What are the current State of the console Version from EDO?

o7,
I would like to describe my current situation with Elite and the missing information about the state from the console Version.

First of all, I’ve been playing elite for a long time, coming from the underwhelming release from NMS back in the days. At the Moment, I’ve been playing elite about 2.5k hrs, its been a pleasure, to find such an nice community. But over the years elite, get on an sinking floot and it’s seems to be that this didn’t stop in the future. The reasons are at the moment bigger then ever. I remember when People shouting at me to be a fanboy when frontier make some decision (delay of EDO or the 2 years without any new content) I’ve fighting against many people who was disappointed with Fdev and the handling of elite.

so let get me straight on this,

at the Moment I’ve been dissapointed too. The reason for that? The consoles feels like a Child which treat with complete ignorance. What is the timeline for us? What is the current state from EDO on the consoles, what are the problems? We didn’t get any information, only the same phrase „autumn“.

i won’t an answer when the release is, but I would appreciate an bit of information for us. For the other side of your community.

I know it’s a hard time for the devs and the CM team, but when you talking about open communication, than communicate open to your complete community.

honestly, I give you a brief example of the problem with the consoles,
A couple days ago, there was found a Warplace between the guardians and the Thargoids, but when I arrived at the spot the game was heavy stuttering and stumble, so hard that I’ve decided to fly away. It’s feels underwhelming, because this problems exist all over the place on the consoles.

I know you take all your Ressource to give the Cmdrs on pc, what they deserve but don’t forget, that are still some players on the consoles.

so what’s next for me? I don’t know, for the moment I search the light at the end of the tunnel, but honestly, after I see some great content creators take a breake from elite. I think that is the best way, to expect nothing. And wait for a bit of information. Meantime I will spend my time in other games, in hope Fdev knew their roots (elites and the great community of this game ) and comeback with elite like Hello games with NMS does it before.

sorry for my English, is not my native

Last edited:
You're not alone CMDR, there are many on here who feel the same way. Very little information is forthcoming, and the CM team actively ignore us it seems.
Yes, and here on the forum, it feels same way, perhaps the post must go in the Odyssee topic, so they recognize, that there still som disappointed peoples on the consoles. Dev post at our corner is so rare like an contact with aliens in the void 🙄😅

there will be very little talk on consoles whilst PC is in such a state
Mate, this game is no longer a pc single game, it’s a third party game, a company like Fdev should know this too, because elite is not their only third party game. Jurassic world for example. Elite was handled by them at the last years like a third party game and now? Split the playerbase, no crossplay ( here is some mistake, in which galaxy a game exist and give the opportunity that for example FC exist on all Plattform on the same time but players couldn’t? ) and further more disappointing things, that’s make elite feel like it’s running straight to the end of life. Honestly, when we cant share the same universe over all platforms, than they could reject the carriers from the PC Community of the servers from the consoles. Would lead to a better performance. In my opinion, no crossplay, then the carriers from pc shouldn’t be available at consoles server. Ist feels like half baked.

And pc, is not the only thing they have to manage, it’s clear that they must work on this problems with EDO but they shouldn’t forget their other customers.

Last edited:
ow I hear you, I was on in the GPP days on the xbox
but the fact is even combined console numbers are tiny compared to PC and there is plenty of rage going on in the pc community at the moment
there is also the fact that they've said now no more patches as they are concentrating on the console versions
so it is happening, and there's possible plans for a beta on consoles so that's a bit better than what pc got

that sounds far more positive than I set out too
for reference I stopped playing since odyssey due to all the connectivity issues and bugs and have no desire to go back for a while

there is also the fact that they've said now no more patches as they are concentrating on the console versions
so it is happening, and there's possible plans for a beta on consoles so that's a bit better than what pc got
do you really believe that?

PC is still apparently a mess. Lots of people complaining. Arthur himself saying that they are still looking at a number of areas (he listed five in the dev update) and also the admittance that they cant share any roadmap details because so much is being reviewed.

I can see an updates 6 and 7 in July and August before any news on console, let alone dates.

but the fact is even combined console numbers are tiny compared to PC and there is plenty of rage going on in the pc community at the moment
Ok but it is a fact, that they have missed a massive opportunity with elite on the consoles, it’s stands beside NMS for itself, and and I know it very well that elite is not on the mainstream for consoleplayers, but NMS does it. And the Alpha game itself SC is a common name in the console community. Elite has a lot of potential, but the days are to far back in which elite was mentioned positively in the media’s. And ist more than clear that the stakeholders are pushing them to release the game for the pc community which is by far greater, but we on the consoles pay the same price, spend the same money for the same company, than it would be fair to give us the Informationen that we are aiming for. And still we get vague phrase like, where getting a beta. Wow, so much clear communication. But when? Which time schedule? The point is, and this is a true fact, the consoles are treating like non existing, with a vague phrases given half a year. That is something, which let many players put elite beside, and play other games. The possibiltys to create a heavy community which is working on all Plattform is failed sadly. Because don’t forget, the console market overall is bigger than you think.

Last edited:

Lack of a thriving community on console is 100% due to the lack of engagement and focus on consoles, cross play, current-gen etc.

So to say there's a small playerbase - why is that? Frontier need to commit, or not. There shouldn't be a halfway. Like the other poster said, it's all half baked and it's a vicious circle/self fulfilling prophecy.

Also let's not forget that Arthur specifically told us there'd be more news on console going forward. Yet we still barely get a mention. In the dark. Ignored.

