State of the Game

Ooooooooh Eeeeeeeeee manuel Kant was a real pi**ant who was very rarely stable, Heidegger Heidegger was a boozy beggar who could think you under the table...
Well, it can explain a lot.

I used to be interested and "gifted" in physics and mathematics and had absolutely no idea what all those "humanistic" people are blubbering about in my early life.

And then I started to intoxicate my brain in different ways and suddenly it turns out I not only started to understand them, but became creative enough to make other doubt all those ideas, schemes and models I am describing are my own.

Easy-peasy... You are awake and active during the hours I can play - so all it takes is the suggestion here ;)

Oh, so THAT'S the power of suggestion. "all it takes..."

If only that were true; then Elite Dangerous would be the game that "everybody" wants it to be. ;)

Only if those players wished to fly / walk / die alongside another player or two...
With us being on opposite sides of the pond, timing is a little more 'difficult' then being in the same part of the world ;)

ETA: ED 'could' be the game 'everybody' wants it to be, all it takes is a willingness to play it - and to play the version best suited to the playmates: Misha can't play Odyssey currently, so rather than exclude a squadron mate I'm very happy to play on the version both of us can enjoy.
Really that is all it takes - a little willingness to make a small effort to get along!
And not a single mention of "Would you kindly"...

Now there's the power of suggestion we need!

Well, there is the next paradox - choices vs freedom.

Problem with choices is usually not the path we eventually decide to follow,
it's realising that we are gonna miss the other, unchosen possibility that COULD HAVE led to better outcome and make us more happy.

We all know this on some level even if we never realised this directly, this is why choices are the curse of our life for most of the people - because they force us to deprive ourselves from "potential happiness" thousands, millions of times before we finally rest in peace.
Well, if one is wishy-washy then that's one's problem. Typically once I make a choice, and I do mean choices that actually matter in my life, I don't look back from that moment forward.

Though, that said, IF I choose a path that doesn't pan out and one of the original alternative choices is still available then I reevaluate and make another choice. Otherwise I just move forward. One of the absolutely great things about time is that we cannot control the past; frees up a lot of mental energy.

And, on the subject of "make us more happy": Happiness is a choice, which usually requires and attitude adjustment on one's part and is NOT something that can be "attained" from any source outside ourselves.

And this is absolutely incompatible with our "emotional layer".
Because deep inside everyone has a soul that screams:

Source: https://youtu.be/Je6y_xHnoT4
I'm sorry, what does vrbo have to do with it, oh, that was an ad. Apologies.

Getting back to your point with the link: So a simple fact of life is that having "it all" is technically impossible as it implies that you can have things that are completely opposite, like having and not having your morning coffee.

And then also, not everyone wants "it all" because we all want something different.

So, this is why we tend to FEEL free when we actually are on a RESTRICTED, linear path, when we don't get to and do't have to choose a lot.
Like when we are in love with someone that seems to love us back.
Sorry again, but love, like most emotional responses, is not a choice. It either exists or doesn't.

Apologies for the short response, as I'd love to argue this further, but my employer "actually" expects me to be present at the workplace, and I'm already late. :)

Only if those players wished to fly / walk / die alongside another player or two...
With us being on opposite sides of the pond, timing is a little more 'difficult' then being in the same part of the world ;)

ETA: ED 'could' be the game 'everybody' wants it to be, all it takes is a willingness to play it - and to play the version best suited to the playmates: Misha can't play Odyssey currently, so rather than exclude a squadron mate I'm very happy to play on the version both of us can enjoy.
Really that is all it takes - a little willingness to make a small effort to get along!
Yeah, sorry, I was simply being flip, but I DO see what you did there. Thanks.

I heard you have to slingshot around Sol, go back in time and retrieve 2 cases of rare Humpback Whales to obtain the CMV.
RequiredSourHornedviper-size_restricted.gif

You forgot, "in an anaconda"
No- In a Cobra Mk 4 you stole from someone just after self destructing your own ship to kill them.

You must also be on the surface in physical multicrew, look up and have dialogue with a close friend as your ships debris rains down.

"My god Commander Big Nips, what have I done?"

"What you had to do, what you always do- relog and give yourself a fighting chance at getting an Opinion Poll"

Top Bottom