The 7 (or 5) stages of grief - how many weeks or months before people reach stage 7 (or 5)?

I mean, come on guys. What's done is done. Everyone who wanted a moan has had plenty of moans already. FD have stated their plans for the coming months and its not likely they can say any more than that.

Yeah, Odyssey release was bad. I'm still not playing and won't until I can play with decent FPS (which may be months away or perhaps even never), and i'm not happy about it.

But hells people, some people are still banging on about it.

Its been a month already. Everything that needed to be said has been said. FD have already heard everything from words of support to people declaring refunds or they are throwing their computers out of the window because Odyssey made them so angry.

Time to progress to stage 7, get over it. Play something else. Play Horizons. Or if you can, play Odyssey if you want.

<checks pockets> Looks like I have about 3.75 moans left but I'm holding them in my pocket until Odyssey gets released to Xbox and PS4 players to see how things got (1) fixed and (2) broken more before I spend them.

Still playing Horizons. Yeah, I check each planet for how much atmosphere it has now and sigh at all the > .1 atmospheres I pass by but just tell myself "It's not done baking yet" and move on. At my current rate of progression, I'll make it to Beagle Point, and eventually arrive at Jaques Station before the timer dings. I'll make a decision there.

If this was Frontiers first time I would agree with Agony.

The forty dollar big show was a joke and mostly regression and broken. Releasing as finished when its just an alpha for console.

The dissatisfaction storm will continue. Until everything has been made right.

Agony you bang on Star Citizen non stop for years. You ask everyone to stop their show of dissatisfaction with ED. When you step back things arnt so dissimilar these days. Maybe you need to stop because your hypocrisy is peak. No disrespect but your position is pure clown world.

Last edited:
Well I suppose it was only a matter of time until the 'complaining about complaining' threads started to appear.

I mean who'd have thought that people would vent their anger and frustrations regarding a broken game release on the forum discussing that game...it's unheard of!

I'm of the opinion that those who are dissatisfied with the product they bought and received should shout as loud as they can for as long as they can. FD need to hear it, they need to know just what we think of their game and their decisions.

Keep shouting, keep complaining.

OIP.jpg

I'm of the opinion that those who are dissatisfied with the product they bought and received should shout as loud as they can for as long as they can. FD need to hear it, they need to know just what we think of their game and their decisions.

I agree. However, anyone who wishes to do so and still thinks pre-ordering is okay needs to accept they are a part of the problem that they are complaining about. That's not victim-blaming, that's a fact. Publishers wouldn't be anywhere near as willing to put out unfinished games if pre-orders were not a thing.

@Agony_Aunt See Your entire opening post is the ultimate "white knight" stance, basically you are sayin, "games is borked AF but pipe down and suck it up butter cups"
You should update your avatar:
1624364356393.png

The green is the default scanner friendly colour, the red is the dark red for no shields rings, the dark gery is the forum sidebar grey, the orange and blue are the in game hud colours, and I even put Frontiers old logo on the shield for you (y)

The one thing I particularly want to take you to task on is, unsurprisingly, your point on VR players...
VR users, accept it, VR for legs isn't happening this year at least, if ever. You're still in the bargaining phase, trying to get FD to change their plans. Its not happening.
In the thread I posted with a call for VR to be placed on the roadmap, which essentially started the current VR campaign, our ask was for VR to be put on the back end of the roadmap, after they have fixed the main game and or launched to consoles, which would as you say, most likely be next year, that would be an acceptable outcome. What we got instead was an announcement that VR is basically being thrown under a bus., that is not acceptable. We encountered somethign last year, when Odyssey was announced, we asked about VR in it, and got told "Odyssey will not be VR compatible, but Horizons will remain VR compatible" and we pushed back against that and the company did repsond, with a compromise including this virtual flatscreen, sadly the virtual flatscreen sounds like a better idea than it actually is to play with, wiht many, myself included, finding it INDUCING not mitigating nausea.

For the most part, the VR community aren't "greiving" we are "resisting", and we actually have a pretty good batting average, so we definitely do not yet feel that "resistance is fultile".

Well I suppose it was only a matter of time until the 'complaining about complaining' threads started to appear.

I mean who'd have thought that people would vent their anger and frustrations regarding a broken game release on the forum discussing that game...it's unheard of!

