*******Odyssey: Console Release ETA. *******

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Not sure pinging Sally every other post is really giving her a break to be honest.

It's not even required in a thread she is participating in. 👍

I am as frustrated as everyone else with lack of console news but, Sally has explained time and time again now that she can't tell us anymore.

Feel free to vent but, maybe cutting down on the pings would be the nice thing to do.

I bought this game a week ago! I played the original games many moons ago however, but I saw ED on PS4 and decided to give a shot. I LOVE it.
Welcome to the game and the forums. Make sure to pick up the free Anaconda from Hutton Orbital in the Alpha Centauri system. It helped me out alot whem I first started out.
I’m so glad I never looked at the forums first, because if I had of done, I’d never have bought the game. This game is fantastic! Sure it may have its bugs, but it’s a video game!!!
Yeah it's a good game but the bugs people are complaining about are game breaking. Some days people literally can't connect to the servers at all or if you do you get kicked. That doesn't sound like a big deal to you because all your doing is hauling biowaste in a cobra atm but for some activities it's a huge deal. You might not have encountered any thargoids yet so ill break this down. They are tough as nails. Some of them can take a wing of 4 players more than 30 minutes to kill one. Now imagine being 25 minutes into a 30 plus minute fight and suddenly half of your wing gets dropped from the game. The other two are then slaughtered because your strategy falls apart. That's not even counting a big that accidentally made the thing invincible which you wouldn't even notice for almost 10 minutes or so.
If ED does go go down the tubes on PS4 I’m sure the constant negativity from console users will have played a big part in it.
Is it though? Have you litterly ever even played any other games and seen the vitriol comming from the PC side of the fence?

Hahaha thanks. I’ve got my mug already. And yea I’ve had problems with the disconnects too. On the way to Hutton orbital I dropped out of super cruise every 10/15 mins or so, hoping to trigger an auto save. 😬 😂

Hahaha thanks. I’ve got my mug already. And yea I’ve had problems with the disconnects too. On the way to Hutton orbital I dropped out of super cruise every 10/15 mins or so, hoping to trigger an auto save. 😬 😂
The game saves automatically so dont worry about autosaving. As long as you dont task kill it you should be fine.

@sallymorganmoore might FDev consider to give us consoleplayers a goodie to keep us happy, safe and sound for alllll the extra waiting time? E.g. an unlock of the cobra IV (which we on console never had a chance to get, since it was only for pc guys (kinda unfair, as we paid the same money right?))
Or some other goodie? Some thing of emotional compensation for having to be second priority? As a gesture ?

... an unlock of the cobra IV (which we on console never had a chance to get, since it was only for pc guys

The ship is only available for pre-orderers who have the lifelong expansion pass and this ship is also available on console.

The Cobra MK4 was available as a limited time unlock for any PC player who bought Horizons before Feb 5th 2016, LEP players got it for free, and any Xbox player who bought Horizons before 30th Sept 2016.

Playstation players have never had the option to obtain the Cobra MK4 by any means, and are the only platform denied it completely.

Just thought i'd clarify this.

The Cobra MK4 was available as a limited time unlock for any PC player who bought Horizons before Feb 5th 2016, LEP players got it for free, and any Xbox player who bought Horizons before 30th Sept 2016.

Playstation players have never had the option to obtain the Cobra MK4 by any means, and are the only platform denied it completely.

Just thought i'd clarify this.
When I heard about the Mk4, I read some threads and came to the conclusion: if FDev will make the Mk4 available again, you'll be able to see grownup men cry like babies. Correction: worse than babies! xD

I don't care about the MK4 per se. But that makes me want to take it away from them, because it is so ridiculous :D So if there'll be a petition, I'll sign it at once... and I don't even own the game for PS4!

Why is everyone wanting the MK4 ? I just don't get it . I've been playing on Xbox since Aug 2016 and I don't have it ?
Because I have to wait to pay for a dlc I may or may not get . I want something free ?? Why ?

Why is everyone wanting the MK4 ? I just don't get it . I've been playing on Xbox since Aug 2016 and I don't have it ?
Because I have to wait to pay for a dlc I may or may not get . I want something free ?? Why ?
I don't want it... I just want to see some strange people cry :D And giving it to the PS4 players doesn't hurt any normal person ^.^

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Because it's a ship which can be used in game? (Unless you bought on PlayStation of course). 🤷‍♂️

Apparently it's quite a good fit for Odyssey too.

Yes, i'm a ps4 player (and came to this EDO topic, since we all have the same issue, to have to wait)... and if I ask for a litte emotional compensation for us, is dared to ask for both consoles - so all of us, who have to wait. I also could have asked only for the ps4, since we never got the chance to get this ship, that is also flown by NPCs... i don't question the ingame usage... I ask for a gesture to calm down everything.

@sallymorganmoore
So here is a compromise proposal to FDev: make the Cobra Mk4 available for all console players UNTIL EDO releases for consoles. Only players who stick to ED in this time before EDO drops may buy it, and after EDO releases just re-lock the buying opportunity. Maybe you want to carry this question to FDevs management meetings?!

Somehow an emotional compensation for the waiting time would maybe sooth the consoles community's pain a little bit. And it would not cost FDev anything (it would rather increase paintjob sales as we would get a new toy, that wants to be nicely painted, right?). Just flip a switch for a while. Let's be honest - this topic is really emotional right now - and i include myself as well.
The cobra mk4 temporary buy unlock would be nice gesture to us - the guys on console, who stick loyal to the game, even if we get not to play the new stuff anytime soon... (or in this century... ;) ) You may also limit the Cobra MkIV buying opportunity to a month. But it should be exclusive for the waiting guys and girls on the console, who stick faithful to the game. It's all about an emotional gesture.

Last edited:
It's a ship given to those people who on xbox bought horizons before 31july 2016 and PC folk who bought before Feb 2016 or lep . I missed out on Xbox by ?what 14 days ?
Why would Fdev give a MK4 to people because they cant play EDO ?
I can't play SC does that give me the right to demand to get a mercury star runner ?
I'm sorry as a whinging old Xbox player even I'm at a loss at this .
Whilst I'm not a happy chappy about where we are with Console EDO .
Would you folk be demanding compensation if we got EDO and it didn't work ? What a MK4 ?
Or what a unicorn paint job with rainbow lasers and shooting stars out of the engines ?
Sad fact we are going to have to wait a long time (12 months if not more) and there is no guarantee that we will get it .
Fly safe commanders and 07

she can't tell you more or they won't let her,
Why would Frontier not allow a CM to tell us any news regarding consoles?

Not being funny, serious question.

I could understand it if Frontier were developing something completely new for the game and didn't want competitors gaining access to that info, but Odyssey is not new.
On foot gaming, station interiors, etc... have been around for decades.

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
How many times do Frontier have to say the Cobra Mk. IV is not going to be given to anyone? What the point of asking for better communication, when all people do is ignore the communication when it's given. Frontier have made their stance clear, and they will not be providing the Cobra Mk. IV to any PS users, or Xbox/PC users who started playing after the cut off.
Hey sorry for the delay in coming back on this one, took me a while to ask the right people as this was before my time here.

The Cobra MK IV was an excluve reward to PC and XBOX players that upgraded to Horizons within a year (I believe) and will not be coming to PS4.

I know this is not the answer you hoped for, I am sorry about that but I would rather tell you how it is rather than give you any false hope.

-Arf

That is it. Asking for every little thing to be given it as compensation, is not going to change their stance. Repeatedly pinging Sally is not going to change anything.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom