New 25 essential habitat animals META-WISHLIST

You can't see the video? On my phone it is shown. I don't know why the forums sometimes hidde the videos from Youtube.
yeah sometimes that happens. I see the link so it may just be my browser settings. I had a feeling it was something capybara related :ROFLMAO:

Oh and it's super cute too!

Since and after the North American DLC confirmation, here's my wishlist.
  1. African leopard
  2. any baboon species that could bred and last in captivity
  3. any gibbon species, especially lar gibbon
  4. dromedary camel
  5. scimitar oryx (extinct in the wild)
  6. alpine ibex
  7. markhor
  8. any lynx species that could bred and last in captivity
Well that's all I could think of what to wish and hope for Planet Zoo to have. Well as long as that zoo game won't have those that couldn't bred and last in captivity, like indri and Javan rhinos. Any questions?
One question. Do you really dont want to round up your list to 20 animals? Seems such a waste 🙈🤷🏽

Oh boy, I only have 20 now? Well after picking 6 of 7 from South East Asia, I have picked none from the last two DLC. Gonna have to make some cuts and maybe adjust based on what we've gotten so far. New ones are noted via underline and *.

Reptilia:
1. Giant Girdled Lizard - would work in PZ - a grasslands lizard that lives in groups, another squamata that is not an exhibit animal or a monitor
2. Indian Narrow-headed Softshell Turtle - giant, mostly-aquatic freshwater turtle found in some zoos

Aves:
3. Red-crowned Crane - iconic crane species
4. Secretary Bird* - I find your lack of ground dwelling birds disturbing

Carnivora:
5. Spot-Necked Otter* - personal favorite, being more specific this time
6. Southern Sea Otter - also personal, but I'd say it has a greater case since we have a freshwater one
7. Leopard Seal - would be nice to get another Antarctic animal that is not a penguin.
8. Pallas Cat* - shifting focus onto small cats, and these are super unique and provide more central Asian animals, my next in line would be caracal

Artiodactyla:
9. Saiga - Asian plains bovid
10. Barasingha - Good for mixed species with peafowl, rhino, and elephant. Red Deer or Pere David's are good alternates.
11. Markhor - need to have more mountain species
12. Chacoan peccary - to round out pig species, preferred over other peccary due to conservation status, unique ecoregion, and physical features.

Perissodactyla:
13. Przewalksi's Wild Horse - most popular non-zebra equid.

Rodentia:
14. Capybara - largest rodent + another South American animals

Monotreme/Marsupials:
15. Platypus - this one speaks for itself
16. Short-beaked echidna - lets round out egg-laying mammals
17. Common Wombat - non macropod marsupial, personally prefer over Tasmanian devil
18. Goodfellow's Tree Kangaroo* - an arboreal macropod, switched from Matschie's on last list

Primata:
19. White-handed Gibbon - need a gibbon species, picked over Crested due to larger range over SE-Asia
20. Black Howler Monkey - another new world monkey

Thank you @random goat for putting this together.

1. Capybara
2. African leopard
3. Tasmanian devil
4. Przewalski's horse
5. Eurasian lynx
6. Fossa
7. Alpine ibex
8. Red deer
9. Red river hog
10. Musk ox
11. Caracal
12. Takin
13. European badger
14. Serval
15. Common wombat
16. Mute swan
17. Somali wild donkey
18. Kirk's dik-dik
19. Watusi cattle
20. Goodfellow’s tree kangaroo

According to the meta-wishlist and first 30 most popular animals on it and also if we would receive biome centered DLC’s next year - it could look a little something like this. What do you think?

TROPICAL

1. Capybara
  2. Maned wolf
  3. Asian small clawed otter
  4. Sloth
  5. Goodfellow tree kangaroo
  6. Red River hog
  7. Howler monkey

DESERT

1. African crested porcupine
  2. Emu
  3. Hamadryas baboon
  4. Caracal
  5. Dromedary
  6. Coati
  7. Honey badger

TEMPERATE

1. Eurasian lynx
  2. Wolverine
  3. Red fox
  4. Platypus
  5. Common wombat
  6. Alpine ibex
  7. Red deer

ENDANGERED

1. Amur leopard
  2. Tasmanian devil
  3. Lar gibbon
  4. Przewalski horse
  5. Fossa
  6. Mishmi takin
  7. Secretary bird
I had problem with inclusion of muskox and walrus to any of those lists.