There's no point doing it in this forum though. If FD read it and cared then we wouldn't be in this mess.
Turn to twitter or one of the other socials and warn potential new players, or just vote with your feet and play something else.
Moaning in this forum just clogs it up for people that are enjoying the game and want to discuss it.

Says the guy spends all day, every day complaining about Star Citizen.

Perhaps you should drink your own moonshine.

Not complaining Old Duck, laughing at. There is a difference ;)

I mean, come on guys. What's done is done. Everyone who wanted a moan has had plenty of moans already. FD have stated their plans for the coming months and its not likely they can say any more than that.

Yeah, Odyssey release was bad. I'm still not playing and won't until I can play with decent FPS (which may be months away or perhaps even never), and i'm not happy about it.

But hells people, some people are still banging on about it.

Its been a month already. Everything that needed to be said has been said. FD have already heard everything from words of support to people declaring refunds or they are throwing their computers out of the window because Odyssey made them so angry.

Time to progress to stage 7, get over it. Play something else. Play Horizons. Or if you can, play Odyssey if you want.

VR users, accept it, VR for legs isn't happening this year at least, if ever. You're still in the bargaining phase, trying to get FD to change their plans. Its not happening.

People with performance issues - get over it. FD are working on it, but it might never improve significantly. Pass through the grief, move into acceptance.

People with other issues - you've reported them, you've said your piece, and hopefully FD are listening. If they are, and they agree with you and are capable of changing things, then its just a matter of time. If they are not listening or they don't agree with your issues or they simply can't change those things, then it doesn't matter. Time to move on.

Or, alternately, spend your energy for the coming months complaining about stuff. I mean, there is one positive. You can keep complaining and complaining until FD eventually do improve performance and perhaps add VR or make other changes, and then when they do you can claim credit for making FD do it. Of course you didn't, but you can claim you did, and that if it wasn't for you then FD would never have done anything. There is probably some comfort to living in that sort of reality. :p

Or perhaps you'll simply claim that its people like me that allow devs to get away with doing bad stuff, and that only if everyone was like you that we wouldn't have devs putting out bad releases. In which case, I can only say LOL.

And no Bottom Hat, no stuffz to be had here. I'm just waiting for FD to sort stuff out. It might be a while though.

In the meantime, i'm sinking tens of hours into Kingmaker and there is a sequel coming out later this year. Looking forward to that!

PS: If you want something to watch while playing games, watch Future Man! If you're not laughing within 20 minutes, then you are probably dead.
I paid for it, I can complain as much as I want until it's brought to the state that was advertised.
So probably for the next two years or so.

@OP

You're right, but in some ways it doesn't address the real issue. If all a customer base is just quiet down and "get over it" then all a company needs to do is hunker down, throw some platitudes and fuzzies and ignore the fuss as it'll all die down. This is my concern in EDO's case. That once the "fixes are in", those that just resigned themselves to "the way it is" or even those that just stop playing will somehow lead Fdev into thinking "Phew glad that's over," and nothing will ever really change or be addressed long term.

Companies need to held to account by their customers for their actions and behaviours, otherwise, nothing will change and shady behaviours and poor design will continue.

And if they did that, they wouldn't win back the players they have lost or change what is on offer. Odyssey would still then have the same issues. At the end of the day the devs either listen or they don't.

Some people have been whine for years about Elite this and Elite that. it's not going to stop. Every time there is a patch or update the same people will raise the same noise.
Most of the whines and moans were about "why haven't we got Space Legs?" and "when can we have Space Legs?" and "you promised we could walk around stations!"... didn't see much gratitude from those quarters afterwards. It may not be perfect but you've got ruddy legs now shut up!

Wow, now we have threads complaining about the complainers. Not a criticism, as I wanted to write a few of these myself, but, I do agree. I LOVE EDO, and I am going no where. Been grinding engineers for weeks now.

I'm sure its not the first. But the usual threads complaining about the complainers normally take an anti-position saying "You're wrong, its not that bad". This is more "You're right, but hey, what you going to do?"

It still amuses me that games such as elite can be hugely scalable across a myriad of PC configurations and that scalability is well understood and enjoyed by players, but that same scalability seemingly "doesn't work" for consoles which are basically either low end or mid-range PC`s.

What scalability?
The minimum system requirements for EDO were pushed up... and even people running the recommended cpu/gpu are still not getting the promised performance.

Top Bottom