OK... We know it is is borked, but...

after they firefight all the stuff that is broken, wonky, not working as intended, generally more buggy than a coffee shop during a mums meet.....
What does everyone actually want from what we have been given? (do not say ship interiors please)
Personally, I would like more complex interaction with exobiology, more things to do on foot while in stations, a level of complexity in missions, a bit more story mayhap.
VR
Diplomatic missions (as advertised in the game description)
Some puzzle minigame for exobiology
Possibility to swap the exobiology scanner can to scan multiple plants.
Chained missions with objectives to be completed both on foot and ships
More atmospheric effects
Proc.gen. plants
AI less aggressive
Ship spawning point on top of ladders or lifts for a proper Armstrong moment
Cockpit animations when sitting in the cockpit with controls coming up and hud turning on
Recall and send srv to the hangar from outside the ship.
Option to go from the concourse to planet surface in the turbolift.
I have a lot of imagination.. maybe fdev should hire me.. better not..

Well you'll be waiting a while if you're expecting FDev to rewrite the whole game in UE5. Having said that I do like some of the new features they're introducing in v5, including the dynamic lighting.
a154480ef93ac1b6ed12429885274f69.jpg

See the X on the top right corner of you browser ? Click on it.

You're welcome.
I'd rather go back to reading the forum of a game I play instead of what seems to be a support group for the terminally butthurt. Still, I was extolling the virtues of a realistic approach yesterday so looking around here on another day of seemingly endless grief, perhaps I need to take my own advice because it's obviously not going away any time soon.

I'd rather go back to reading the forum of a game I play instead of what seems to be a support group for the terminally butthurt. Still, I was extolling the virtues of a realistic approach yesterday so looking around here on another day of seemingly endless grief, perhaps I need to take my own advice because it's obviously not going away any time soon.
So, you're butthurt because people are butthurt. Gotcha, don't worry, it should pass eventually.

Space and ground activities/missions more integrated together, with one sometimes leaving to another

Much, much more variety in salvage/wreckage POIs on planets. Large wrecks with enterable sections (can be a few fire-gutted, half-collapsed corridors, doesn't need full interiors). More variety in scavenger combat scenarios.

More S&R stuff. Occasional tipoffs from rescued escape pods or black boxes.

Thargoid surface combat.

NPCs driving SRVs.

Better balanced conflict zones (sphere of combat, ships, SRVs and on-foot all being better balanced against one another

"Back in the day" I suggested that FDEV should announce, via GalNet, periodic "Olympic" games. Each event would be held in different star systems, at different times of the year. There could be a series of "challenges" that pitted pilots against each other .. eg: pvp arena (like you suggested), or a PvE run the gauntlet (fly through some really unsafe areas), or run circuits passing beacons in space, races, communal leader boards, prizes, cosmetics, etc. the list is rather large. All hosted in open (for the added drama) as a means to bring the community together for a bit of fun and games. (Seasonal events - like January Lave Independence Day games, March Madness - Derby destructoWars in the Orion Sector, or what have you)

Still waiting ...

**Edit: Heck, even "The Universal Triathlon Games" - A race, starting in your ship going from Beacon to Beacon, then landing on a planet, to drive across in your SRV, to finally end up on foot retrieving some object that stops the timer .. come on FDEV - the possibilities are endless ...
But there's no need to wait for FD for all this. It's been going on in various player groups all along. I agree it would be nice to have more in game tools for things like races, but there is nothing stopping people doing that already (well, apart from instancing, but up to 10 players usually works without too much effort).

But there's no need to wait for FD for all this. It's been going on in various player groups all along. I agree it would be nice to have more in game tools for things like races, but there is nothing stopping people doing that already (well, apart from instancing, but up to 10 players usually works without too much effort).
a better way of letting people know when and where such things are happening, while in game would be nice

Top Bottom