Elite Dangerous Issue Report - 05/10/2021

Zac Cocken

Junior Product Manager
Frontier
Greetings Commanders!

It's time for the latest of our Issue Reports. Below you'll find the latest Top 20 table, based on your most voted issues in the Issue Tracker.

Note: the status and planned release of each issue is subject to change as various factors affect the ongoing development schedule.

sCtpNtG.png

Top 20 Issues

1. Tiling Planetary Features - As before - would require a large overhaul so no short term plans.
  2. Automated accounts are used to influence BGS and Powerplay. - See our statement from 9 September.
  3. Anti Aliasing Not Working Correctly - Anti-aliasing improvements will come in Update 8 with additional ones planned for the future.
  4. Exiting the Game just hangs need to force terminate - Still under investigation.
  5. Joystick buttons 32+ not working - Still under investigation.
  6. Severe performance problems since Update 5 - The specific cause of frame rate drops following Update 5 has been identified and should be resolved in Update 8. Further performance work will be ongoing thereafter.
  7. Expose telemetry data for motion simulators - This is still being discussed internally.
  8. Dav's Hope not spawning materials - Appears to be fixed for Update 8 - confirming internally with our QA team.
  9. Supercruise Stuck at 0 - Still under investigation.
  10. Interdiction progress bars not visible - Appears to be fixed, currently planning deployment.
  11. NPC Fighter kills in Conflict Zones counting for the progression are a potential exploit. - Appears to be fixed in Update 8.
  12. Planets and Moons orbit lines not visible in the FSS when in VR - Under investigation.
  13. System and Galaxy map misalignment in widescreen aspect ratios (21:9) - Requires significant/fundamental changes. Nothing to announce.
  14. Missions and rewards not sharing with the team - Still being worked on.
  15. Thermal conduit too strong and wrong damage increase - Appears fixed for Update 8. Issue largely comes down to difficulty understanding how they work. Changes should allow players to see when it activates and how much it's activating by.
  16. Incorrect brightness/contrast adjustment depending on angle between camera ship and star - Some of these issues seem related to system limitations while others are genuine bugs. Will be worked on after performance/optimisation is improved.
  17. Discovered systems show validating - Appears related to the way we identify Xbox Gamer Tags - fix is still being worked on.
  18. Illumination of background planets is tied to illumination of player ship by the illuminating star - Similar to the above brightness/contrast issue: could be related to system limitations but otherwise may require further overhauls.
  19. Gamma balance is off which causes details in space to be lost - Seems related to balancing rather than gamma values. Will be investigated post performance improvements.
  20. Epic Games Store commanders having troubles with cAPI - Still under investigation.
As always, please remember this a reflection of the current situation as we see it, and the planned release for these fixes is subject to change.

Fly safe Commanders,

o7

Last edited:
Thermal conduit too strong and wrong damage increase - Appears fixed for Update 8. Issue largely comes down to difficulty understanding how they work. Changes should allow players to see when it activates and how much it's activating by.
Can we get clarification if you have made any changes to damage values, how it is applied or just notification please.. as if it has changed this would be a significant gameplay mechanic alteration. Thank you

@Zac Cocken

Deleted member 182079

D
When you refer to "could be related to system limitations" do you mean the game's rendering system or the end user's (I presume it's the former but just double checking)?

Also, any news on the planned timeline for update 8? And from the interdiction bug comment it seems that we might get a minor patch before #8, do I read this right?

Literally what happened to my face!! The idea of being able to properly update my Virpil firmware to the latest version and use every button on the throttle would be amazing! Not to mention actually having a possible use for those auxiliary button boxes of theirs!
YA MEAN LIKE THE ONE I ORDERED TWO WEEKS AGO?!?!?

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE, MARK!!!!

(By the way, assume you know that in Virpil's software you can program the throttle to assign buttons 33+ as keyboard presses? Its a bodge job at best - there's no way of actually specifying what those keyboard presses are, they're automatically assigned, so every time I use one of the switches to open my cargo scoop, the game pauses... 🤦‍♂️ but at least it gets it functioning.)