Honrable mentions black rhino and stripped hyena.

Last edited:
According to the meta-wishlist and first 30 most popular animals on it and if we would receive biome centered DLC’s next year - it could look a little something like this. What do you think?

TROPICAL

1. Capybara
  2. Maned wolf
  3. Platypus
  4. Asian small clawed otter
  5. Sloth
  6. Red River hog
  7. Howler monkey

DESERT

2. Emu
  3. Hamadryas baboon
  4. Caracal
  5. Dromedary
  6. Coati
  7. Honey badger

TEMPERATE

1. Amur leopard
  2. Eurasian lynx
  3. Wolverine
  4. Red fox
  5. Common wombat
  6. Alpine ibex
  7. Red deer

ENDANGERED

1. Tasmanian devil
  2. Lar gibbon
  3. Przewalski horse
  4. Fossa
  6. Mishmi takin
  7. Black rhino

I had problem with inclusion of walrus and muskox to any of those lists.
I'd be very happy with these packs.

I'd be very happy with these packs.
I never thought I would say that but actually I’d be too.
When I look at them now they seem really balanced and of course I would gladly put there some more of my favorites there but those are not the favorites of the general players and I respect that.
This is not my personal favorite list but more of a prediction of what could happen with the most popular 30 species on the list.

I also like that all of the neglected regions received their justice finally.

Last edited:
I never thought I would say that but actually I’d be too.
When I look at them now they seem really balanced and of course I would gladly put there some more of my favorites there but those are not the favorites of the general players and I respect that.
This is not my personal favorite list but more of a prediction of what could happen with the most popular 30 species on the list.

I also like that all of the neglected regions received their justice finally.
I mean, I'm sure we'd get some less popular and more unexpected species, but this is a good baseline.

According to the meta-wishlist and first 30 most popular animals on it and also if we would receive biome centered DLC’s next year - it could look a little something like this. What do you think?

TROPICAL

1. Capybara
  2. Maned wolf
  3. Platypus
  4. Asian small clawed otter
  5. Sloth
  6. Red River hog
  7. Howler monkey

DESERT

2. Emu
  3. Hamadryas baboon
  4. Caracal
  5. Dromedary
  6. Coati
  7. Honey badger

TEMPERATE

1. Amur leopard
  2. Eurasian lynx
  3. Wolverine
  4. Red fox
  5. Common wombat
  6. Alpine ibex
  7. Red deer

ENDANGERED

1. Tasmanian devil
  2. Lar gibbon
  3. Przewalski horse
  4. Fossa
  6. Mishmi takin
  7. Black rhino

I had problem with inclusion of walrus and muskox to any of those lists.
I love it. Instant buy for all of these for me.

Good lists, but platypus would probably be better as temperate TBH… they are found are found in the tropics but spread all the way to the highlands of Tasmania so most of their range is temperate rather than tropical. Could move tree kangaroo to tropical and Amur to endangered and it’d still work.

@nutrit swap the vulnerable walrus (which, as I've discussed before, also fares poorly in captivity and has to have its tusks removed) for the endangered secretarybird.

@nutrit swap the vulnerable walrus (which, as I've discussed before, also fares poorly in captivity and has to have its tusks removed) for the endangered secretarybird.
Good lists, but platypus would probably be better as temperate TBH… they are found are found in the tropics but spread all the way to the highlands of Tasmania so most of their range is temperate rather than tropical. Could move tree kangaroo to tropical and Amur to endangered and it’d still work.
Both swaped. Platypus now in Temperate and tree kangaroo in tropical and Amur leopard and secretary bird in endangered.

I like how temperate is looking now - it’s not obvious at all.

Last edited:
One question. Do you really dont want to round up your list to 20 animals? Seems such a waste 🙈🤷🏽
Well, I could hardly think of what species I wanted Frontier to accept and choose to put and include in Planet Zoo. Those were what I've been hoping for that game to have. And I hope they choose enough bears and wolves (species and subspecies) for that game.

Top Bottom