Left to wither on the vine.

So my last two coins,

Fdev, Must be clear to us at the same way. Are we getting a delay? Okey we can handle this, because after the release of EDO we would like to prevent the same thing on the console, and believe it or not, they can delay it until 3307 and EDO will Running on consoles Bad, in direct comparison to PC, but this is natural because the console are too old, and are to limited. But this wouldn’t hurt so hard, because everyone on consoles know that, the best technical experience is on pc.

for now, they will already ignoring our chat, they will give us no glimpses no trailer no nothing, only phrase, it could be, it should be, we have a plan, autumn, till the console release etc.
just the fact, that there is no release date, only a vague direction, tells more then words. They didn’t know by themselves, the consoleversion is in a state, which is unshowable, and far away from a release, they mentioned the problems they have with the Controller, and that they are working on it,my question here, when you haven’t got basics things ready, like the Controller Layout, how far away a game is from its full release?.(tinfoil on)

its such a shame, I loved elite so much, many people learn to love the game by it self because I told them my adventures in this game. I will check in, when we get the same treatment like the pc guys, with performance improvements, till the release, BECAUSE, it was Fdev decision to split the playerbase, directly and indirectly. So they Must learn to handle this two groups as the same time, normally a company is prepared or get prepared for this sort of choice. Fdev seems to be not, or why we getting nothing from them back, hopefully one of your CM will take notice of this. My hope is small, like the past didn’t show any significant, communication to us, especially here on the forum.

In Little Hope, that we became news soon (December 2021 🙄) or by the definition of this word, really soon, in the next days, hopefully. Until then, elite will rest on my ps4 and it will only get a touch when the lore move forward, which is underwhelming due to bad performance on the consoles, For any other things in this game, my dissapoitment is too high.

oh to the lore point? What happened to the orthus? Or what was the name, from the Thargoid ships which appears at Palins base in Maia, and now is complete gone or what? No statements here nothing, a missing opportunity like everytime in the last years. Oh wait we haven’t got see the ideas from Fdev for Thargoids on foot combat? Community hopes, horror elements with meeting them perhaps on lost outpost ?
I think they will miss this too and make thargoids bulletsponges par exelance.

sorry for my typos, it’s hard to write on a iPhone. And I’ve been trying to hard to stay calm with this unfortunally situation.

Last edited:
do you really believe that?

PC is still apparently a mess. Lots of people complaining. Arthur himself saying that they are still looking at a number of areas (he listed five in the dev update) and also the admittance that they cant share any roadmap details because so much is being reviewed.

I can see an updates 6 and 7 in July and August before any news on console, let alone dates.
They suggested no more major pc updates as they shift attention to the console version. The idea is this work should benefit pc too, but in a few months from now.

Been in game since 2016 and I don't know what or when or how . I've set myself to August 2022 for the release as I shouldn't be disappointed . We have nothing from Fdev apart from a throwaway comment and that's it .
I'm even happy shelling out for a new series X to carry on playing Elite . But to be honest I'm not even sure if Fdev are going to be able to get it onto console ? The silence is deafening and worrying for me , I started playing on the Spectrum and just missed out on the MK IV by less than a month .
I need a bit of reassurance that we haven't been thrown in the corner in the dark cellar and forgotten .

Last edited:
Can't really understand what you're worrying about. There is nothing to report about the "current state" on console before it's released. And until then, there are also no problems.

1. I'm sure it in fact requires work to port oddy to consoles. At least when it's about the controls and tutorials. I'm not a IT dude but I guess there's more than just these 2 things.

2. I also guess they might have just delayed the console launch because Sony and Microsoft charge for each update. So they took themselves some time for implementing the first major patches. They knew there would still be a lot to work on in the beginning and just save the money for console updates.

My conclusion: Nothing to worry about, only business practices.

Can't really understand what you're worrying about. There is nothing to report about the "current state" on console before it's released. And until then, there are also no problems.

1. I'm sure it in fact requires work to port oddy to consoles. At least when it's about the controls and tutorials. I'm not a IT dude but I guess there's more than just these 2 things.

2. I also guess they might have just delayed the console launch because Sony and Microsoft charge for each update. So they took themselves some time for implementing the first major patches. They knew there would still be a lot to work on in the beginning and just save the money for console updates.

Up until now, all patches and updates have been released simultaneously on all platforms.

Up until now, all patches and updates have been released simultaneously on all platforms.
No

Mate, business as usual, would be great, but it’s a fact, that the consoles left alone, a long time.

Mate, business as usual, would be great, but it’s a fact, that the consoles left alone, a long time.
That's your opinion, POV and phrasing.

Of course PC players are their main source of income. But they will also want our (console players') money, also for arx, and therefore deliver a best possible product, as usual.

There's just absolutely no reason to panic or worry about something that only exists in hypothetical speculation that had not yet occurred.🤷‍♂️

No

Yes

Up until now, all patches and updates have been released simultaneously on all platforms [since PlayStation launch] . Not sure that linking to pre-PS4 launch material is relevant here - remember this is the PlayStation forum.

Yes

Up until now, all patches and updates have been released simultaneously on all platforms [since PlayStation launch] . Not sure that linking to pre-PS4 launch material is relevant here - remember this is the PlayStation forum.
The base game and horizons were not launched simultaneously on all platforms. What a senseless discussion. I won't join wallowing in self-pity for no good reason

Top Bottom