8. Iberian Lynx
  9. European Badger
  10. Cougar
  11. Californian Sea Lion
  12. South American Coati
  13. Serval
  14. Vicuna
  15. Aye-aye
  16. Hamadryas Baboon
  17. Scimitar-horned Oryx
  18. Przewalski's Horse
  19. Small-clawed otter
  20. Old-world monkey (any)
..... Quite a few Australian animals on the list, but I still think it's the most underrepresented continent.

Last edited:
1. Eastern Black Rhino
2. Geoffrey's Spider Monkey
3. Capybara
4. Dromedary Camel
5. Malayan Porcupine
6. Red Deer
7. Sika Deer
8. American Alligator
9. Victorian Crowned Pigeon
10. Fishing Cat
11. Asian Small-clawed Otter
12. Black-tailed Prairie Dog
13. Przewalski's Horse
14. Scimitar-horned Oryx
15. Japanese Raccoon Dog
16. Eurasian Wild Boar
17. Californian Sea Lion
18. Lar Gibbon
19. Hamadryas Baboon
20. Japanese Serow

I must admit, it's very difficult to narrow down all the animals you would like down to just twenty species; this is my current wishlist although obviously some species will change from one day to the next:

1. Yellow-throated marten
2. Ocellated turkey
3. Owston's civet
4. Striped hyaena
5. Southern ground hornbill
6. Wolf's mona monkey
7. South African springhare
8. Dalmatian pelican
9. Fishing cat
10. Eurasian red squirrel
11. Grey crowned crane
12. Hawaiian goose
13. Vietnamese sika deer
14. Iberian lynx
15. Victoria crowned pigeon
16. Coquerel's sifaka
17. Red river hog
18. Northern helmeted curassow
19. Gelada
20. Marbled polecat
Amazing, unique and impressive list of species 🤩

Last edited:
Random_goat thank you for doing this list

I shall update my list in time and I do hope they get to birds one day in the future.

Here I go with a narrowed down list of the animals I am most passionate about.

1. Moose
  2. Puma
  3. Sea Lion (rather have steller sea lions but i will take any)
  4. Sandhill crane (I don’t think they will fly away)
  5. Fox (North American or European of all different colors)
  6. Capybara
  7. Rhea
  8. Andean Bear
  9. Alligator
  10. Manned wolf
  11. Leopard (prefer Indian but just give us 1 true leopard)
  12. Gibbon
  13. Gaur
  14. Indian jackal
  15. Shoebill
  16. Takin
  17. Przewalski’s wild horse
  18. Emu
  19. Wombat
  20. Beaver

1. Tasmanian Devil
  2. Bennett's Wallaby
  3. Yellow-Footed Rock Wallaby
  4. Emu
  5. Southern Hairy-nosed Wombat
  6. North Island brown kiwi.
  7. Fossa
  8. Iberian Lynx
  9. European Badger
  10. Cougar
  11. Californian Sea Lion
  12. South American Coati
  13. Serval
  14. Vicuna
  15. Aye-aye
  16. Hamadryas Baboon
  17. Scimitar-horned Oryx
  18. Przewalski's Horse
  19. Small-clawed otter
  20. Old-world monkey (any)
..... Quite a few Australian animals on the list, but I still think it's the most underrepresented continent.
if you arnt firm on which oldworld monkey, how about you check thouse out that were allready posted?
To my knowledge there were hamadryas baboons, geladas, roloway monkeys and de Braza monkeys

I wish the list had stayed at 30, but here we go:

1) Emu
2) Common wombat
3) Tassie devil
4) Platypus
5) Short-beaked echidna
6) Brushtail possum
7) Quokka
8) Matschie's tree-kangaroo
9) American alligator
10) American black bear
11) Caracal