Release Trade Computer Extension Mk.II

I've run TCE for some time, and now with a year break, I reinstalled TCE. During initialization, it scanned several hundreds of journal logs, each with many events (between 4-2600 in each log). Progress then got to 60% and after that, it seems to still process stuff for hours. I think I remember I left it overnight last time to process all this. If this is normal, upon initialization, I dread to do this over again. Is this normal?
That's not normal. Does a restart helped?
If not and it hangs again at 60%, please send me a bug report by using the Report a Bug button at the Launcher. Attach the created file and I will check, what the issue is.

Thanks in advance.

After I killed the process, and restarted it, it loads as far as filling all of those little squares at botttom of loading screen, then just keep working at 23-25% cpu as before, animation on loading screen moves. I cannot get to report button as it is now. I will try some stuff and report back. Maybe erase it and reinstall. I had a look: DB/TCE_Stars is 15 MB, DB/TCE_UMarkets is 8 MB, DB/TCE_Cartography is 2 MB, and the rest under DB is just minor sized. Nothing in Logs but MonitorSetup file.

Last edited:
I assume I start TCE and should pop up with its many panels, without me having to start Elite? (Or does it need to run in parallel with it to open those panels?)

It seems I cannot get rid of the problem. I have deleted the installation directory, tried moving it to its default C:\TCE, tried reboot, tried rollback to 1.8.5.9. It still shows its loading screen and animates, while eating 20-25% cpu, and my patience does it not let it run more than 10 min.

I assume I start TCE and should pop up with its many panels, without me having to start Elite? (Or does it need to run in parallel with it to open those panels?)

It seems I cannot get rid of the problem. I have deleted the installation directory, tried moving it to its default C:\TCE, tried reboot, tried rollback to 1.8.5.9. It still shows its loading screen and animates, while eating 20-25% cpu, and my patience does it not let it run more than 10 min.
Sent you a pm.

Last edited:
Version [1.8.7.7] released
Changelog:
  • Added a missing commodity and average prices to the Resources database.
  • Fixed an issue with the selection of the Landing Pad filter at the Route Planner panel.
  • Fixed a misspelling issue of a commodity at the Resources and Language database.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.
Click the 'new version' notice at the bottom of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Is there a keyboard command combination that would do the same as clicking the gears in the upper left and choosing Exit? I am working on voice attack programming and I need a combination to close the program.

Hi Eventure

I've come across something weird recently. I don't think it is a bug as such as it happened suddenly after I'd been using a TCE version for some time.

My error report is too large for an email so I have put it on my Dropbox account and you can access it here.

What has happened is that the Auto connect feature on docking (although enabled) suddenly stopped working. No problem I thought, I can do it manually. However the 'connect' button no longer shows in the interface so I no longer have anyway in which to obtain the market prices. It first started in approx v1.8.7.4 but has carried across into the recent updates (I was hoping the upgrades may have cured it), as far as 1.8.7.6 (which is my error file).

Hope you are able to solve it, let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks

Is there a keyboard command combination that would do the same as clicking the gears in the upper left and choosing Exit? I am working on voice attack programming and I need a combination to close the program.
Currently not, but I will add one for the next update.
Hi Eventure

I've come across something weird recently. I don't think it is a bug as such as it happened suddenly after I'd been using a TCE version for some time.

My error report is too large for an email so I have put it on my Dropbox account and you can access it here.

What has happened is that the Auto connect feature on docking (although enabled) suddenly stopped working. No problem I thought, I can do it manually. However the 'connect' button no longer shows in the interface so I no longer have anyway in which to obtain the market prices. It first started in approx v1.8.7.4 but has carried across into the recent updates (I was hoping the upgrades may have cured it), as far as 1.8.7.6 (which is my error file).

Hope you are able to solve it, let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks
Please check, if the EDMC.exe file is present at the EDMC installation folder. Some AV apps having trouble with this file and quarantine it, so TCE can't access it anymore.
Add an exception for the EDMC folder or EDMC.exe file to bypass the issue. It began with the EDMC 5.0 and can continous to happen on each update of EDMC.

Tip: You can receive the commodity data also by entering the Commodity menu of a station, outfitting data by entering the Outfitting menu of a station and shipyard data by entering the Shipyard menu.

Last edited:
Please check, if the EDMC.exe file is present at the EDMC installation folder. Some AV apps having trouble with this file and quarantine it, so TCE can't access it anymore.
Add an exception for the EDMC folder or EDMC.exe file to bypass the issue. It began with the EDMC 5.0 and can continous to happen on each update of EDMC.

