Time to turn up the gore

When carnivors feast on a fresh kill, it's not a pretty sight. Please make this a selectable option to turn gore on, off would be default. There should be lots of blood stained ground around the carcus, and it should appear as partially eaten. The carnivors should have blood stained snouts that eventually fade away after a short period of time. This goes for feeder animals and dinos as well. This would greatly add to the realisim and wow factors.

As Tim Murphy did say, 'Look at all the blood'.

Don't think there will be more gore. The dinosaurs have bloody wounds after fighting / attacks. Sure the corpses could bleed out but who cleans all the bloody floor? ;)
They want to sell this game also to kids and in times like these the parents have an eye on what their children play.
If you want gore go an play doom ;)

Not as much blood as this guy wants... which is also a lot more blood than we ever see in a Jurassic movie.
It's not really as much as you think. In the movies there are only 3 instances of where there is 'gore', of the type i reference, JP when Rexy kills the Galli and actually strips off a hunk of flesh, TLW Rex nest, and JP 3 when Alan and the group are running from the Spino and stumble into a carcass and the Rex raises up with bits of flesh hanging from it's teeth. In none of the movies do we actually see a dino activly feasting on a kill. JW and JWFK upped the blood factor, but only when dinos attacked humans, go figure that one.

Sure the corpses could bleed out but who cleans all the bloody floor? ;)
Blood soaked ground is more black then red and the stain can fade at the same rate as the body decays.

They want to sell this game also to kids and in times like these the parents have an eye on what their children play.
Which is why it would be a selectable option, with the default as off. Make it so parents can lock with a password, Heck, make it a purchasable DLC after release. The game needs to be age appropriate, IMO, with the higher levels of complexity, the 'kids' I believe you refer to, probably shouldn't be playing, but that's up to the parents to decide.

What I'm asking for is no worse then what you see on PBS, Nature, Animal Planet, Discovery, when they have programs about the big African predators, or for that matter what you see in Walking with Dinosaurs. If you didn't notice, I never requested to turn the gore up for dino vs human kills. That would be too much IMO.

If you want gore go an play doom
That's such a cop-out, that game is sooo over the top, which is again not what I'm asking for and a poor choice for comparison.

I respect your opinions but I also disagree as I feel there's a want, and a way to do it to satisfy everyone.

Last edited:
The whole idea that seeing carnivores eat is bad for kids is such to begin with. I watched the first movie in the cinema when I was 3 years old. I never got scared, I loved it. Watching Gennaro getting eaten by Rexy was the coolest thing ever. So I agree with you mate. They could up the ante a little bit.

The Total War Series has been doing clean base game + $2.00 Blood and Guts DLC something like a decade now, iirc. Frontier really should get on that: preserve base rating for wider audience appeal, and make a little extra off the niche guys who want a little more, um, "Dinosaur", on their dinosaur tour.

The Total War Series has been doing clean base game + $2.00 Blood and Guts DLC something like a decade now, iirc. Frontier really should get on that: preserve base rating for wider audience appeal, and make a little extra off the niche guys who want a little more, um, "Dinosaur", on their dinosaur tour.
Call it a hunch, but I don't see Universal signing off on this... and by "hunch" I mean PG-13 rating...

Sorry, but when you have dinosaurs attack humans, which is how it is, PG-13 goes by the wayside. Games don't use that rating system anyways. E, E 10+, T, M, and A.

The game will wind up being either E 10+ or T. Most parents have no problem letting thier 10 year olds watch WWD or any of the predator docs on the channels I mentioned before. So again, make it selectible.

I also have no problem with it being a purchable DLC, if it has to be that way.

Definetly a little more blood would be nice with some gore. Doesn't have to be over the top by any means just enough so the Carnivores are not just eating fake looking meat disc's from a feeder which is lame to say the least. JPOG had a little blood and gore with the flesh from prey being visible in their mouths, just this would make me so happy. Sounds weird but it just would make them see more realistic.

Sorry, but when you have dinosaurs attack humans, which is how it is, PG-13 goes by the wayside. Games don't use that rating system anyways. E, E 10+, T, M, and A.
Sigh... you are clearly overlooking the obvious; nothing related to the Jurassic movie series has ever gone above a PG-13 rating OR whatever equivalent you choose to use (the point wasn't the rating, it was the content limit of the rating). Universal hasn't let that change before... hard to imagine why they'd let it change now...

Last edited:
JWE has an ESRB of T (Teen), which is the following:

Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.

It received that rating for the following:

While some dinosaurs may escape from their exhibits and eat park visitors, no blood is shown during these incidents. On the other hand, fights between dinosaurs
do result in small red mist clouds of blood; the same thing occurs when carnivores are fed goats.

Universal allowed that rating.

I am not talking about rivers of blood or major organs spilling out onto the ground. Just stain the ground a little, have some bite marks on the carcass and some flecks of red around the carnivors mouth. This would add to the realism factor, make it look like it's actually eating from the carcass without going over the top and making it a M (Mature, 17+) rated game.

Last edited:
When carnivors feast on a fresh kill, it's not a pretty sight. Please make this a selectable option to turn gore on, off would be default. There should be lots of blood stained ground around the carcus, and it should appear as partially eaten. The carnivors should have blood stained snouts that eventually fade away after a short period of time. This goes for feeder animals and dinos as well. This would greatly add to the realisim and wow factors.

As Tim Murphy did say, 'Look at all the blood'.
More realism... i liked it

I wanted more gorier detailed kills for everything. I wanted to see guest get limps ripped off and stuff like that, same for the dinosaurs. All you see is the dinosaurs eating red plastic chunks. The best attacks are when the larger carnivores just pick something up and swallow it whole like a huge monitor lizard. In JPOG the Rex would shake the guests around and little blood droplets would fly out. We don't even get that.

Now most attacks by modern day predators like big cats don't leave a lot of blood and limbs laying around. The mess is where they take you to eat you. That's where you find the gore.

I never really bothered with the letting dinosaurs attack guests cause I always found it a bit boring once you seen it once or twice. Watching a raptor pounce on someone and bite their arms and leave not even a little blood was a bit boring. The dino damage was cool but I was a kid in the 90's and had a lot of the JP toys and they had this dino damage gimmick where you could remove a chunk of rubber and see bones and muscle underneath. That's what the dino fights reminded me of in JWE.

I understand why they didn't put any kind of blood in the game for guests attacks. It was because of the rating. So I just learned to live with it. That means I didn't do a lot of guest attacks.

Out of all the mods for JWE I am surprised no one ever made a gore mod. I would have liked to have seen that. Maybe it can happen for JWE 2.

Remember in The Lost World movie where the one Rex picks Eddie Carr up out of the vehicle and the other Rex comes up and grabs him by the legs and rips him in half? I want to see that in game. Though I know it won't happen. It would be a cool think for a dual Rex break out.

Top Bottom