Goodbye for Now

Uninstalled Elite: Dangerous for the first time since I bought it in 2014...feeling a bit underwhelmed and tired with this Odyssey business I'm going to play something else for a bit.

I'm not salty or angry. How can I be when I've had over 2,500 hours of amazing fun and met some amazing people. The AEDC is the most amazing player group I've ever encountered. I'm sure others have said this ad nauseum, but I need to get this off my chest: the Odyssey DLC lacks meaningful content and is far from the original spirit of the game. In all honesty this isn't the update I'd hoped for after waiting so many years.

I do genuinely hope that Elite: Dangerous becomes the space sim we all want it to be, but for now, o7 Commanders!

I'm on the verge of uninstalling it completely... I tried to do the "gameplay" in Odyssey but the only real progress is suit/weapon engineering and even that is a huuuge step back from Horizons (too many improvements from Horizons were ditched making the engineering far more difficult and annoying than it should be).

Seeing and encountering new bugs all the time (most of which interfere with playing the game and/or directly with mission progress) it's just not worth my time.
So far it's been a huge let down.

EDIT: No stuphs available just yet.

Last edited:
I mean, you can basically say that of every single game apart from whichever is deemed the best one.

Of course. "Best one" is entirely subjective anyway.

What I'm saying is, there are other games out there that are better, from companies that don't release broken DLCs, or patches that break everything, that scratch the same itches that E: D used to scratch.

Elite Dangerous is not the only fruit.

Top Bottom