Tip: You can receive the commodity data also by entering the Commodity menu of a station, outfitting data by entering the Outfitting menu of a station and shipyard data by entering the Shipyard menu.
EDMC is fine, I've already had the issue with my AV and have added an exception.

By the way I really like the new Main panel with the different levels of detail displayed - it would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to switch between the 3 different levels. ;)

EDMC is fine, I've already had the issue with my AV and have added an exception.

By the way I really like the new Main panel with the different levels of detail displayed - it would be nice if there was a keyboard shortcut to switch between the 3 different levels. ;)
Keybind will come with the next update.
Your data showing me, that the EDMC service isn't activated. You can do it at the Launcher > Extension tab.

i recently started using this, as i would love to do trading without tabbing out to EDDB or inara!

but i've noticed that both EDDB and Inara shows WAAAAY different results than TCE Mk.II

both eddb and inara shows the same routes,and TCE shows something totally different, and the results TCE shows, doesent even show on either of the other sites!

Now, i've set it to sync data from EDMC and EDDB, so the results should be the same no? even gone trough the settings, and they are the same'ish as i have them on both sites!

Anyone have any idea as to what could be happening? as i really love having all this info ingame! its just not even close to the same data as either of the sites! which is... unfortunate!

Last edited:
i recently started using this, as i would love to do trading without tabbing out to EDDB or inara!

but i've noticed that both EDDB and Inara shows WAAAAY different results than TCE Mk.II

both eddb and inara shows the same routes,and TCE shows something totally different, and the results TCE shows, doesent even show on either of the other sites!

Now, i've set it to sync data from EDMC and EDDB, so the results should be the same no? even gone trough the settings, and they are the same'ish as i have them on both sites!

Anyone have any idea as to what could be happening? as i really love having all this info ingame! its just not even close to the same data as either of the sites! which is... unfortunate!
TCE cannot use live data like EDDB / Inara from EDMC, it can only use the data from the nightly dump from EDDB (if you have previously used EDDB Relay) that is up to a day old. This data is additionally updated or supplemented by station visits in the game.

TCE cannot use live data like EDDB / Inara from EDMC, it can only use the data from the nightly dump from EDDB (if you have previously used EDDB Relay) that is up to a day old. This data is additionally updated or supplemented by station visits in the game.
aaaaaah! okay! that makes sense! thanks for the reply man!

Keybind will come with the next update.
Your data showing me, that the EDMC service isn't activated. You can do it at the Launcher > Extension tab.
That seems to have done the trick, thanks. Never thought to look there, don't know how it happened can only assume it changed when doing an update.

Version [1.8.7.8] released
Changelog:
  • Added new keybinds for exiting TCE and changing the HUD size to the Keyboard tab of the Options panel and Launcher.
Notes:
Either download the version above, install and transfer your old database, or use the auto-update function of the launcher.

If you find an error, please report and use the Report a Bug button at the launcher and don't forget to copy the error details and ErrorReportFile.7z archive.

I like to remind any user, who want's to use TCE in french, spanish or russian to help in translating the
latest interface phrases, common commodities and rare commoditiesat OneSky. Thanks in advance.

Version [1.8.7.9] released
Changelog:
  • Fixed an issue by showing the Trade Range button when the EDDB-Relay service is active at the Navigation panel.
  • Fixed an issue with the Trade Range value when the EDDB-Relay service was active.
  • Fixed an error at the EDDB-Relay update when the EDDB-Relay auto-update option was enabled before launching.
  • Fixed a display issue at the Keyboard tab of the Launcher.
Notes:

Hi Eventure
I seem to be asking a lot these days. I cant find the button on the Navigation panel to set the trade range. I know that it has to be set there in order to filter settings in the routes panel.
I hope I have explained that properly :)

Hi Eventure
I seem to be asking a lot these days. I cant find the button on the Navigation panel to set the trade range. I know that it has to be set there in order to filter settings in the routes panel.
I hope I have explained that properly :)
When using the auto-update feature of EDDB-Relay, you can change the Trade Range at the Options panel > Online tab.

I am missing something really obvious here - but how do I actually use the overlay - I see all the nice icons, but the mouse pointer simply does nothing, and I can see no way to actually click on the icons (apart from alt-tabbing away from Elite).
Correction - in ship I can use the panels (but I can't see the mouse pointer until the mouse is over the panel - I have tried all 3 mouse modes) . On foot I use the mouse keyboard for movement and the panels.
What am i doing wrong ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom