Species Field Guide - Stegosaurus

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
But i need more Species Field Guide! More! I need to see more dinos!
There are more coming! :)
wow. the animations looks awesome :love:
I know, right?! The team has done such an incredible job <3

Can they survive with out feeders ?
I think they could, but you would get higher rating if you have ground feeders with fruit to suplement the natural shrubs, bushes, and ferns in it's enclosure.
I would also like to know it was written that they don't need feeders now because they eat plants, but now I don't know.
I'm gonna answer all three of these at once :)

Herbivores feed on foliage and greenery and won't require feeders. We understand that the reference to ground feeders could be a little confusing, so we've removed it from the write-up.

I'm hoping new hatching system will make launching a new Stego exhibit easier to manage. (Jens probably can't answer all of this atm, but) How many stegos can be hatched at once from a creation lab per clutch, and what is the minimum social requirement for a herd?

Nadchodzi więcej! :)

Wiem, prawda?! Zespół wykonał tak niesamowitą robotę <3

Odpowiem na wszystkie trzy na raz :)

Roślinożercy żywią się liśćmi i zielenią i nie potrzebują karmników. Rozumiemy, że odniesienie do podajników naziemnych może być nieco mylące, więc usunęliśmy je z opisu.
Thank you very much for your answer and I'm looking forward to the premiere

That rolling and wallowing is wonderful. I'm hoping that the dinosaurs will also interact with the natural decorations, the rocks and trees and such, scratching on them and climbing/hopping on them for the small bipedal dinosaurs, etc. Also if they wallow in the water or if you have a patch of sand they'll have a dust roll.

Also, I wonder if you can mix the foliage for the dinosaurs together if you have more than one species in an enclosure and they prefer different things, like say paw-paws and rotten wood in the same area and the dinosaurs who prefer one over the other will graze together and only eat what they like, and also mix ground vegetation with trees so the sauropods and the others can mingle while they munch.

Deleted member 275623

D
Great animations. It would die when rolling around but who cares its jw😂 . Looks great. You guys have such talented developers

Deleted member 275623

D
Also pre alpha——-> alpha

C374ED88-7855-449B-A18D-AE08D7DC2E02.jpeg

Deleted member 275623

D
Here you see how huge it is with flesh on the skin. Lovely. Remember this is one of the largest trex we ever found most are smaller. Not a lot reached this size.

Deleted member 275623

D
Ahh its good to be adult, i know how hard it was as kid to wait for a new game😂. I feel your (my)past pain😝 .

Great animations. It would die when rolling around but who cares its jw😂 . Looks great. You guys have such talented developers
Why would it die? It's taking a dirt bath to protect itself from biting insects? IRL, large mamals, rhinos and elephants for example, do exactly this sort of thing for that very reason, yet don't die because of it. Fully plausible and reasonable behavior.

Jens Erik

Senior Community Manager
Frontier
How many stegos can be hatched at once from a creation lab per clutch, and what is the minimum social requirement for a herd?
Hey Aramus! How many dinosaurs can be released from a Hatchery depends on the species. I don't have the specific clutch size for Stegosaurus off the top of my head, unfortunately. Minimum social requirement should be around 4 individuals, but keep in mind that this might change between now and release.
Also, I wonder if you can mix the foliage for the dinosaurs together if you have more than one species in an enclosure and they prefer different things
Yeah, you can! Just make sure there's enough room for the different types of foliage.

Why would it die? It's taking a dirt bath to protect itself from biting insects? IRL, large mamals, rhinos and elephants for example, do exactly this sort of thing for that very reason, yet don't die because of it. Fully plausible and reasonable behavior.
Well, it wouldn't die, but it would probably damage it's plates doing that, is what I think they were getting at.

I'm not sure how plates are held there actually, so it could maybe over stretch a ligament or muscle rolling over too much.

Top Bottom