Honestly, if they actually get this sorted, I'll dread having to go through all my binds again but it's a sacrifice I'm 110% willing to make!!!

Greetings Commanders!

It's time for the latest of our Issue Reports. Below you'll find the latest Top 20 table, based on your most voted issues in the Issue Tracker.

Note: the status and planned release of each issue is subject to change as various factors affect the ongoing development schedule.

wx9LX1c.png

Top 20 Issues

1. Tiling Planetary Features - As before - would require a large overhaul so no short term plans.
  2. Automated accounts are used to influence BGS and Powerplay. - See our statement from 9 September.
  3. Anti Aliasing Not Working Correctly - Anti-aliasing improvements will come in Update 8 with additional ones planned for the future.
  4. Exiting the Game just hangs need to force terminate - Still under investigation.
  5. Joystick buttons 32+ not working - Still under investigation.
  6. Severe performance problems since Update 5 - The specific cause of frame rate drops following Update 5 has been identified and should be resolved in Update 8. Further performance work will be ongoing thereafter.
  7. Expose telemetry data for motion simulators - This is still being discussed internally.
  8. Dav's Hope not spawning materials - Appears to be fixed for Update 8 - confirming internally with our QA team.
  9. Supercruise Stuck at 0 - Still under investigation.
  10. Interdiction progress bars not visible - Appears to be fixed, currently planning deployment.
  11. NPC Fighter kills in Conflict Zones counting for the progression are a potential exploit. - Appears to be fixed in Update 8.
  12. Planets and Moons orbit lines not visible in the FSS when in VR - Under investigation.
  13. System and Galaxy map misalignment in widescreen aspect ratios (21:9) - Requires significant/fundamental changes. Nothing to announce.
  14. Missions and rewards not sharing with the team - Still being worked on.
  15. Thermal conduit too strong and wrong damage increase - Appears fixed for Update 8. Issue largely comes down to difficulty understanding how they work. Changes should allow players to see when it activates and how much it's activating by.
  16. Incorrect brightness/contrast adjustment depending on angle between camera ship and star - Some of these issues seem related to system limitations while others are genuine bugs. Will be worked on after performance/optimisation is improved.
  17. Discovered systems show validating - Appears related to the way we identify Xbox Gamer Tags - fix is still being worked on.
  18. Illumination of background planets is tied to illumination of player ship by the illuminating star - Similar to the above brightness/contrast issue: could be related to system limitations but otherwise may require further overhauls.
  19. Gamma balance is off which causes details in space to be lost - Seems related to balancing rather than gamma values. Will be investigated post performance improvements.
  20. Epic Games Store commanders having troubles with cAPI - Still under investigation.
As always, please remember this a reflection of the current situation as we see it, and the planned release for these fixes is subject to change.

Fly safe Commanders,

o7
Thanks for this list. The secure warehouse on FCs is bugged since the previous patch. Wouldn't it be better if each patch gave priority to It's predecessor's mischiefs before fixing additional bugs?

YA MEAN LIKE THE ONE I ORDERED TWO WEEKS AGO?!?!?

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE, MARK!!!!

(By the way, assume you know that in Virpil's software you can program the throttle to assign buttons 33+ as keyboard presses? Its a bodge job at best - there's no way of actually specifying what those keyboard presses are, they're automatically assigned, so every time I use one of the switches to open my cargo scoop, the game pauses... 🤦‍♂️ but at least it gets it functioning.)

Honestly, if they actually get this sorted, I'll dread having to go through all my binds again but it's a sacrifice I'm 110% willing to make!!!
Did you watch the stream? They said it was lower priority and was only being investigated. I think the Update 8 is a bit of a red herring (happy to be proven wrong by wrong). Same also holds true the VR orbit lines issue (my pet peeve).

Top Bottom