It's a new week, let's talk Elite!

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Basically I've stopped playing until the game is fixed. i do check in to test various things now and again but only in response to if there's been an update or not, it's even sapped my desire to play Horizons as there are problems caused in Horizons too.

Feedback: Honestly don't know where to start and everything has been stated a million times over but if you want something specific I'd say please suggest to David Braben that he needs to reiterate what his long term plans are for the game because his videos back in the day now contradicted by what the CM team are saying. Specifically "You WILL have ship interiors... We HAVE designed ships with ship interiors in mind" contrasted with "We have no plans to work on ship interiors"

But more importantly just fix all the bugs, then add a lot more content, remove the insane grind for weapons to something more reasonable.

@Zac Cocken

Hopefully we'll win you over again soon Piglet!

Me too, the community coming together to solve things is my favourite part of Elite so I'd love to see more of it too! There are exciting things in the works.
Also not wanting to be a negative nancy but it's hard to be engaged in the stories and stuff when everything else is so broken. I worry that a lot of people will miss out on your well crafted stories. Can you make a way for the info to be collated and accessible from your cockpit wihout leaving the game. I think the knowledge base needs fleshing out so you have a one-stop shop to go to for things like lore.. and where you haven't personally discovered the anwers there should be a hint to the starting point of the trail so new pilots can follow the grear contednt in there.

For instance i want to understand the foremadine rift story, but accessing that or knowing where to start is impossible without third party help or having it spoiled in a wiki.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Taking out 90+ enemies, me and my SLF pilot, in a CZ in a VR slideshow (most of the times), but I'm hardboiled 🍻

The new SLF UI actually is better IMHO, and the graphics are too, even though the enemies are all black it seems and are hard to make out. Was playable for most parts. And fun ;)

O7,
🙃

You're doing well despite performance issues, I'd be scared to face you when things are smoothed out 😅 Thanks for hanging in there with us. We'll get there.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
I have been Scavenger hunting all weekend and now I am up to gunslinger and have all those silver bits for my armour. Think I will focus now more on gathering tech materials to get my missile launcher up to grade 5 and slap a scope on it. Then I may look into buying and upgrading another Dominator suit for more agile and night combat. If the lore stuff doesn't distract me.

You've got a pretty solid plan! There's no rush though if the lore stuff grabs you, make sure to get stuck in!

For the first time since I received the game (late '16) I have no interest in playing Elite. And this after spending over 5000 hrs. in-game.

Maybe, MAYBE I'll play again once Oddity is fixed/stabilized and actually delivers on the planet features we were shown. Absolutely zero interest in the FPS aspect of Oddity though. If the game is fixed properly, I'll likely just play it like Horizons. If I play it.

No offense to you Zac, or any of the CMs, but corporate seems to have lost the desire to properly deliver on their promises with this game. I hope I'm wrong though. Time will tell.

It's 0800 where I live and you seem a bit too upbeat/cheery for me at the moment. Maybe after I've had a bit more coffee. ;) :D

Carry on Sir.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Also not wanting to be a negative nancy but it's hard to be engaged in the stories and stuff when everything else is so broken. I worry that a lot of people will miss out on your well crafted stories. Can you make a way for the info to be collated and accessible from your cockpit wihout leaving the game. I think the knowledge base needs fleshing out so you have a one-stop shop to go to for things like lore.. and where you haven't personally discovered the anwers there should be a hint to the starting point of the trail so new pilots can follow the grear contednt in there.

For instance i want to understand the foremadine rift story, but accessing that or knowing where to start is impossible without third party help or having it spoiled in a wiki.

I think this would be nice to have in-game within the codex for sure, if it can keep you within the game it increases immersion massively.

Salty console player here...I'm not playin, uninstalled.

That said.

This is good. What you're doing (Zac). Making conversation, responding, learning about your community. It's a bit like working with shelter animals just freed from a fighting ring...you obviously know why...but, you know...

Keep it up. Mad as heck at the lot of you, still, but this - this thread - it's good.
Doesn't fix the game.

But it's still good. Hope it becomes a good week for you.

So, um, what am I doing this week? Watching your forums, making my opinion known (because that's what forums are good for), and...well...looking for positive and negative signs. Stumbled on a positive.

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
For the first time since I received the game (late '16) I have no interest in playing Elite. And this after spending over 5000 hrs. in-game.

Maybe, MAYBE I'll play again once Oddity is fixed/stabilized and actually delivers on the planet features we were shown. Absolutely zero interest in the FPS aspect of Oddity though. If the game is fixed properly, I'll likely just play it like Horizons. If I play it.

No offense to you Zac, or any of the CMs, but corporate seems to have lost the desire to properly deliver on their promises with this game. I hope I'm wrong though. Time will tell.

It's 0800 where I live and you seem a bit too upbeat/cheery for me at the moment. Maybe after I've had a bit more coffee. ;) :D

Carry on Sir.

No offence taken! I look forward to the day when your enthusiasm returns!

Salty console player here...I'm not playin, uninstalled.

That said.

This is good. What you're doing (Zac). Making conversation, responding, learning about your community. It's a bit like working with shelter animals just freed from a fighting ring...you obviously know why...but, you know...

Keep it up. Mad as heck at the lot of you, still, but this - this thread - it's good.
Doesn't fix the game.

But it's still good. Hope it becomes a good week for you.

So, um, what am I doing this week? Watching your forums, making my opinion known (because that's what forums are good for), and...well...looking for positive and negative signs. Stumbled on a positive.
Hear Hear!!

Top Bottom