Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 5

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I keep getting Server Error for Remote Workshop in Elite. No way I am doing 66 jumps with my Fer De Lance to Felicity. what is going on here. This new UI for selecting missions is friggan horrific as well. What is going on with this game?

Last edited:
The FPS in the settlement is mostly below 60 and not stable.

The FPS drops to below 30 is unacceptable if your PC meets the high system requirements. Lots of gamers never got a stable 60 FPS in most games (with max graphics).

Last edited:

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Lots of gamers never got a stable 60 FPS in most games.
I think nowadays with all of those powerful graphic cards - even going back 3 generations! - it mostly depends on your monitor native resolution.

1080p - you can get 60 FPS in any game probably. 1440p and above you will struggle, depending on your hardware.

hi, what do u think how much money is needed for that " powerful graphic cards" ????
i have not 800 or 1200 euro for such a card.
i have other stuff to pay, rent for flat. car. electrity, so theses "powerful graphic cards" are expensive for me and many others players/gamers

hi, what do u think how much money is needed for that " powerful graphic cards" ????
i have not 800 or 1200 euro for such a card.
i have other stuff to pay, rent for flat. car. electrity, so theses "powerful graphic cards" are expensive for me and many others players/gamers
There comes a time when other things are more important than having the best gaming graphics card!

Welcome to that time! You are no longer a hardcore gamer... adjustments need to be made!

You're not the "lots of gamers". I'm talking about the average gamer. The New World beta caused some EVGA RTX 3090 cards to brick. Will Amazon buy new cards for those unlucky people? A strong worded letter might help.
The 'average' gamer certainly does NOT have a 3090 card. I have been a hardcore gamer for 18 or so years, before that I was an enthusiastic gamer. This is the only time for 18years I have not been able to to buy a high end card and that was not through not being able to afford it, i was in the queue for a 3080 for hours, I was in the queue for hours to buy a 3090 but that came to no avail also. All so some gimp can farm some crypto or some gimp scalp people for 3 times the price of their card.

But if I did have a 3090 I certainly would not give Jeff Bozeye the money for a pretty gash game and therefore it would not brick my card, that my friend is a fact.

The FPS drops to below 30 is unacceptable if your PC meets the high system requirements. Lots of gamers never got a stable 60 FPS in most games (with max graphics).
I have a GTX 960 and get far below 30FPS in "high" setting, even on ship when landing to settlements. But 960GTX is below the recommended card spec.
I can't play on ground basically. I never debark and I avoid landing.

The other day I have started again Horizons and wow. It's so fast ! I get 50-60FPS most of the time, And not that bad graphically .... (and without lighting bugs).

I am so angry of the situation with Odyssey, especially about performance... (because I can't play the game!)

running GTX 960 can play all of the game fine . have this running on a watercooled ryzen 3700 32gb of ram.
If i turn on the fps monitor then yeah the numbers look pants but its still perfectly playable.

Do I need a graphics card update , I think not .

running GTX 960 can play all of the game fine . have this running on a watercooled ryzen 3700 32gb of ram.
If i turn on the fps monitor then yeah the numbers look pants but its still perfectly playable.

Even CyberPunk 2077 is playable on my system ! :ROFLMAO:

Is this the reason why some people says it runs fine even if it doesn't?

Is this the reason why some people says it runs fine even if it doesn't?

I believe the reason may be because they are playing low resolutions like 1080p on 60 Hz monitors so yes, it does run perfectly fine. This is only because Horizons was exceptionally optimized by comparison and they may have actually been getting 120+ FPS but for them 120 FPS and 60 FPS looks very similar at 60Hz.

It scales very badly with resolution so for people playing at high res like 4K or VR, the performance seems really bad. Going from 70-80 FPS at 4K in Horizons to 20-30 FPS in EDO is a drastic difference and much more noticeable.

I believe the reason may be because they are playing low resolutions like 1080p on 60 Hz monitors so yes, it does run perfectly fine. This is only because Horizons was exceptionally optimized by comparison and they may have actually been getting 120+ FPS but for them 120 FPS and 60 FPS looks very similar at 60Hz.

It scales very badly with resolution so for people playing at high res like 4K or VR, the performance seems really bad. Going from 70-80 FPS at 4K in Horizons to 20-30 FPS in EDO is a drastic difference and much more noticeable.
No, a 960 can't run odyssey "fine" on full 1080p, i have a 980M (which should perform between a 960 and a 970) and it's way under 30 FPS on settlements and CZ with 0.75 supersampling

No, a 960 can't run odyssey "fine" on full 1080p, i have a 980M (which should perform between a 960 and a 970) and it's way under 30 FPS on settlements and CZ with 0.75 supersampling

That’s fine, I won’t argue that. I’m only referring to the people that do say they run EDO fine. The resolution might be one of the reasons it appears fine but when compared to Horizons, it’s really a much lower measurable performance, whether that’s noticeable or not.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom